Page 192 of 210 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3136
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    What villains and characters does everyone hope to see on the Batwoman show. Honestly I'm kinda bummed that this will take place in Gotham City. I wish they would have given her a city of her own.
    Gotham is a big city. She can be responsible for defending a district of the city. Catwoman got the East End, Batgirl got Burnside. CW can make something up for Kate.

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

By Jeffery Brown:

Screenshot_20180814-121431.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    What villains and characters does everyone hope to see on the Batwoman show. Honestly I'm kinda bummed that this will take place in Gotham City. I wish they would have given her a city of her own.
    This is a series, not a movie, so we can actually see everyone
    They should start with the most popular story, Elegy, and everyone involved in it.

By Michael Lark:

IMG_20180814_192453.jpg

Issue #18 was fantastic. Despite some small problems I have, it was an incredibly uplifting finale.

spoilers:
    Seeing that Kate is now finally, finally free of all the mental crap that was wearing her down this whole series is so heartwarming. She weathered one of the worst set of experiences she's ever been through, having been brought almost to her all-time lowest point, and came out stronger. Tahani's plan ultimately failed. I hate that she's still out there, but there was at least a tease of future stories with her.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    And speaking of those teases... they mitigated a lot of the sadness that this book is ending. There are stories still to tell with Kate and Renee, plenty of them by the looks of it, so I think we may be seeing them again sooner than later. I sure hope so, anyway.
    end of spoilers

This might be in my top 3 Batwoman issues.
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-14-2018 at 09:55 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Issue #18 was fantastic. Despite some small problems I have, it was an incredibly uplifting finale.

spoilers:
    Seeing that Kate is now finally, finally free of all the mental crap that was wearing her down this whole series is so heartwarming. She weathered one of the worst set of experiences she's ever been through, having been brought almost to her all-time lowest point, and came out stronger. Tahani's plan ultimately failed. I hate that she's still out there, but there was at least a tease of future stories with her.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    And speaking of those teases... they mitigated a lot of the sadness that this book is ending. There are stories still to tell with Kate and Renee, plenty of them by the looks of it, so I think we may be seeing them again sooner than later. I sure hope so, anyway.
    end of spoilers

This might be in my top 3 Batwoman issues.
    What are your other two, then?

I thought it was pretty good. Glimpses of Tim and Steph in that big spread will definitely make me happy. But on the whole, I really liked the idea of moving forward, which has been done with Kate before, but is much more effective this time. And I like that Kate's keeping Beth herself, instead of putting her on a boat. Since Beth was my biggest concern going into this series, that's very satisfying. Liked the Kate and Renee stuff, though I really hope to see both of them sooner rather than later.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    What are your other two, then?
    New 52 #0 is definitely the top.

By AgostinoF on DA:

Screenshot_20180814-225342.jpg

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

New 52 #0 is definitely the top.
    Interesting. If I were picking a top three, I'd definitely have to include something from Go - probably the one where it ends with Kate looking at the Batsignal in the sky. And maybe the one where Kate finds out that Alice is her sister from Elegy. It's hard to pick Williams issues. But I have a strong preference for Rucka over Blackman, in terms of writing.

I think I'd also include the issue where Kate's whole family confronts her, as ProgmanX has pointed out.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Amazing Member

Great issue. Thanks Caivu, I wouldn't have picked this up without your endorsement.

Might be worth noting (as it's a wonderful work, well-worth reading), this issue was HEAVILY influenced by William Saroyan's 1939 play, "The Time of Your Life."

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Interesting. If I were picking a top three, I'd definitely have to include something from Go - probably the one where it ends with Kate looking at the Batsignal in the sky.
    That issue's probably my second-place pick.

Quote Originally Posted by willtupper View Post
    Great issue. Thanks Caivu, I wouldn't have picked this up without your endorsement.

Might be worth noting (as it's a wonderful work, well-worth reading), this issue was HEAVILY influenced by William Saroyan's 1939 play, "The Time of Your Life."
    You're welcome! And that's interesting about the play, but knowing Bennett, that kind of literary reference doesn't surprise me. I'll have to look into that.

Amazing Member

It's wonderful. Here's a quote from the play, where I think it's influence on this issue is pretty apparent:

“In the time of your life, live—so that in that good time there shall be no ugliness or death for yourself or for any life your life touches. Seek goodness everywhere, and when it is found, bring it out of its hiding place and let it be free and unashamed.

Place in matter and in flesh the least of the values, for these are the things that hold death and must pass away. Discover in all things that which shines and is beyond corruption. Encourage virtue in whatever heart it may have been driven into secrecy and sorrow by the shame and terror of the world. Ignore the obvious, for it is unworthy of the clear eye and the kindly heart.

Be the inferior of no man, or of any men be superior. Remember that every man is a variation of yourself. No man's guilt is not yours, nor is any man's innocence a thing apart. Despise evil and ungodliness, but not men of ungodliness or evil. These, understand. Have no shame in being kindly and gentle but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret.

In the time of your life, live—so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.”

― William Saroyan, The Time Of Your Life

You're welcome! And that's interesting about the play, but knowing Bennett, that kind of literary reference doesn't surprise me. I'll have to look into that.

Yeah, that quote is definitely similar to the final few pages here.