Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Ms. Marvel, #12

• Love is in Jersey City as Valentine's Day arrives!
    • Kamala Khan may not be allowed to go to the dance, but Ms. Marvel is!
    • Well sort of - by crashing it attempting to capture Asgard's most annoying trickster!
    • Yup, it's a special Valentine's Day issue featuring Marvel's favorite charlatan, Loki!

Full article here.

Loki just made this even more worth getting, that's for sure.

A lot to be excited for here. New arc, new art, Loki, etc. Just a shame I won't be able to get it for a while.

BANNED

So Kamala has been a hero for only a few weeks at most and she has already been visited by Spiderman, Wolverine, the Inhuman Queen.... lol

The Friend Zone sucks, but that's kind of where everyone has to be when they're friends with a superhero. It's probably safer, but not safe enough. I hate Valentine's Day so I'm hoping this makes it a little more tolerable. Loki can only make this issue better. Ms. Marvel has found ways to be awesome with so many diverse characters. Why not Loki?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

"That proposal was Useless! You have to declare your passion! Write her a love letter for the ages!" -Loki says, I guess it's a safer bet then showing up at her doorstep with a ton of gold and gems and saying "I am Loki, and I have come to claim you as my own! These gifts are but the smallest token of my Love! Come with me and thou shall ne'er want again!" only to have her reject you, call you a wicked thing and slam the door in your face.

Hey Bruno, if the letter doesn't work, you can always, you know take Loki's other advice and kill her boyfriend....*laughs*

Amazing Member

Hahahaha! I am so getting this just because adding Loki made it more fun

I am so on this issue. What a great set up and a great moving of plot and using Loki. Brilliant! Why I love Ms. Marvel.
    Mooper Films

Hipster Viking is an awesome name for a garage band. Or a semipopular EDM artist.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    The Friend Zone sucks, but that's kind of where everyone has to be when they're friends with a superhero. It's probably safer, but not safe enough. I hate Valentine's Day so I'm hoping this makes it a little more tolerable. Loki can only make this issue better. Ms. Marvel has found ways to be awesome with so many diverse characters. Why not Loki?
    be friend or lover of a superhero doesn't change the danger.

Bruno glass is half full, friendship with kamala is pretty great. the problem is that she doesn't has idea he likes her more than only a friend. Good luck bruno

this issue promises to be very fun, loki, valentine day, unrequited love.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    be friend or lover of a superhero doesn't change the danger.

Bruno glass is half full, friendship with kamala is pretty great. the problem is that she doesn't has idea he likes her more than only a friend. Good luck bruno

this issue promises to be very fun, loki, valentine day, unrequited love.
    I can already see what's going to happen, Kamala gets the letter, it's not signed, she thinks it's from Loki and thinks he's asking her to the dance, which is where the whole comedic aspects ensue. Loki probably is looking for something and tries to get Bruno to do the work while trying to get Kamala to go out with Bruno and dealing with Ms. Marvel who thinks he's up to no good.

Really liking the new artist, and I like how it feels like Alphona's general aesthetic is still being kept despite the change .

Having Loki in this, and just from those previews, makes it likely this'll be a really fun issue .

Poor Bruno though .

Why isn't Kamala allowed to go to the dance?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Why isn't Kamala allowed to go to the dance?
    Strict parents. Music and dancing are also forbidden in Islam, although obviously not every Muslim adheres to this - not sure if her parents would. Her brother would no doubt consider it improper at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by junir View Post
    So Kamala has been a hero for only a few weeks at most and she has already been visited by Spiderman, Wolverine, the Inhuman Queen.... lol
    The first 11 issues are VERY behind on the rest of the MU.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_the_arts

Apparently women are allowed to dance only at celebrations and female environments.

Also there is no clear position on music. Some schools ban music while others don't.