Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

ok before the issue what is everyone's final thoughts on who rabum alal is?

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    It's the Hood! Isn't it always?
    This isn't a Bendis comic
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    I am going to go with a new character, but with ties to existing lore.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    Isn't that the new Unseen/Watcher Nick Fury on the cover there?

Could this was all have been Nick's fault?
    Maybe he screwed something up during his time as "the man on the wall".
    I would certainly welcome ANY explanation at this point. Why hasn't any of this been happening before now? There has to be a reason why no one had ever heard of the word incursions before in the Marvel U for however many decades and somehow everything was fine; but now all of a sudden, every 15 minutes it's the end of the world and it must be dealt with.

Also, good luck making ANY story feel important after you've essentially run the "END OF THE UNIVERSE" doomsday scenario on a daily loop for about a year. ;-) We've seen Wolverine die, every possible Spider-Man fantasy team-up imaginable through Spider-Verse, we're seeing Hulk rip through all the other Hulks (rush-ending any debate there might have had about which was strongest), seen Dr Strange sell what's left of his soul to attain Godlike power, unlike anything we will ever see in a Dr Strange story again...

...this is what you call the "CLIMAX" of 75 years (or however long it's been) of storytelling.

There is absolutely no way to make a story feel important after that, for at least a few years... but that's the NEXT EIC's problem, right?

(That's right, I'm predicting Alonso is stepping down after he and Brevoort have reset -- and cashed in on -- everything.)
    Last edited by _underscore; 02-12-2015 at 03:14 PM.

It seems Hickman will be done with the mystery angle before Secret Wars, focusing solely on the moral/war aspect in the actual event.
    Last edited by Viteh; 02-12-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Moderately surprised that a preview got shown since throughout most of Time Runs Out, we haven't seen any previews. The fact we get one now just serves to highlight this is going to be a big issue.

Regardless, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far and the color/ink team for Walker's pencils looks better than it did in prior NA issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    Isn't that the new Unseen/Watcher Nick Fury on the cover there?

Could this was all have been Nick's fault?
    Maybe he screwed something up during his time as "the man on the wall".
    nick fury is the new watcher?

wat

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

Just going back over SHIELD. I think Leonardo built the first bridge. He destribed it as a hole in space in time and Leonid described it as a "bridge". With Hickman, I don't think this is a coincidence.

The bird with Night Machine probably has something to do with the Swans too.
    Mark Allen Chi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by markallenchi View Post
    Just going back over SHIELD. I think Leonardo built the first bridge. He destribed it as a hole in space in time and Leonid described it as a "bridge". With Hickman, I don't think this is a coincidence.

so what are you thinking?

Fantastic Member

Alrighty. Bring it to us, Jon. You got our attention, make it good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Moderately surprised that a preview got shown since throughout most of Time Runs Out, we haven't seen any previews. The fact we get one now just serves to highlight this is going to be a big issue.

Regardless, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far and the color/ink team for Walker's pencils looks better than it did in prior NA issues.
    It's an unlettered preview, so it kinda doesn't count. Not the regular preview we get on fridays.

I know Hickman dislikes previews, and Brevoort seems to agree with him at least for TRO. Although maybe it has had some effect on sales (digital perhaps? previews is how I find out a book is coming out), so they are changing it somewhat, allowing unlettered previews.

Keep in mind, that Stephen Strange is the one to combat Rabum Alal first. That tells me that this villain must be at least partially magical-based.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Its Stan Lee, payback for not letting him into Reed and Sue's wedding!

or maybe a version of Kang the Conqueror where he did conquer everything now theres nothing left to do but destroy everything.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by markallenchi View Post

Yeah I thought the same thing. The Destroyer probably has something to do with one of those Earths, that Newton fought Leonid on.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    It's an unlettered preview, so it kinda doesn't count. Not the regular preview we get on fridays.

I know Hickman dislikes previews, and Brevoort seems to agree with him at least for TRO. Although maybe it has had some effect on sales (digital perhaps? previews is how I find out a book is coming out), so they are changing it somewhat, allowing unlettered previews.
    For the purposes of TRO so far...it counts barely even being unlettered. It fits in with the previews for the issues that had the timejump.

I think they're showing due to the reveal being planned for the issue and to reignite interest among those who may have dropped out.