Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default 100 Raptors vs 100 Apes

100 raptors from Jurassic Park vs 100 chimps from Dawn of the Apes who wins? Battle takes place in the site B Island btw.

Scenario1.The chimps have guns
    Scenario2.The chimps are unarmed

Eh, seems like a stomp in both scenarios.

1 for the apes, for having guns and equal numbers.

2 for the Raptors because of the vast size difference and equal numbers.

Spectacular Member

I agree in scenario 1 is a stomp. However the chimps do have a chance in scenario 2. In a pure fight they lose, of course. But they are smarter and they have a leader, they can fight in a organized way. They can run, find weapons (like spears), make traps, attack from high places, etc.

Mighty Member

The raptors, though not as smart as the chimps, have done things like coordinate attacks and set up ambushes.

Quote Originally Posted by SmileMan35 View Post
    100 raptors from Jurassic Park vs 100 chimps from Dawn of the Apes who wins? Battle takes place in the site B Island btw.

Scenario1.The chimps have guns
    Scenario2.The chimps are unarmed
    both. with guns the apes stomp. and even without them they uses spears from the trees. raptors die

In a jungle setting, the apes win with guns or without. Raptors can't climb, and the apes pick off the dinos. Evolution.

Apes. They are stronger, smarter and more agile.

Apes.....smarter. Live in the trees. Both scenario 1 and 2. But, a much closer match in scenario 2.

Unless Chris Pratt trained the Raptors.

I could have very limited knowledge of apes, but the apes in the movies seemed way stronger than real world apes. Or are apes just that beastly in real-life? Either way, I don't see the Raptors that couldn't even get through a door winning...

Quote Originally Posted by Kid-who-cried-wolf View Post
    I could have very limited knowledge of apes, but the apes in the movies seemed way stronger than real world apes. Or are apes just that beastly in real-life? Either way, I don't see the Raptors that couldn't even get through a door winning...
    Chimps are around twice as strong as humans.

Apes are real life Ricky-Ohs
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    Chimps are around twice as strong as humans.
    Actually low estimates for chimps are 3 times a human strength.

A level strength test was done at a zoo once. A large chimp was able get a 847 pounds with one hand. They also had a college football team come in and do the test. Only one guy managed to get over 200 with one hand.

so yeah man.....chimps are pretty freaking strong. A big chimp scoring 4.25 times what a big guy did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    Actually low estimates for chimps are 3 times a human strength.

A level strength test was done at a zoo once. A large chimp was able get a 847 pounds with one hand. They also had a college football team come in and do the test. Only one guy managed to get over 200 with one hand.

so yeah man.....chimps are pretty freaking strong. A big chimp scoring 4.25 times what a big guy did.
    Neanderthals were estimated to have a similar strength advantage against us, pound for pound. That, combined with how massive they were and...

Oh wait, guess who went extinct and who became the dominant species? Hint: It wasn't the superhumanly strong hominid species.

Human intelligence and endurance count for way, way more than we think it does.

Diminishing returns for strength as well. After a certain point you only need to be strong enough.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Leopards have been known to prey on full grown and healthy chimps, strong and smart or not they're still very vulnerable to sharp teeth and claws, both of which the movie raptors had in spades(in addition to their own pack intelligence), and those 6 inch foot claws are just as lethal to a chimp as they were to humans. They were also described as being similar to Cheetahs in speed and with 20 foot vertical leaps, so physically I don't see the Chimps winning scenario 2, and if we go by the books scenario 1 isn't clear cut either because those Raptors were hard as crap to kill to the point where Muldoon didn't even bother with a gun but used a friggin rocket launcher instead. I also want to say a Chimp like a human will go into shock with enough damage, but I can't find anything on that with a quick search so I'll put it as a maybe, finally given the scenario remember the Raptors lived in the high grass center of Site B, no trees.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-08-2016 at 09:48 AM.