Page 74 of 210 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3136
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    If you want to talk generic, that idea sounds generic to me. You're reducing her to just "uses lots of knives". There aren't any character traits there.
    I mean. You would also have character motivations. I'm talking about what I would change. And that would be: make Knife actually interesting because of her knives. Otherwise...she's just a much less interesting assassin than the other two I mentioned. Or Cheshire or Lady Shiva.

But we're talking about characters who swing around one city on ropes dressed as animals. I don't see how my idea is more generic than that.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

A new one by Amy Reeder:

IMG_20170713_172557.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

She's a great talent.
    Would love to see her do more with Batwoman.
    Maybe an annual one day...

I just have to say I like how Caivu and Miller go at it. Your reflections and insights are easy to understand but significant expositions on the matter. Thanks!

Previously, Millernumber1 said:

've already told you what I wanted this series to be about: Alice, Bette, Jacob, and their relationships with Kate. Instead I got a bunch of characters who I think are pretty self evidently not as interesting as these three characters, plus Julia, who is admittedly the highlight of the book and likely as strong as the others - but notice that she's the only one of these characters who is a previously existing one. So, that's part of why I find this first arc just incredibly disappointing - it's so unnecessary, when I think there are tons of stories to be told that are necessary (other unnecessary stories: Webs. The Unknowns. That Killer Croc one-shot.)

and *so this*. I'm enjoying her new series enough, but I really, terribly miss Bette, Jacob, Alice and their and others various interactions with Kate. Kate being conflicted with Jacob's wife, things like that. All that personal relationship stuff is really what I look for in comics. I'm an older person now and the action and intrigue and mystery is all STILL so very important to me. But human relationships and feelings are more important, as they inform these actions and mysteries, when done well. And Batwoman does it well more often than not.

I want to know why Bette entered Westpointe - more on Jacob or more herself or what? I want to know how deep down whatever rabbit hole Jacob has gone. I think there must be so much more to the idea that he knew (but when and how?) that Beth was alive.

I would also like to see a revival of all the Alice crime story stuff. All that creepy Religion of Crime stuff supplied a distinct tone to Batwoman and I'm sure there is more story there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    and *so this*. I'm enjoying her new series enough, but I really, terribly miss Bette, Jacob, Alice and their and others various interactions with Kate. Kate being conflicted with Jacob's wife, things like that. All that personal relationship stuff is really what I look for in comics. I'm an older person now and the action and intrigue and mystery is all STILL so very important to me. But human relationships and feelings are more important, as they inform these actions and mysteries, when done well. And Batwoman does it well more often than not.

I want to know why Bette entered Westpointe - more on Jacob or more herself or what? I want to know how deep down whatever rabbit hole Jacob has gone. I think there must be so much more to the idea that he knew (but when and how?) that Beth was alive.

I would also like to see a revival of all the Alice crime story stuff. All that creepy Religion of Crime stuff supplied a distinct tone to Batwoman and I'm sure there is more story there.
    Thanks! I do think that part of my excitement for the Colony Prime storyline is that it's a window into Jacob's world.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Sideshow Collectibles has just announced a new premium format Batwoman figure:

Screenshot_20170716-084846.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Sideshow Collectibles has just announced a new premium format Batwoman figure:

Screenshot_20170716-084846.jpg
    Is there a full picture of it?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Is there a full picture of it?
    Not as of yet.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Not as of yet.
    Ok, thanks. Hopefully it will look neat.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I couldn't help but notice how much Damian sounds like Kate in Super Sons #6:

Screenshot_20170716-115542.jpg

I couldn't help but notice how much Damian sounds like Kate in Super Sons #6:

Screenshot_20170716-115542.jpg
    Oooh, good catch. That's really Kate!

A lot of Kate this October. Aside from Batwoman #8 and 'Tec #966 and #967, there's RHatO #15 (with the rest of the 'Tec team!) and possibly Nightwing: The New Order #3. Maybe even Batman #33.

BANNED

'Tec #966 and #967,
    I'm not sure about that. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the 'Tec team (Besides Tim of course) during A Lonely Place of Living.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'm not sure about that. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the 'Tec team (Besides Tim of course) during A Lonely Place of Living.
    Well, they are on the cover of the first issue of Lonely Place. So I have hope!