Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

Default Kate Kane: Batwoman Appreciation 2018

Welcome

(I promise Kate isn't shooting at you. Just the bad guys.)

Here be, the brand new, shiny thread devoted to Kate Kane.

Why celebrate Kate Kane?: Because she's one of the most prominent LGBTQ members of the DC Universe, and is one of the few things DC did right, post-reboot. Because rather than turn Kate into another vehicle for mass titillation, DC managed to create a compelling character whose struggles were all too real and are something we can all relate to. While some of us might not be able to relate to being kicked out of West Point for our sexual orientation, we can relate to the sense of injustice Kate felt afterwards, and we can also relate to the desire to be true to ourselves, even if we're punished for it in the process.

And Kate's compelling narratives were delivered with fantastic prose that was penned by Greg Rucka, and absolutely sensational art that was gifted to us by J.H Williams III (and later, W. Haden Blackman). While Batwoman's creative team has been shuffled a few times, and is currently penned by Marc Andreyko, what Kate represents still stands, and this groundbreaking character deserves to be lauded. So let's do that here.

Information about Kate.

Sites devoted to her:

http://hellyeahkatekane.tumblr.com/

Credit for the wallpaper goes to kestinstewart. The gif is mine.
    Last edited by beetlebum; 09-19-2014 at 02:55 AM.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri