Page 69 of 210 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3136

A new interview with J.H. Williams III:

He talks about Batwoman from about 9:00 onward.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Yeah I dont agree with that at all. Having Epting on art is a blessing. The problem is entirely on the script, the villains were uninteresting, the supporting characters were uninteresting, the setting was bland and the basic premise aka Monster Men was just awful. The Scarecrow arc already looks more promising.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Nice article, though it doesn't deal with my own disappointments. I personally thought Epting was fine, though not quite as moody as I'd hoped for (that's partly a coloring thing, too, I think). To be fair, the solicits for this first arc underwhelmed me - it's a conceptual thing - so the fact that I'm excited about the next issues based on solicits hopefully indicates I'll like the actual issues too.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Yeah I dont agree with that at all. Having Epting on art is a blessing. The problem is entirely on the script, the villains were uninteresting, the supporting characters were uninteresting, the setting was bland and the basic premise aka Monster Men was just awful. The Scarecrow arc already looks more promising.
    You're kinda making the author's point:

If you look at the dialogue in Batwoman Rebirth, the actual beat for beat events, and consider what those panel descriptions most likely were, it’s not hard to discern why some readers of Batwoman Rebirth find it underwhelming in its execution. The hooks are there, the specificity is present, she’s still pushing forward, but so very little of it is conveyed effectively, if at all, through the art.

Fact of the matter is, this book as heaps and tons of nuance and subtext but it’s inherently harder to “find” because of how, to be perfectly blunt, kind of sanitized Epting’s style is. The average reader won’t dig deeper into a story if the execution doesn’t draw them in, and that’s true for everything. But, at the same time, nuance and subtext isn’t the end all, be all. You can do a Batwoman story with very little, provided the text itself is executed effectively flawlessly.

Of course, the general fandom will most likely never see the issues here as Epting’s, obviously unintentional, doing.
    Epting did a lot of great stuff with drawing parallels through his panel structure and stuff, but his art is too "sanitized" for this type of story. Too clean. He's a great artist, and I like a lot of what he did here. And I can see why he was picked, based on his other work. But someone different may have been better.

A lot of the stuff you claim is "boring" is based on much of the interesting stuff being subtextual... and the claim is that a lot of readers won't catch that subtext due to being hindered by Epting's art.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-28-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    A new interview with J.H. Williams III:

He talks about Batwoman from about 9:00 onward.
    Interesting stuff.
    JHW3 is a mega talent.

Batwoman #4 variant cover by Michael Cho:

Attachment 49773
    So glad this was posted here.
    Easily one of my fav three BW covers.
    Up there with that stunning Alex Ross cover (Tec #860)and the JHW3 Batwoman #0...

Last edited by Harry McTell; 06-30-2017 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Added images

Epting's BW Rebirth cover is up there too.
    I guess I have four at the top...and then all the others.

Other favorite BW covers...?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry McTell View Post
    Other favorite BW covers...?
    My top three, which I'm limiting to one from each era since there are so many good ones...

Adam Hughes's variant to Detective Comics #858:

Tec858.jpg

JHWII's cover to Batwoman #1:

Batwoman_Vol_2_1.jpg

And Steve Epting's Batwoman #1 (J.G. Jones's was really cool, too):

BW_cover.jpg

My top three, which I'm limiting to one from each era since there are so many good ones...

JHWII's cover to Batwoman #1:

Batwoman_Vol_2_1.jpg
    This is just is so great.
    I didn't include it in my list because I limited myself to only one by each artist.

This is a modded Hori Fightstick, i did 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsmith Cat View Post
    This is a modded Hori Fightstick, i did 6 years ago.
    Pretty cool (and unusual). What did you use to make it?

Mighty Member

I love the JHW3 Batwoman #0. It just pops out of the page with its overly stylistic art and the masterful use of colors and fonts.