Page 115 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3136
    All-New Member

Just finished off Victim Syndicate and abput to read volume 3. I really am impressed with how good Detective comics is. It really fills the promise of not only what we all would want a lesbian superherp to be but for Batwoman to be. As many faults as Batman has he does stick to seeimg her as an equal. And Batwoman has many of the same monolithic traits as Batman.

She can be very cold. Even Pre Burnside Batgirl had a much more youthful and relatable vibe to it. It make Batwoman really stand on her own and not come off as a sidekick.

Also I think I'm in love with how Tyniom writes. He still gets under both Bats even though they try to stay as Islands.

It's some of the best comic writing I've seen in ages. I own the first 4 Batwoman Solo trades, the expanded new Batwoman tpb of Elegy, and have every rebirth trade with her including Monster Men. Worth every penny.

The only thin I don't own is the post debacle V1 solo issues.

Oh and I have yet to get the Bombshells trades as I am hoping for an omnibus version. Honestly they should do a spinoff after Unites gets underway. Perhaps a Gotham Central '40s with Batgirls as a backup. I find with Bombshells that it's such a perfectly realized team book that it's hard to imagine a additional title. But The Adventures Of Black Bat would be great. DC is making some great choices with elseworlds lately. I think they need to keep takong small risks and it will work.

I guess that was my introduction! Hallo! GutenTag.

Welcome!

I totally agree with you about how Tynion writes her; he understands her very well. Bennett does, too. in fact, that's the case with most people who have written her, even a small bit, and that consistency is pretty powerful.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Fantastic Alice View Post
    Oh and I have yet to get the Bombshells trades as I am hoping for an omnibus version. Honestly they should do a spinoff after Unites gets underway. Perhaps a Gotham Central '40s with Batgirls as a backup. I find with Bombshells that it's such a perfectly realized team book that it's hard to imagine a additional title. But The Adventures Of Black Bat would be great. DC is making some great choices with elseworlds lately. I think they need to keep takong small risks and it will work.

I guess that was my introduction! Hallo! GutenTag.
    Same here, I'm eagerly awaiting the trades for bombshells as well, even with a lot of dark imagery and topics the title remains very high spirited and heartwarming throughout, its what also helped solidify my interest in Kate, at least enough to buy her first rebirth volume. I'm also kinda loving almost all the else worlds titles going on at the moment, most of those are even more entertaining than the canon line.

Also Hello!

Nice comments. Batwoman is nearly my favorite DC character.

I do take exception that "all" of her loved ones are trying to mold her life.

The only one that doesn't, Bette, however

Seems to be treated the most shabbily (at times) by Kate.

I'm not completely sure what Vinimates are, but there's a Batwoman one set for August of next year:

Screenshot_20171222-155715.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Gail Simone seems to ship Kate and Scandal Savage...

Screenshot_20171222-160424.jpg

For the record, I'd read both those situations.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Gail Simone seems to ship Kate and Scandal Savage...

Screenshot_20171222-160424.jpg

For the record, I'd read both those situations.
    Same. Kate in a secret six situation. Her, scandal, and 4+ other characters she woild recognise as villaims. I could see it being a take down of Kate's occasional ego and her feelings for Scandal coild be what helps her to see that it's not all black and white. And Catman is one of the 'villains' Because it's Catman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantastic Alice View Post
    Same. Kate in a secret six situation. Her, scandal, and 4+ other characters she woild recognise as villaims. I could see it being a take down of Kate's occasional ego and her feelings for Scandal coild be what helps her to see that it's not all black and white. And Catman is one of the 'villains' Because it's Catman.
    As far as the Six go, the only ones I think she'd actually dislike for sure would be Bane, Deadshot, and Ragdoll.

11 years ago...

IMG_20171225_095935.jpg

Well, in the running gag that is "Damian and Kate don't speak to each other," there was partial credit this week in Teen Titans:

Screenshot_20171227-130236.jpg

All-New Member

Wow. I've been reading Bombshells. As many know The Waynes had a child much later than the Kanes. This means Batwoman was able to save Bruce's parents and Bruce will have a happier life. Perhaps he will be Batman one Day and perhaps he will find a Flying Grayson ready to leave his parents' tent and be Robin.... as I assume they are all alive and well....unless the Court of Owls still exists.....

But in the late 30s .... Batwoman found her Robin. I instantly knew what was coming when I heard the name.

And after Jason died I.... Good Goddess it was such a gut punch for Batwoman to lose Jason Todd. Thankfully the stories get brighter after that and really focus in on Jewish Pride which helped my crying and bawling.

But damn, this is the perfect example of what I want my ideal comic book to be. Action, Drama, and lots of very well written beautiful romance between women and other women and a few of them girl boy romances you all like ;p But It's written so well and who I am as a lesbian is so represented in the romance I was actually a little bummed out that Big Barda isn't with Mr.Miracle! That's how well it is written... I would have favored a straight romance in that case because I was so well represented I could not only enjoy Constantine and Zatanna but actually have my own 'ships I prefer.

And Kate is with Mags. As it always and forever should be! I love Rene but I feel like Mags is her Steve Trevor, her Lois Lane. I will always love Batwoman but I will never not smile when she is with Mags.

She's even snuck into my Doctor Who fiction.

But I love this series.

I started Bombshells during the six or so months where it and Injustice were the only places to see Kate. I liked it, and still do, but I've fallen off reading it a little now that she's firmly back in the main universe. I need to maybe fix that.

By Anne-lise Nalin:

IMG_20171228_141806.jpg