Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
I agree that the vampire angle is a little tacky. I do think it'd be cool if she learned some basic magic, though. But I also like the idea of Kate having to really think about ways to take down magical and supernatural beings that don't require punching. Like in the first arc of the New 52 when she we saw her meditating to figure out how to take down La Llorona. That was nice.
This angle does contribute to the original nature of the book, but I guess my overall questions is always, "Why is a street level hero, with no powers and just incredible physical training being tasked to take on supernatural threats?" Ultimately if you want her to be a warrior in the dark side of the DC world, you have to give her the tools to really go up against them. If you aren't willing to do that, you should just draft Zatanna or someone to do this job and leave Kate to deal with Mr. Bones, Scorpio, Intergang, etc. Kate's trained against terrorists, spies, mobsters and street level crime. It really does not make much sense to have her fighting vampires or ghosts, particularly when there are many other DC characters who are more suited for these battles.