Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Hickman said it was a new character. And we know the incursions began on an alternate earth...but perhaps doom & Owen's journey into the space between universes leads them back in time to an alternate earth and somehow they cause the initial collapse, creating a causality loop...but I doubt it based on the NA 32 cover. Doom is laying there crumpled with his mask blown off. Someone rocked him hard.
    Maybe Owen did the damage. I'm thinking that visual has a real echo of Doom's fight with Beyonder in Secret Wars 10, before he merged with him. Quite a lot of this plot is echoing Secret Wars and I can't believe it's coincidence that the two main players in Secret Wars' ending, Doom and Molecule Man, just happen to be traveling together back in time towards Rabum Alal's birthplace. If they merged it would technically be a new character of course, like Onslaught was. Misdirection.

Also the solicitations says the identity would be "revealed." That doesn't sound like something you'd do to a new character. Plus he's wearing Doom's cloak. C'mon. They at least want us to think it's Doom, even if it's another misdirection.

2407785-marvelsuperheroessecretwars10.jpg
    Last edited by teepee; 02-13-2015 at 07:26 PM.