Page 100 of 210 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3136

Well, posting in this thread is a bit like pulling teeth sometimes, but we finally got to 100 pages!

To celebrate, here's the Batwoman Sideshow Premium Art Print by Alex Pascenko:

IMG_20171006_001504.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Caivu has got me interested in reading the Batwoman comics, but my library only has the New 52 ones on Hoopla, so I started there. I've read volume 1 and volume 2 so far and started on volume 3. I like them so far, but I've noticed they're a lot...darker than what I usually read.

Congratulations for the 100 pages, hopefully you reach another 100.

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    Caivu has got me interested in reading the Batwoman comics, but my library only has the New 52 ones on Hoopla, so I started there. I've read volume 1 and volume 2 so far and started on volume 3. I like them so far, but I've noticed they're a lot...darker than what I usually read.
    Yeah, that's one of the things that hooked me. Glad to hear that I helped get you reading it!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Congratulations for the 100 pages, hopefully you reach another 100.
    Hopefully it happens a lot faster than three-and-a-half years this time.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Marc Laming WIP. Not sure what it's for.

IMG_20171021_121006.jpg

IMG_20171021_170221.jpg

Update: It's art for the current series.

Here's a couple more pieces:

IMG_20171021_175107.jpg

IMG_20171021_175049.jpg

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Hey okie, have you read Batwoman: Elegy?

It's my favorite Batwoman story
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hey okie, have you read Batwoman: Elegy?

It's my favorite Batwoman story
    I've just read the vol. 1 and vol. 1 in the New 52 so far. I'll have to see if Hoopla has that. I think they may just have the New 52 series and then something that is just labeled "Batwoman by Greg Rucka and J.H. Williams."

Actually, skimming through that, that might be what you mean, since it says "Elegy, Part One." I have that checked out to read, too.

I've just read the vol. 1 and vol. 1 in the New 52 so far. I'll have to see if Hoopla has that. I think they may just have the New 52 series and then something that is just labeled "Batwoman by Greg Rucka and J.H. Williams."

Actually, skimming through that, that might be what you mean, since it says "Elegy, Part One." I have that checked out to read, too.
    YES! That is the one. It is pure magnificence!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

You should definitely read that collection, since it also includes a shorter arc called "Cutter" by Rucka that sets Kate in her new direction. It's not quite as powerful as Elegy (few things are), but it's definitely the equal of what Blackman and Williams did.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

More of Laming's WIP. He said on Twitter it's from issue #10.

IMG_20171022_171819.jpg

Me too! I have the deluxe collected in the library I work at and discovered it on the shelf. I had heard about the new Batwoman, a year or several before but was not reading DC at the time. So I checked it out and was converted forever.

While the story, art, etc was overall awesome and hooked me, the bonus was

finding an author who had room for Bette Kane in the mythos, and was willing to make her more credible.

I ran across a slightly old interview about the BBoP Manslaughter arc that I missed at first. Batwoman and Catwoman are apparently going to fight:

IMG_9mou38.jpg

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #17 variant cover by Kamome Shirahama:

IMG_20171023_152050.jpg
    Last edited by Caivu; 10-23-2017 at 04:15 PM.

That is very cool! The only small quibble I have with it is that Canary's hair looks silver and kind of anime-ish.