Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
I'm really curious - what is your sense of how popular Kate's plot in Rebirth has been? I know you (Caivu) and I really like it, and I believe ProgmanX also likes it (haven't checked their reviews recently), but it seems like there's a lot of dissension among hardcore Kate fans about whether the Colony is a good addition to her mythology or not (and I don't count myself as a hardcore fan, though I do like her a lot.)
A lot of the dislike of the Colony, based on what I've seen, seems largely due to the perception that they're evil or even fascistic, somehow. The second one especially would be highly questionable description of a group for two Jewish characters to be leading, but even the first isn't correct, either: I've seen more than one person refer to the Colony as "paramilitary", which they aren't. They're a division of the Army, if a highly classified one.

I haven't been able to nail down any exact complaints beyond that, just a nebulous claim that Kate is "different" now, because of... reasons. I don't get that claim, since I keep track of that sort of thing and there have been relatively few and/or minor changes as long as she's been around.

In general, I've seen a slow warming up to things since "Fear and Loathing" started, though the major theme that's been revealed in more recent issues (the cyclical nature of violence, basically), doesn't seem to have largely clicked with people yet, I think.