Page 189 of 210 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3136
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

She is debuting in the crossover so casting her this soon shouldn't be out of the question.

I'm guessing someone on here can help me, it's driving me crazy. Does anyone remember the issue with Batwoman in it, I can't remember if it was in Williams Batwoman run or his Detective Comics run. But there is a page with a guy looking out a window during a thunderstorm. He looks at the window and all he sees is darkness. A lightning strike lights up the outside of the window and he sees Batwoman looking back at him. It's the coolest and freakiest thing ever. I own the issue but don't want to start looking through a ton of issues. I was hoping someone here could tell me the issue that was in. If not, not biggie. Just wanted to show a friend of mine. Thanks!
    Last edited by daningotham; 08-07-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    I'm guessing someone on here can help me, it's driving me crazy. Does anyone remember the issue with Batwoman in it, I can't remember if it was in Williams Batwoman run or the Detective Comics run. But there is a page with a guy looking out a window during a thunderstorm. He looks at the window and all he sees is darkness. A lightning strike lights up the outside of the window and he sees Batwoman looking back at him. It's the coolest and freakiest thing ever. I own the issue but don't want to start looking through a ton of issues. I was hoping someone here could tell me the issue that was in. If not, not biggie. Just wanted to show a friend of mine. Thanks!
    'Tec #860.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She is debuting in the crossover so casting her this soon shouldn't be out of the question.
    It's unusually fast. Compare it to Barry Allen, a character who also debuted in a crossover along with a show announcement. Grant Gustin was cast 45 days after The Flash was announced, and about halfway into September.

The casting for Kate took 21 days.
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-07-2018 at 04:57 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    'Tec #860.
    Thank you Caivu! It was driving me crazy. I love this image, I should blow it up and make it into a poster.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Did you guys see that guy complaining on Twitter that every reboot has to be LGBT because what about the straight white male characters... but he phrased it like he wants Batwoman to be played by straight white male character... and now he's complaining that people are stupid and didn't get what he's trying to say? XD

Mighty Member

I love how creators are always fair and take the high road. Too bad fans NEVER have the same mentality. Screenshot_2018-08-07-23-54-21.jpg
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

JHWIII and Tynion have also expressed support for this choice.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

By Jim McClain:

20180808_025745.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I love how creators are always fair and take the high road. Too bad fans NEVER have the same mentality.
    What's fair? Wanting the best for a character that you love?

JHWIII and Tynion have also expressed support for this choice.
    Well, it's not like they were gonna come out and say "Meh".

Bottom line, Rose is not a great actress. Sure, that sort of thing can be subjective and it's all opinion, but it's a prevalent one across social media at the moment. Even some of the posts in favour of her casting have addressed her limitations - the go to argument being that it's "only a CW show" so acting ability isn't a huge requirement anyway

Personally, I disagree with that. OK, I'm not seeing any acting Emmys anywhere in the Arrowverse's future and to be honest, I'm not actually watching any of their DC shows now anyway. But for however long I did stick with Arrow, LoT and Supergirl, I never came across a performance so bad that I would outright say that any particular individual couldn't act. However, Rose's performance on OitNB was one that did give me that impression. You notice bad acting because... because it feels like someone is acting. So you don't see the character, you see the performer.

And granted her body of work is currently very small, but I've yet to ever see Ruby Rose as anyone except Ruby Rose. Let's be honest, when your best performance to date has been in a role without any dialogue, that's probably a sign.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

I've only seen her in John Wick 2 and I thought she was awesome in that. I can't wait to see her play Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Well, it's not like they were gonna come out and say "Meh".
    Why not? Rucka, at the very least, is not one to mince words on Twitter. What do they have to gain by lying? None of them are involved with the show or expect to be. If it's a matter of professionalism, simply saying "Not who I would pick" or something similar would be fine.

You notice bad acting because... because it feels like someone is acting. So you don't see the character, you see the performer.
    Okay... never had that watching any of RR's scenes.

And granted her body of work is currently very small, but I've yet to ever see Ruby Rose as anyone except Ruby Rose. Let's be honest, when your best performance to date has been in a role without any dialogue, that's probably a sign.
    Everyone dings her for the role of Ares, as if acting with only your expressions, gestures, and body language is somehow easy or something. It's, uh... not. That was actually the role that convinced me she could make a good Kate.

Everyone dings her for the role of Ares, as if acting with only your expressions, gestures, and body language is somehow easy or something. It's, uh... not.
    You're right, it's not easy. And done well, it can lead to a phenomenal performance. Just look at Sally Hawkins in The Shape of Water for evidence of that.

But Rose's portrayal of Ares wasn't that. It was... alright. But this wasn't a performance that gained something more by the absence of dialogue. Instead, it was merely a slight improvement on her other roles, purely because she did not have any lines.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    But Rose's portrayal of Ares wasn't that. It was... alright. But this wasn't a performance that gained something more by the absence of dialogue. Instead, it was merely a slight improvement on her other roles, purely because she did not have any lines.
    I honestly don't get how you can say this. I feel like I'm watching a completely seperate filmography from everyone else.

By Robert Hack:

IMG_20180808_165931.jpg

The finished J. Giner piece from a while ago:

IMG_20180808_194944.jpg