Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Especially when you factor in that he has three monthly creator owned series going on, too. Although one just started.

He's a beast.

Can 'to wait for this issue and the big reveal.
    I just hope he doesn't burn out! Although Stephen King has a prodigious oeuvre, with mixed results admittedly. But when they're good, they're really good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I just hope he doesn't burn out! Although Stephen King has a prodigious oeuvre, with mixed results admittedly. But when they're good, they're really good.
    Yeah, Hickman is taking on a lot.

But he's leaving Marvel (for a while at least) after Secret Wars which is a real bummer.

Fantastic Member

My best guess - Rabum Alal is a Doom tainted Beyonder! The Beyonder from the original Secret Wars didn't just get his powers back when taking them from Doom, this would be Onslaught done Doom style.

Either that or it's Willie Lumpkin.

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post
    The way you kids talk today, I can't tell if that's a slam or a compliment.
    My bad. This is going to be a real hootenanny, that better?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcgaffer View Post
    My best guess - Rabum Alal is a Doom tainted Beyonder! The Beyonder from the original Secret Wars didn't just get his powers back when taking them from Doom, this would be Onslaught done Doom style.

Either that or it's Willie Lumpkin.
    If every What if story results in a new entry in the multiverse then I wonder if this multiverse Doom is still around or if his universe was destroyed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Oh, I thought it was because of the Age of Ultron time thing or the Cancerverse being wiped out, so it was this guy (or creature?)?
    It might help to read the story, since Rabum Alal has been mentioned like a hundred times so far...

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    I do too but I suppose they want us to fill in the blanks ourselves.
    That's reasonable to an extent, sure.... but take it too far and we might as well save our funds, skip the published comics, and just write MU fan fiction for ourselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I kinda wish we got more from Doctor Strange's side from the time he disappeared to TRO
    I agree. It's a shame some of the other characters aren't getting that much attention. Cause in issues like this one when they do get the Spotlight there so much you hope will get answered but they never really do.

I haven't yet read a Hickman story that I didn't enjoy. Some are better than others, sure, but I've enjoyed it all.

I enjoy most of King's stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

But he's leaving Marvel (for a while at least) after Secret Wars which is a real bummer.
    He'll be back. But in the meantime, you should definitely get into East of West and his other Image books. In my opinion, East of West is superior to his Marvel work. Dragotta's art doesn't hurt either.

If every What if story results in a new entry in the multiverse then I wonder if this multiverse Doom is still around or if his universe was destroyed?
    That cover with Doom an the Gauntlet is badass. I don't think I ever saw that book or I probably would have grabbed it based on the cover alone. Was the story any good?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I just wish we could buy him drinks, and personally thank him, before he takes his deserved break. But we'll just have to settle for praising & thanking him digitally.

ok...been reading S.H.I.E.L.D.... I definitely don't see RA being Newton, or even an alternate Newton. I found some interesting connections though- Franklin Richards "ascended" at some point in the future, and Michelangelo also "ascended" with somewhat similar powers... They both can exist in multiple times, but Michelangelo seems to exist in multiple times simultaneously, while Franklin travels through time. Also, Franklin seems to be able to alter reality and create pocket universes, which michelangelo does not seem to be able to do.

Maybe they belong to a "class" of superbeing that we havent really seen as being classified yet. Maybe RA is this type of being (but on the evil axis) and he snuffed out his universe, which caused the domino-effect of multiversal collapse

As I have read in previous posts, I agree that RA is more of a chaotic figure, while the Ivory Kings/Beyonders are trying to reach some kind of orderly end to the multiverse, but they are purposefully preserving bits and pieces of each destroyed earth/universe to create a new reality/multiverse through the formation of the upcoming Battleworld....

jesus I can't wait until March 11!!!

Spectacular Member

Doom. With Molecule Man.

Quote Originally Posted by teepee View Post
    Doom. With Molecule Man.
    Hickman said it was a new character. And we know the incursions began on an alternate earth...but perhaps doom & Owen's journey into the space between universes leads them back in time to an alternate earth and somehow they cause the initial collapse, creating a causality loop...but I doubt it based on the NA 32 cover. Doom is laying there crumpled with his mask blown off. Someone rocked him hard.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    That cover with Doom an the Gauntlet is badass. I don't think I ever saw that book or I probably would have grabbed it based on the cover alone. Was the story any good?
    Quite good, actually. Just get ready for quite a few Doctor Manhatten shout-outs.

I want to see Black Panther get into a fight with Rabum Alal, and win! There has to be vindication for T'challa...