Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

It's not a he, it's a she. Rabum Alal is a she. Also Frost wardrobe was raided.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Cover shows women with Hydra octopus leeches on their heads. Is this related to Earth X where these leeches first appeared?
    No they're just women from all over the universe. The last 3 swans we saw resembled Emma Frost, a Dire Wraith and a Sh'iar.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 02-15-2015 at 06:35 AM.

That's true. The Kree have a whole corp of super heroes too, around Gladiator. What's unique about the Earth super heroes is that the Earth is so backward when compared with the Galactic Empire, but they tend to be so much better than the Galactic communities armies, and Earth is just after the Roaring 20's in tech development. The strange thing about the Earth super heroes is they come out of left field. There were no secret experiments that made them into the Galactic Force. Unless it was all Furys fault, and he made them? With the Man on the Wall diaries, Fury could have read how his predecessor made the Golden Age heroes, so he got the technique and made modern versions. After all, Fury only got the job of the Man on the Wall in 1958, and he might have realized a few years later how out of his depth he was and set up the sequence of tracer elements that seeded the heroes. He could have set up Caps re-emergence by placing Namor at the Eskimo settlement. It becomes pretty scary if the whole time, Fury was spotting each super hero. Matt Murdoch would be an issue though, because he got changed some time before he graduated as a Lawyer and took over as Daredevil. Somebody would have had to set up the accident 5-10 years earlier.
    First off, Gladiator rules the Shi'ar not the Kree and has the Imperial Guard, which goes back to Claremont/Byrne. But anyway, I thought you were talking about different universes. In the vast majority of alternate universes we've seen, Earth has a superfluity of superpowered types to defend it, so the universe designated as Earth-616 is far from unique in this respect, and I don't quite see how it could be the ultimate cause of the multiverse collapsing, although it could be the reason that the collapse centers around Earth rather than another location within the universe.

Now, if Earth having so many superhumans represents some kind of imbalance within a single universe, you'd think that would be redressed (if at all) by the galactic empires or at most Galactus or the Celestials taking care of it, not by somebody deciding the multiverse needs to be wiped out by having universes crash into each other... unless as I've suggested before, the destruction of the universes when Incursions complete is actually an illusion, with the universes merely being removed to a different (and disconnected/unobservable) sort of space-time, and agents like the Black Swans going around convincing Earths to blow each other up in order to avert what looks like destruction. That would be a great way to scam the multiverse into destroying all Earths by the end.

And you need to refresh your memory on the history of Earth's superhumans. The Celestial intervention that created the Eternals, Deviants, and mainstream humans with the potential for superpowers predates any of the Man on the Wall or even Brotherhood of SHIELD stuff. Apocalypse and Selene were superpowered mutants millennia before the current era, even if Odin's claims to have created the universe (i.e., hanging the stars) are untrue by virtue of what happens when he tries to contend with the likes of Galactus and the Celestials, the origins of the various godly pantheons and other magical creatures go back way into prehistory... there are so many ways to become superhuman in the MU we certainly don't need to concoct stories about Fury or somebody making it happen on purpose.

Black Swan said "he" referring to Rabum Alal

hizzy

I think it's the OG Beyonder at war with the Ivory Kings.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kimball61 View Post
    Black Swan said "he" referring to Rabum Alal
    Yes.
    --------------
    " My doing? Yes, I am a Black Swan--but no man or woman can summon an Incursion. We simply live with the loss and give The Great Destroyer his due. Rabum Alal...he is impatient and his appetite endless. " - Black Swan, New Avengers Vol.3#1
    " We gave him praise because of what we have done in his name. We have accomplished much...and look what he has given us: A greater offering. A new world. " - Black Swan, New Avengers Vol.3#15
    " Damu Rabum Alal! Damu Uggae! Napahu Quppu!Yabbot Dugnamtar! Wardum Ana Simtim Alaku! Do you understand, you stupid, stupid men? Rabam Alal is coming for everything. And when you understand what he is--when you understand who he is...you'll know that I was right, and you so completely wrong. Ana Simtum Alaku. Then you will die, thinking of me...who will be so very long gone. " - Black Swan, New Avengers Vol.3#15
    " My life means nothing compared to Rabum Alal. I can endure anything for him. " - Black Swan, New Avengers Vol.3#26
    Last edited by SickAlice; 02-15-2015 at 04:27 PM.
    I make love, you make me sick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    First off, Gladiator rules the Shi'ar not the Kree and has the Imperial Guard, which goes back to Claremont/Byrne. But anyway, I thought you were talking about different universes. In the vast majority of alternate universes we've seen, Earth has a superfluity of superpowered types to defend it, so the universe designated as Earth-616 is far from unique in this respect, and I don't quite see how it could be the ultimate cause of the multiverse collapsing, although it could be the reason that the collapse centers around Earth rather than another location within the universe.

Now, if Earth having so many superhumans represents some kind of imbalance within a single universe, you'd think that would be redressed (if at all) by the galactic empires or at most Galactus or the Celestials taking care of it, not by somebody deciding the multiverse needs to be wiped out by having universes crash into each other... unless as I've suggested before, the destruction of the universes when Incursions complete is actually an illusion, with the universes merely being removed to a different (and disconnected/unobservable) sort of space-time, and agents like the Black Swans going around convincing Earths to blow each other up in order to avert what looks like destruction. That would be a great way to scam the multiverse into destroying all Earths by the end.

And you need to refresh your memory on the history of Earth's superhumans. The Celestial intervention that created the Eternals, Deviants, and mainstream humans with the potential for superpowers predates any of the Man on the Wall or even Brotherhood of SHIELD stuff. Apocalypse and Selene were superpowered mutants millennia before the current era, even if Odin's claims to have created the universe (i.e., hanging the stars) are untrue by virtue of what happens when he tries to contend with the likes of Galactus and the Celestials, the origins of the various godly pantheons and other magical creatures go back way into prehistory... there are so many ways to become superhuman in the MU we certainly don't need to concoct stories about Fury or somebody making it happen on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post
    I would certainly welcome ANY explanation at this point. Why hasn't any of this been happening before now? There has to be a reason why no one had ever heard of the word incursions before in the Marvel U for however many decades and somehow everything was fine; but now all of a sudden, every 15 minutes it's the end of the world and it must be dealt with.

Also, good luck making ANY story feel important after you've essentially run the "END OF THE UNIVERSE" doomsday scenario on a daily loop for about a year. ;-) We've seen Wolverine die, every possible Spider-Man fantasy team-up imaginable through Spider-Verse, we're seeing Hulk rip through all the other Hulks (rush-ending any debate there might have had about which was strongest), seen Dr Strange sell what's left of his soul to attain Godlike power, unlike anything we will ever see in a Dr Strange story again...

...this is what you call the "CLIMAX" of 75 years (or however long it's been) of storytelling.

There is absolutely no way to make a story feel important after that, for at least a few years... but that's the NEXT EIC's problem, right?

(That's right, I'm predicting Alonso is stepping down after he and Brevoort have reset -- and cashed in on -- everything.)
    You could make Kamala Khan's parents discover that she's Miss Marvel?

Or make a baddie kidnap Luke Cage's kid.

If the story is well written, a personal threat to the protagonist can easily make you feel emotionally involved, even if there isn't a city/country/planet/galaxy/universe/multiverse at risk.

" My doing? Yes, I am a Black Swan--but no man or woman can summon an Incursion. We simply live with the loss and give The Great Destroyer his due. Rabum Alal...he is impatient and his appetite endless. " - Black Swan, New Avengers Vol.3#1

This quote seems to indicate perhaps he is a Galactus like being perhaps tying in to FF600 as it has been suggested?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kimball61 View Post

This quote seems to indicate perhaps he is a Galactus like being perhaps tying in to FF600 as it has been suggested?
    Galactus was corrupted in Cataclysm. It could be a Galactus that was corrupted by another being, which may have been why Galactus disappeared a few issues back.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

@Rosebunse: After his tour in the Ultimate Universe and being dumped in the Negative Zone Galactus was found by the Eternals and is currently being weaponized by them using the God's Whisper to take vengeance on The Kree on The Eternals behalf (All New Invaders).
    I make love, you make me sick.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    @Rosebunse: After his tour in the Ultimate Universe and being dumped in the Negative Zone Galactus was found by the Eternals and is currently being weaponized by them using the God's Whisper to take vengeance on The Kree on The Eternals behalf (All New Invaders).
    But weren't those in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post

The reason I bring it up that the Silver Age heroes suddenly appear, is because it starts as ordinary humans during the Monster Age, ( and yes, the Celestials seeded the Eternals and other mutants and powerful beings did exist way in the past). Why the sudden appearance of the Earth-616 heroes when they did? I consider that Earth-616 is the seed of all the other alternate universe Earths anyway, so having Incursions center on that makes sense. But in Battleworld we are also getting other sections of the Universe like Kree and Shi'Ar countries too, so it looks like Incursions were going on between other than Earths also.

BANNED

The reason I bring it up that the Silver Age heroes suddenly appear, is because it starts as ordinary humans during the Monster Age, ( and yes, the Celestials seeded the Eternals and other mutants and powerful beings did exist way in the past). Why the sudden appearance of the Earth-616 heroes when they did?
    A confluence of factors -- advancement of technology, a large population, cultural awareness (and relative acceptance) of superheroes, homogenization of the world, probably other stuff.

Marvel's history shows that there have always been superheroes of sorts (e.g. Hickman's "S.H.I.E.L.D." series). Without TV cameras, though, most people would never know about them, nor would most people who ended up with powers be as inclined to reveal them. See the treatment mutants get.

It's no more mysterious that a lot of superheroes emerged in the recent past than it is that so many mutants began emerging when they did. Just as human biology evolved to a certain point, so, too, did technology, culture, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover
    I consider that Earth-616 is the seed of all the other alternate universe Earths anyway, so having Incursions center on that makes sense. But in Battleworld we are also getting other sections of the Universe like Kree and Shi'Ar countries too, so it looks like Incursions were going on between other than Earths also.
    I've not seen evidence for any of this.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But weren't those in the past?
    I'm not sure I understand what you are thinking is in the past. Cataclysm is in the past. AFAWK, the Eternals are still holding Galactus and weaponizing him with the God Whisperer. Yes, they started in the recent past (All New Invaders 5), but they haven't done anything else with him against the Kree yet.

The conjecture in the Invaders thread is perhaps Robinson will finish up that plotline in Secret Wars -- either in New Mars or perhaps Hala Field.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    That's before the eight month time jump, so since then he must have broken free, been approached by the Illuminati, and disappeared.