Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by peterporker View Post
    If the entire Beyonder race is at fight with Rabum Alal (meaning they are not able to defeat him yet) how could Rabum Alal be Doom plus a half of a Beyonder? It doesn't make sense.
    Because he's Doom. Obviously

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by teepee View Post
    Good point. Maybe they'll reveal Rabum Alal in #31 and then show how it happened in #32.

The thing against the theory is why would Doom want to destroy the multiverse. But then why would anyone?
    Doom may not actually want to destroy the multiverse, but if the power is too much for him, it may have that effect regardless. On top of that, he may think he's helping by destroying the universe, because he'll remake it, "better." Better here meaning the same as when Invader Zim made the fires "better."
    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Not at all, since they didn't say, "immediately upon his birth". After all, even if he lived to 100 before doing whatever started the multiverse collapsing, if he was always fated to do that thing his whole life, it would still be true that "his universe died as a result of his birth".

Kind of like Damien or another Anti-Christ.
    This is what I was thinking. Or, alternatively, it could meant the nature of his powers meant that it was going to happen eventually.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGunn View Post
    Where's Kang in all this?
    he and Immortus were in a earlier issue of Avengers and were unable locate/fix the problem

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Axel has only been in the job 2 weeks. He hasn't even started yet, and now Tom is taking over?
    what is this 2011 again? Axel became EIC in 1/2011

Given all the Babylonian references. Rabum Alal = Great Destroyer in Sumerian and Black Swan keeps speaking Sumerian in pithy one liners. Im running with Marduk or one of the original Sumerian Gods
    Last edited by Kimball61; 02-14-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimball61 View Post
    Given all the Babylonian references. Rabum Alal = Great Destroyer in Sumerian and Black Swan keeps speaking Sumerian in pithy one liners. Im running with Marduk or one of the original Sumerian Gods
    If the Living Tribunal was killed off, then I think the scale of all of this is just too high for any pantheon god. Really it may be beyond anything we've ever seen short of the pre-retconned Beyonder.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If the Living Tribunal was killed off, then I think the scale of all of this is just too high for any pantheon god. Really it may be beyond anything we've ever seen short of the pre-retconned Beyonder.
    So did Rabum Alal kill the Living Tribunal? Why would he kill him to begin with is my thing? Is he trying to even the playing field? But if he was that powerful, why would he have to kill him off so soon?

From the Secret Wars angle, I agree, how can it be anyone but the original pre-retconned Beyonder? If I had to bet my life on the answer, that's who I would have to choose.

But I still think story-wise it should be Isaac Newton and the Star Child ...

Extraordinary Member

Are we setting up a betting pool for this? Whoever wins gets to be King/Queen/God Emperor/God Empress of the Marvel section of CBR for the next year?

This is true. The way Hickman has been pumping the use of the language suggests to me a connection. Perhaps we may find one of the Gods of Sumeria has added to their power base. There is a connection with Marduk in Strange Tales 150 where priests of Marduk placed a Griffin guarding the book of Vishanti and more recently a depowered version of Marduk appeared in Citizen V in the second series.

Strange Tales0001.jpg
    Last edited by Kimball61; 02-14-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Cynically from the movie perspective Rabum Alal could be an Ultron, maybe the Age of Ultron Ultron. Perhaps the Black Swans hearken back to when Ultron had weird nuns hanging around his citadel. Ultron was so mortified by his role in the original Secret Wars that he swore revenge on Galactus, who has apparently disappeared, Dr. Doom, and the Molecule Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    So did Rabum Alal kill the Living Tribunal? Why would he kill him to begin with is my thing? Is he trying to even the playing field? But if he was that powerful, why would he have to kill him off so soon?
    We don't actually know who or what killed LT. The Great Destroyer is just a guess, but really it could have perhaps been the Beyonders or maybe even something else.

I would imagine that LT would be trying to stop whatever is actually going on though... it's sort of his job to protect the multiverse. So if there is actually some grand design to end everything, then they'd presumably have to go through him to actually achieve it. Though again, that's speculation.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Are we setting up a betting pool for this? Whoever wins gets to be King/Queen/God Emperor/God Empress of the Marvel section of CBR for the next year?
    Yeah I have dibs on Doom and any hybrids

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    There's nothing unique about 616 in having lots of superheroes, though...
    That's true. The Kree have a whole corp of super heroes too, around Gladiator. What's unique about the Earth super heroes is that the Earth is so backward when compared with the Galactic Empire, but they tend to be so much better than the Galactic communities armies, and Earth is just after the Roaring 20's in tech development. The strange thing about the Earth super heroes is they come out of left field. There were no secret experiments that made them into the Galactic Force. Unless it was all Furys fault, and he made them? With the Man on the Wall diaries, Fury could have read how his predecessor made the Golden Age heroes, so he got the technique and made modern versions. After all, Fury only got the job of the Man on the Wall in 1958, and he might have realized a few years later how out of his depth he was and set up the sequence of tracer elements that seeded the heroes. He could have set up Caps re-emergence by placing Namor at the Eskimo settlement. It becomes pretty scary if the whole time, Fury was spotting each super hero. Matt Murdoch would be an issue though, because he got changed some time before he graduated as a Lawyer and took over as Daredevil. Somebody would have had to set up the accident 5-10 years earlier.
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-15-2015 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by runguy View Post
    what is this 2011 again? Axel became EIC in 1/2011
    Yeah, I'm exaggerating the short time Axel has been in charge.