Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

I do like the sensibility of the series.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Man I really gotta start buying variants.

Issue 3...amazing!! Anyone else check it out?

BANNED

I really liking this series! it is a big surprise for me how the book is good

It continues to be good but I attribute Silk's loss to fatigue and bad luck.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Silk is among my few pulls and i'm loving the series and the character. Silk, Spider-Gwen, Howard the duck, and Ms Marvel have all been fantastic series, art styles, and characters thus far for me and I look forward to their comics (greatly Spider-Gwen, Silk, and Ms Marvel).

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

I guess it's reasonable that Silk would get trashed by Catpin after the air battle with Dragonclaw. But the solicits are painting an even darker future for Miss Moon.

#4 seems light-hearted enough with the Silk-Human Torch date (huh?). At first I felt some twinge of hope when I read that #5 would have a Spidey-Silk team-up against Catpin which may probably signal the end of that Crime Empire. But noooooo, I read #6 and it turns out not only do the heroes lose, but now Catpin has captured Silk and is keeping her in a dungeon as her personal torture-toy-slash-luck-power-charger (the ridiculous "I must do Chaotic Evil shit to other people to keep my Luck powers up and running".) Damn it.

Death Note, Death Note, Death Note...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    I guess it's reasonable that Silk would get trashed by Catpin after the air battle with Dragonclaw. But the solicits are painting an even darker future for Miss Moon.

#4 seems light-hearted enough with the Silk-Human Torch date (huh?). At first I felt some twinge of hope when I read that #5 would have a Spidey-Silk team-up against Catpin which may probably signal the end of that Crime Empire. But noooooo, I read #6 and it turns out not only do the heroes lose, but now Catpin has captured Silk and is keeping her in a dungeon as her personal torture-toy-slash-luck-power-charger (the ridiculous "I must do Chaotic Evil shit to other people to keep my Luck powers up and running".) Damn it.

Catpin will only get WORSE throughout the year until the Kingpin arrives to take back the thrown from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post

I thought issue 6 wasn't out yet.

Solicits. I paraphrased the blurbs of the solicits for the future issues. You can find them in here somewhere.

Silk now rivals Thor as my favorite current Marvel book. Please put Lee on a Black Cat (Catpin? Not sure that's a thing) solo book stat! Felicia was handled beautifully in all her panels.

Catpin IS a thing. She has an army of D-list costumed crooks, she's one of the warring mobsters in the Spiral arc (the #.1 issues) and she KILLS. And Lowe & Slott mandate to keep her that way even after Secret Wars. Curse them.

I mean come on! A poster here wrote how his printed letter in a recent Spidey column that criticized Felicia's character assassination got a reply from Editor Lowe that he should just STOP READING SPIDER-MAN NOW.

Come back already, Fisk! Even though you risk being killed by Catpin's Villain Sue luck powers.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 05-02-2015 at 05:11 AM.

Makes sense to me (not the Catpin thing....the "don't read the book if ya don't like what's happening" bit).
    Felicia's delicious - today, yesterday, tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Makes sense to me (not the Catpin thing....the "don't read the book if ya don't like what's happening" bit).
    Felicia's delicious - today, yesterday, tomorrow.
    She's a single character. Fact is, if a villain is going to be that ubiquitous in a book, it's rather unusual.

I mean wouldn't it be weird if someone told you to stop reading Batman because you didn't like the way Scarecrow was being portrayed?