Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    OK, now the 100-Hickmans inside of Hickman sounds like a reasonable theory.

The Deviants? OK, now are we getting a bit too convoluted? Isn't this getting to be a bit too much Marvel mythology in one story?
    Newton searched for the Deviants and even mated with one of them in Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. series. It's not convoluted if you go back and read that series. I still think Hickman will tie-up all the series he wrote for Marvel (Fantastic Four, S.H.I.E.L.D., Avengers, Ultimates, etc..) when all's said and done. The weird part's that the S.H.I.E.L.D series isn't finished yet -- I recall Hickman saying that it's up to Dustin Weaver -- but weaver keeps taking on all these other projects so I guess we won't be seeing that for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by frostywontons View Post
    Just occurred to me that none of the alternate Illuminati we've seen thus far have had a Stephen Strange/visible Sorcerer Supreme and Black Swan did not seem to have met a Stephen Strange before either. Wonder if this fact is significant? Perhaps the Black Priests are all alternate versions of Strange?
    That was my thought too. I hope they have more plans to spotlight Dr. Strange. It'd be really odd if the movie made a billion dollars and Doc still didn't have a regular monthly.
    Last edited by Eisenhorn; 03-03-2015 at 10:03 PM.

***deleted***
    Last edited by Eisenhorn; 03-03-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenhorn View Post
    The weird part's that the S.H.I.E.L.D series isn't finished yet -- I recall Hickman saying that it's up to Dustin Weaver -- but weaver keeps taking on all these other projects so I guess we won't be seeing that for a while.
    It is my understanding that the last issues are complete but they have not been released yet for an unknown reason. Most people feel that it may contain spoilers for TRO and/or Battleworld so Marvel is holding off until the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by rukkis View Post
    It is my understanding that the last issues are complete but they have not been released yet for an unknown reason. Most people feel that it may contain spoilers for TRO and/or Battleworld so Marvel is holding off until the time is right.
    It'd be awesome if they were... but if they contains spoilers then it lends credence to the notion that one of the characters or an event in that series is essential to the larger TRO/Secret Wars storyline. So maybe Newton or one of the other characters (Leonid?) is Rabum Alal. If it is Newton, it's somehow fitting that its one of the greatest minds in human history that's caused all this trouble. Hickman's stories have always had this undercurrent of the way that human intelligence and its application can both advance and doom humanity (in broad strokes, his Marvel themes from FF, New Avengers and SHIELD are not too different from his themes in The Manhattan Projects).

Of course, I'd like to see Da Vinci become involved with TRO at some point. He's criminally underused.

As an aside -- it's too bad there's no archive of these forums. I wrote a few years ago that I thought Hickman would be Marvel's Grant Morrison. The funny thing is that I'm enjoying Hickman's Marvel stories a heck of a lot more than Morrison's recent DC work.
    Last edited by Eisenhorn; 03-04-2015 at 04:58 AM.