Page 104 of 210 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3136
    BANNED

Gotta say, she`s going up in my interesting Bat related characters to read about. Been catching up her first run and I like the whole aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Gotta say, she`s going up in my interesting Bat related characters to read about. Been catching up her first run and I like the whole aesthetic.
    Always great to hear things like this!
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Really liked Kate's confrontation with Bat-Tim in today's Tec. Her expression and dialogue was so very much her attitude.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Really liked Kate's confrontation with Bat-Tim in today's Tec. Her expression and dialogue was so very much her attitude.
    Yes! And what Bat!Tim actually said to her was at least the third example in Rebirth of her antagonists really not understanding her well and failing at pulling off Breaking Speeches on her. They've all sounded damning, but hold no weight because they're inaccurate.

It's a good example of how well Tynion and Bennett understand her character, that they're able to give other characters perspectives on her that make sense from their POV, but are also not actually right.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

More or less, Kate, Batwoman, brought me back to the DC Universe as somewhat regular reader. I'd been away for nearly 30 years after they changed or gutted so many characters with COIEs, but first Elegy, then the new 52 got me to reading DC again. For the first nearly 2 years I read and collected Batwoman, Nightwing, Batwing, Batgirl and occasional others. I eventually dropped to just Batwoman and that was canceled. But I kept reading some DC, just not as regularly.

I was overjoyed when Batwoman began appearing in Detective.

There is nothing else like her, anywhere in DC or Marvel. I suppose there are characters like her elsewhere in Independent comics. In some ways, Marvel's Spiderwoman, Jessica Drew, gives off a similar vibe, though everything else is different pretty much not like Kate. It is hard for me to think of any other such well realized character, like her. Sure we have Wonder Woman but Kate is just so unique to me.

At any rate... I came for Batwoman, but stayed for Bette. So I want Kate's comic to be its own unique take on the Batman and Robin aesthetic. I think that was an important part of the first run of Batwoman and some of the Detective stories before that. Since everything about Kate, at that time was somewhat distorted or reverse/mirror take on Batman, the addition of Bette, as a very willing, but to Kate, very flawed would be crime fighter is also somewhat an inversion of the original (to me at least) take on Batman's relationship and partnership with the first Robin, Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    There is nothing else like her, anywhere in DC or Marvel. I suppose there are characters like her elsewhere in Independent comics. In some ways, Marvel's Spiderwoman, Jessica Drew, gives off a similar vibe, though everything else is different pretty much not like Kate. It is hard for me to think of any other such well realized character, like her. Sure we have Wonder Woman but Kate is just so unique to me.
    Well said. I can't think of any character quite like her either; certainly not in mainstream comics. There's a consistency to her personality and her history, that, while not completely perfect, is unlike anything else I've seen. It helps that she's never truly been rebooted, but most people who write her, even briefly, get even small details about her correct. It's so cool.

It's also why I get massively irritated when I see people reduce her to being just "the gay one" or "the female Batman". She's far too rich a character for that, and it's just ignorant to say otherwise. And frustrating since it can so easily be proven wrong.

Yes!, Incredible YES. "far too rich a character".

What I find is that I don't even think about her as being gay or the female Batman. I just see a great character and you're right, almost every writer 'gets her'.

(I know, she's really a Goddess"

More Laming WIP:

IMG_20171109_190638.jpg

Goodreads is doing a giveaway of Volume 1!

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/s...?sf159925058=1

US residents only, ends November 21st.

More Scott Godlewski WIP:

IMG_20171111_003334.jpg

By Karl Slominski:

Screenshot_20171110-122235.jpg

By Koimalin Towers:

Screenshot_20171109-153509.jpg

More Mark Laming WIP:

IMG_20171112_164502.jpg

Been catching up on Batwoman and Tec. Do we have a clear timeline of how these two intertwine?

I also liked the acknowledgement of the Batman 666 stuff when going over the future history in Tec. Good stuff.