Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

From what little we have seen of Silk, I am really excited to see if she turns out to be woman of colour. And if I had my wish I would love it if was Native American. It would be greater still if they gave her an actual connection to the Spider Woman of many indigenous myths. Have they ever even touched on that legend in the Spider-books? I am not a Spider-fan but I could be if they make Silk really exceptional.

Really excited to read Silk's story!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    uh, so who is Silk, why should we care? How did she get her abilities from an already dead spider?
    According to the retcon the spider didn't die after biting Peter it lived long enough to crawl over to Silk and bite her on the foot before dying.

Interesting to see that all of the movie posters in her apartment are from 1999. Is that when we're saying the spider bite took place now?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    According to the retcon the spider didn't die after biting Peter it lived long enough to crawl over to Silk and bite her on the foot before dying.
    RETCON THIS. http://reading-room.net/AmazingFantasy15/AF15P03.jpg

Never shows the spider dying in AF15.

Think character has potential. Her look in unique compared to previous spider-women characters. She even looks to have some unique powers (organic webbing). I trust Daniel J. Slott (aside from killing rhino) and think he will tell a good story.

Does anyone have an image of this character besides that flashback scene in ASM #1? For a second I thought Silk was that one characterin White Rabbit's army that shredded Spidey's costume.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Rhino View Post
    RETCON THIS. http://reading-room.net/AmazingFantasy15/AF15P03.jpg

Never shows the spider dying in AF15.

Think character has potential. Her look in unique compared to previous spider-women characters. She even looks to have some unique powers (organic webbing). I trust Daniel J. Slott (aside from killing rhino) and think he will tell a good story.
    Relax. I wasn't jumping on Slott or having a dig. And I agree that the character looks like she has potential, will have to wait and see if it's a good story though.

We already have Jessica Drew. I like her. I'm mad at this.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Does anyone have an image of this character besides that flashback scene in ASM #1? For a second I thought Silk was that one characterin White Rabbit's army that shredded Spidey's costume.
    No, that was Skein, alias Gypsy Moth, a mutant with the psionic ability to manipulate fabric. No relation, as far as we know, to Silk.

BANNED

So, given that we're probably going to get more information on Silk soon, anyone have any speculations on what her deal is?

I'm kind of thinking that she might at least be related to Pedro.

Or at least something that would explain why they aren't bothering to show her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    Interesting to see that all of the movie posters in her apartment are from 1999. Is that when we're saying the spider bite took place now?
    We'll based on the current year in the MU being 2014 and them saying back in ASM#1 that Peter's been Spider-Man 13 years, the bite took place in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMacQuarrie1 View Post
    So, given that we're probably going to get more information on Silk soon, anyone have any speculations on what her deal is?

I'm kind of thinking that she might at least be related to Pedro.

Or at least something that would explain why they aren't bothering to show her face.
    I doubt Pedro has anything to do with it. My money is on her being mutated physically.

So today, after much hype, Silk gets the spotlight in ASM #4. I loved everything about this issue and Silk looks like a very promising addition to the Spiderverse.

-what did you all think of that last page?
    -how do u like Silk's look?
    -now that you have a taste, are you interested in seeing more of her?

My answers to the above are: nice surprise, love it and absolutely

Ultimate Member

-I'm intrigued about the last page, and I have a theory as to what could be going on. As for the "event," I'd be ok with it if it was done well.
    -I actually really like her look. It's REALLY simple, but it works somehow and the joke about it was genuinely amusing.
    -Yes, I'm interested to see where this goes. Certainly much more interested then in that godawful Black Cat plotline that's going on.

After rereading the comic about five times, I can now say that I am intrigued now.
    Though I am curious to why writers are obsessed with the origin. After listening to the CrawlSpace panel talk about it on their podcast weeks ago, and I now see why they are so put off by it.
    Nonetheless, Cindy is pretty powerful too.
    Her costume looks better than it did on that one cover from a while back.
    And lastly, I kinda freaked out about that last page on the main discussion on the issue because weren't they forced into that kiss?