Page 9 of 210 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

On another note, I still need to catch-up on Batwoman, but from what I've seen from the previews, some of her stuff is starting to borderline on horror erotica, so I'm not sure if I still want to. Though I might just end up doing so to satiate my curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Enjoyed her Wonder Woman team up. Yeah, I agree that a proper team up with Batman (where she isn't trying to expose him) would be a nice story. I also think Batgirl and Huntress are inevitable, so you might as well do them up right.

As far as villains, I personally would like to see her move away from the supernatural foes a bit and build her own rogue's gallery of criminals, terrorists, super spies, etc. Prometheus, maybe?
    I want to see her team up with Helena Bertinelli or Stephanie Brown.

I know Hel is far off doing stuff with Spyral now, but it's always been a dream of mine to see them team-up.

Same thing with Steph. I would just love for those two to work together.

Also agreeing about Kate getting her own rogues gallery. It's just one of those things that needs to happen, and I'd love to see villains specifically developed for her.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

Ultimate Member

From what I've seen of Andreyko's work, he's a good writer overall. However, every now and then he does these story/plot-lines that leave you scratching your head and wondering how he could possibly think that it was a good idea (this is one such idea). He was also the guy who wrote the Nightwing Annual where Dick slept with Barbara the day before he was supposed to marry Starfire, and then gave her an invitation to said wedding the next morning. That was another "WTH were you thinking" moment. Lesbian vampire, really? That's the best that you could come up with, seriously?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    On another note, I still need to catch-up on Batwoman, but from what I've seen from the previews, some of her stuff is starting to borderline on horror erotica, so I'm not sure if I still want to. Though I might just end up doing so to satiate my curiosity.

I want to see her team up with Helena Bertinelli or Stephanie Brown.

I know Hel is far off doing stuff with Spyral now, but it's always been a dream of mine to see them team-up.

Same thing with Steph. I would just love for those two to work together.

Also agreeing about Kate getting her own rogues gallery. It's just one of those things that needs to happen, and I'd love to see villains specifically developed for her.

10/10 would pay hundreds for Steph/Kate team-up. Also, developing my own Rogue Gallery for Batwoman.. but I bet people will hate it, lol

Does anybody know if Batwoman is scheduled to appear in Lego Batman 3? I haven't heard anything, but surely if Bat-Cow is in there, they wouldn't forget Kate... right?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by michael-schofield View Post
    Does anybody know if Batwoman is scheduled to appear in Lego Batman 3? I haven't heard anything, but surely if Bat-Cow is in there, they wouldn't forget Kate... right?
    I hope not as well.

In my limited spare time I've been fooling around with this illustration. I am a big fan of Batwoman, and then the new look and direction for Barbara Gordon suggested this to me. Tried to contrast their personalities and play up the light/dark thing that the original Bataman and Robin had. I think this would be a fun team up.

Of course, mostly all I see are the flaws. Oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by heiro5 View Post
    In my limited spare time I've been fooling around with this illustration. I am a big fan of Batwoman, and then the new look and direction for Barbara Gordon suggested this to me. Tried to contrast their personalities and play up the light/dark thing that the original Bataman and Robin had. I think this would be a fun team up.

Of course, mostly all I see are the flaws. Oh, well.

I think it's a really creative theme for a (well drawn) sketch, and I agree that a team up between the two would be very interesting.

Not to be overly negative, but does anyone else think that her title isn't going to survive past Convergence? The past few issues have danced pretty close to cancellation level, unfortunately. I could easily see it wrapping with #39 right before the event starts. A new "Batwoman and the Unknowns #1" in the Spring could be a possibility, though. It seems current DC is more in favor of relaunching/re-branding a struggling title than canceling it outright.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

IDK, but given how far this book has fallen quality-wise since the creative team shift (both in the writing and art), I'm not so sure that a relaunch with a new creative team might not be for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    batwoman29_cov_size3.jpg
    I recently took a peek at the current run of Batwoman, having drifted away from keeping up with it with the departure of Rucka/JHWII etc.
    While I think Nocturna is absolutely a character that fits Batwoman's Gothic Quasi Supernatural Rogues Gallery, and the whole "horror erotica" thing is part and parcel of her character, the execution has left a bit to be desired.

batwoman-sired.jpg

A lot of the moments feel like I'm still reading Andryenko's Kate "Manhunter" Spencer and not Kate Kane. Especially with the moment Kane's identity was compromised. I'm certain the measures that had been taken to make that NOT happen with the mask were outlined early on. Kate Kane is more competent than that.
    batwoman1.jpg

Beyond the covers, I feel like the visuals are a bit lackluster overall. Batwoman could use a creative detour for a bit in a wildly different direction. I'd love to see what Mike Deodato would do with her shadowy world or if Jae Lee would make a return to interiors.

Would be neat if she showed up in Montoya Question title during Convergence.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 11-25-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    batwoman29_cov_size3.jpg
    I recently took a peek at the current run of Batwoman, having drifted away from keeping up with it with the departure of Rucka/JHWII etc.
    While I think Nocturna is absolutely a character that fits Batwoman's Gothic Quasi Supernatural Rogues Gallery, and the whole "horror erotica" thing is part and parcel of her character, the execution has left a bit to be desired.

batwoman-sired.jpg

A lot of the moments feel like I'm still reading Andryenko's Kate "Manhunter" Spencer and not Kate Kane. Especially with the moment Kane's identity was compromised. I'm certain the measures that had been taken to make that NOT happen with the mask were outlined early on. Kate Kane is more competent than that.
    batwoman1.jpg

Beyond the covers, I feel like the visuals are a bit lackluster overall. Batwoman could use a creative detour for a bit in a wildly different direction. I'd love to see what Mike Deodato would do with her shadowy world or if Jae Lee would make a return to interiors.

Would be neat if she showed up in Montoya Question title during Convergence.
    I agree with everything you've said. I think Andreyko portrayed her as pretty competent in the last two issues, at least compared to what he's written her to do early in his run. I like the idea of Batwoman and the Unknowns, but the art is subpar and the writing feels a little unfocused at times. I feel like the Bat office isn't paying attention to this book because it's getting cancelled soon and that would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    I feel like the Bat office isn't paying attention to this book because it's getting cancelled soon and that would suck.
    Can't agree with this more

It's been extra dissapointing that Mark Andreyko just hasn't really taken to this book as well as I expected him too- it's like when you have two friends that you think would be perfect together, try to set them up, and they just have zero chemistry. It SHOULD have worked, but for some reason, it just hasn't clicked.

How was the book selling back before M.A took over?

Quote Originally Posted by michael-schofield View Post
    Can't agree with this more

It's been extra dissapointing that Mark Andreyko just hasn't really taken to this book as well as I expected him too- it's like when you have two friends that you think would be perfect together, try to set them up, and they just have zero chemistry. It SHOULD have worked, but for some reason, it just hasn't clicked.

How was the book selling back before M.A took over?
    The book has dropped quite a bit since Marc took over...however, it was dropping noticeably even before he came on.

Check out the real numbers here.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

Ultimate Member

It's just so disappointing. The best idea that they could come up with is "let's break up one of the few positive/stable LGBT relationships in the Big Two in an incredibly stupid and contrived way. And then lets immediately put her into a disturbing pseudo-rapey relationship with a villain." Really, that's the best that you've got Marc? Also, the art has taken an obvious, and large, dip in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It's just so disappointing. The best idea that they could come up with is "let's break up one of the few positive/stable LGBT relationships in the Big Two in an incredibly stupid and contrived way. And then lets immediately put her into a disturbing pseudo-rapey relationship with a villain." Really, that's the best that you've got Marc? Also, the art has taken an obvious, and large, dip in quality.
    Not to mention throwing her into space!

I've never seen a good book implode so fast. I really think a cancel/relaunch would be an act of mercy at this point. Batwing was selling 9k a month before it got canned, so maybe Batwoman will be given enough of a grace period to turn around. 2014 was a lot more stable in sales than the previous years, even if it was still declining.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman