Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Sad Superman's Avatar

Can. Not. Wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    ok before the issue what is everyone's final thoughts on who rabum alal is?
    My disappointment answer? It's nobody and was a created fib to get people onboard this scheme, and all the incursions are happening on their own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    Isn't that the new Unseen/Watcher Nick Fury on the cover there?

Could this was all have been Nick's fault?
    Maybe he screwed something up during his time as "the man on the wall".
    Holy crap...you know, to be fair, the Unseen, Nicky Fury in this new role, is a new character...
    Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post
    I would certainly welcome ANY explanation at this point. Why hasn't any of this been happening before now? There has to be a reason why no one had ever heard of the word incursions before in the Marvel U for however many decades and somehow everything was fine; but now all of a sudden, every 15 minutes it's the end of the world and it must be dealt with.

Also, good luck making ANY story feel important after you've essentially run the "END OF THE UNIVERSE" doomsday scenario on a daily loop for about a year. ;-) We've seen Wolverine die, every possible Spider-Man fantasy team-up imaginable through Spider-Verse, we're seeing Hulk rip through all the other Hulks (rush-ending any debate there might have had about which was strongest), seen Dr Strange sell what's left of his soul to attain Godlike power, unlike anything we will ever see in a Dr Strange story again...

...this is what you call the "CLIMAX" of 75 years (or however long it's been) of storytelling.

There is absolutely no way to make a story feel important after that, for at least a few years... but that's the NEXT EIC's problem, right?

(That's right, I'm predicting Alonso is stepping down after he and Brevoort have reset -- and cashed in on -- everything.)
    But isn't that what you do before you destroy the world? You let the writers make a big wreck of it so that it's even harder to go back to what it was?

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

I don't buy Hickmans' claim of a new character. My guess are:
    - Issac Newton
    - Alternate Doom
    - Franklin/Val
    - The hero's themselves (somehow they are responsible for the destruction)
    - There is no Great Destoryer. It is an idea. ("it all started with an idea." "Ideas are dying.") A story that grew in the telling.
    Mark Allen Chi

Isaac Newton may be the instigator, but I think he dies before Secret Wars, or might already be dead, and that it's the Star Child who is Rabum Alal, the innocent and possibly insane messiah, the son of the Celestial Madonna, who carries on Newton's legacy.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Wow. FINALLY we get back to Dr. Strange. I need to go back and count if it was indeed six issues since his last appearance, yet again.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    I do too but I suppose they want us to fill in the blanks ourselves.
    At $4 a comic, I think the creators should be filling in those huge gaping blanks -- and not in another comic, by another creative team that costs $5.

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    It's the Hood! Isn't it always?
    LOL! I laugh, but sadly within the realm of possibility in Marvel today.

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    Keep in mind, that Stephen Strange is the one to combat Rabum Alal first. That tells me that this villain must be at least partially magical-based.
    Or, they are going with the ridiculous notion that magic is just some sort of advance science.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

if Isaac Newton does play a role, what would be his motive for doing it?

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

He's an agent of death. He learned the Quite Math that means everything will die.
    Mark Allen Chi

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    if Isaac Newton does play a role, what would be his motive for doing it?
    The Marvel Multiverse turned out to be Isaac Newton's nightmares all come to fruition. He was forced to mate with a Deviant, only for his son to choose his enemy's side. The universe is not deterministic being ruled by quantum mechanics and having a multiverse. He was thus simply wrong about the nature of reality, which he cannot abide. And he has discovered that not only did the gods the Beyonders / Ivory Kings not create the Multiverse, they are capricious and chaotic.

Time to blow up the Multiverse and re-create it in an image Newton can stand.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by markallenchi View Post
    I don't buy Hickmans' claim of a new character. My guess are:
    - Issac Newton
    - Alternate Doom
    - Franklin/Val
    - The hero's themselves (somehow they are responsible for the destruction)
    - There is no Great Destoryer. It is an idea. ("it all started with an idea." "Ideas are dying.") A story that grew in the telling.
    I do want to add Nick Fury, Dr. Strange himself, Galactus, and the Galactus Seed to this list. Long shots? Sure, but at this point it's fun to speculate.
    Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    The Marvel Multiverse turned out to be Isaac Newton's nightmares all come to fruition. He was forced to mate with a Deviant, only for his son to choose his enemy's side. The universe is not deterministic being ruled by quantum mechanics and having a multiverse. He was thus simply wrong about the nature of reality, which he cannot abide. And he has discovered that not only did the gods the Beyonders / Ivory Kings not create the Multiverse, they are capricious and chaotic.

Time to blow up the Multiverse and re-create it in an image Newton can stand.
    How is Battleworld better than any of that?

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But isn't that what you do before you destroy the world? You let the writers make a big wreck of it so that it's even harder to go back to what it was?
    I just hope I'm wrong, and Alonso/Brevoort aren't looking to bail the Comics division after this mega cash-grab.

However, if they're setting the table for Brevoort's first run as EIC, then this is as good a way to set it up as any.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    They're doing previews for this book?! I'm so excited for March. Look like Stephen's group got the Swans.
    i was surprised they had released a preview..and seeing dr strange was another surprise

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I kinda wish we got more from Doctor Strange's side from the time he disappeared to TRO
    i wish we got more from every illuminati member tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Moderately surprised that a preview got shown since throughout most of Time Runs Out, we haven't seen any previews. The fact we get one now just serves to highlight this is going to be a big issue.

Regardless, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far and the color/ink team for Walker's pencils looks better than it did in prior NA issues.
    the art does look better here
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I do want to add Nick Fury, Dr. Strange himself, Galactus, and the Galactus Seed to this list. Long shots? Sure, but at this point it's fun to speculate.

How is Battleworld better than any of that?
    I don't think Newton wanted Battleworld. I think he wanted to destroy it all except for his citadel in no space and then re-create what he wanted from scratch. It's the Beyonders who might have wanted Battleworld.

BANNED

Rabaum alah = Tony stark

That's my guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post
    I just hope I'm wrong, and Alonso/Brevoort aren't looking to bail the Comics division after this mega cash-grab.

However, if they're setting the table for Brevoort's first run as EIC, then this is as good a way to set it up as any.
    C'mon, Marvel loves going for the cash grabs! You know Marvel, they'll keep at that horse until it's so dead and decomposed it's practically dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Rabaum alah = Tony stark

That's my guess.
    So, we have Sir Isaac Newton, Reed Richards, Ult Reed, Franklin, Tony Stark, Galactus, the Galactus Seed, Val, some version of Doom, the heroes themselves in what I'm sure would be a very, very funny moment for everyone, an idea put forth by one of the fractions of world destroyers, Dr. Strange, Nick Fury...um, Sir Isaac Newton's weird Celestrial son...and maybe Jack Kirby. I'm just saying, could be Jack Kirby.
    Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    I don't think Newton wanted Battleworld. I think he wanted to destroy it all except for his citadel in no space and then re-create what he wanted from scratch. It's the Beyonders who might have wanted Battleworld.
    So then the Beyonders would just use whatever he would be using to create their own version of the perfect world? And then they would kill him?

Might I add, is this not the perfect world? Sir Isaac Newton is a super crazy villain who may want to destroy the world?