Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Not necessarily. My theory is that Silk has pheromone powers, kind of like Jessica Drew, and that that's what's affecting both of them. But she might be unaware that she has them, or cannot control them properly.

I don't really think it's a pheromone power but instead something in which, since they were bit by the same spider, they're in a sense tuned to the same frequency. A couple times in the issue Peter mentioned being drawn to her and his Spider Sense even allowed him to find her when she went off to her old home.

Ultimate Member

That could be it to.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I have the same theory as Punisher007 regarding the kiss, I think Cindy has pheromones but is unaware of it. Guess we'll find out if we're right on that soon enough.

Promising start for Cindy, felt for her character, especially when she went to visit her family home just to discover they're no longer there.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Stupid double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post
    From what little we have seen of Silk, I am really excited to see if she turns out to be woman of colour.
    Reading issue #4, I thought she looked part Asian, though with Ramos' art it's hard to tell.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don't really think it's a pheromone power but instead something in which, since they were bit by the same spider, they're in a sense tuned to the same frequency. A couple times in the issue Peter mentioned being drawn to her and his Spider Sense even allowed him to find her when she went off to her old home.
    Yeah, the issue makes it clear that both Peter and Cindy's spider-sense literally attracts them to one another. And let's remember what the spider-sense actually is--it's a natural defense mechanism and early warning system that triggers an instinctive survival instinct. And guess what is also an instinctive survival instinct? Reproduction. And if that's the case, then this means Peter and Cindy's spider-sense is essentially telling them to start making babies with one another as quickly as possible in order to "perpetuate the survival of the species" so to speak.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 07-24-2014 at 06:14 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yeah, the issue makes it clear that both Peter and Cindy's spider-sense literally attracts them to one another. And let's remember what the spider-sense actually is--it's a natural defense mechanism and early warning system that triggers an instinctive survival instinct. And guess what is also an instinctive survival instinct? Reproduction. And if that's the case, then this means Peter and Cindy's spider-sense is literally telling them to start making babies with one another as quickly as possible in order to "perpetuate the survival of the species" so to speak.
    That there is one sharp explanation....bravo

Ultimate Member

"Spider-sex, Spider-sex. Hopefully it's not as kinky as it sounds."

Also, note how their connection began BEFORE they were in physical proximity...Pete was already worked up by the time he arrived at the bunker. And I wonder if the two of them together give off a specific scent...notice Morlun didn't 'smell' anything until the two of them were together.

Is that Silk on the cover of the just-announced Spider-Woman #1?

Could she be co-headlining the book with Jessica? LOVE the costume. An article about the new series will be posted on 'rama following the panel, so we'll see soon!

http://www.newsarama.com/21730-sdcc-...anel-live.html

Yes! Silk will be a big part of the new Spider-woman book

http://www.newsarama.com/21716-sdcc-...-solo-web.html

Ultimate Member

Huh, that's an interesting team-up. I wonder how it comes about? Oh and I really like the costume as well.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Not really a Spider Man fan, but absolutely a Jessica Drew fan, I will be picking up her book. As for Silk, I like the name but not so much the costume. Would rather they had given her the Gwen Stacy Spider Woman costume instead, it is far more interesting.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Call me pessimistic but i have a horrible feeling she'll die in spider-verse, probably just to pull at heartstrings.