Page 102 of 210 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3136
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Still more Marc Laming WIP. Appropriate for today, too.

IMG_20171031_204828.jpg

And some from Scott Godlewski, as well:

IMG_20171031_001001.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

I wrote a rambly thing that hopefully expresses why the cafe scene in 'Tec #967 was so good:

https://batwomanandmotherpanic.tumbl...s-scene-ramble

This was cute:
    Wow, that's awesome.

I appreciate that you care for the character. Your observations are correct I think. The scene reminds me also of Elegy where Kate more or less blows off Bette as well.

I would hazard a guess that you don't feel or think Bette's career actually started as the old Bat-girl, and for me this is a critical point I wish would be acknowledged, but as it is, it goes towards Kate's main point *if* this history is not/no longer true.

Still I like what you expressed. Still haven't got the issue yet...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Wow, that's awesome.
    Yep. The fact that the kids had an immediate expectation of a female counterpart to Batman is pretty heartwarming.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I would hazard a guess that you don't feel or think Bette's career actually started as the old Bat-girl, and for me this is a critical point I wish would be acknowledged, but as it is, it goes towards Kate's main point *if* this history is not/no longer true.
    Bette's time as Bat-Girl is one of those things I think is gone for good. I'm pretty neutral about it.
    Last edited by Caivu; 11-02-2017 at 12:06 AM.

More Godlewski WIP. I think these might be flashbacks:

Screenshot_20171102-110704.jpg

Screenshot_20171102-130156.jpg

Previously Caivu said: Bette's time as Bat-Girl is one of those things I think is gone for good. I'm pretty neutral about it.

Hey, I don't want her to be a Bat girl again. I am quite happy if she can be Flamebird.

I just don't believe her past should be un-acknowledged. I don't need it reminded to the reader every issue, but it should not be a red headed step child either.

When I posted the thoughts about Tomorrow Titans and how one of the stories showed Bette involved as a lover, to Tim, I forgot to ask this question (I didn't know)

Did the character of Spoiler/Stephanie exist on page, when that story of Tomorrow Titans was published? Without knowing much of this era . . .

how did we go from a story about Tim and Bette as involved

to this other blonde showing up and being involved?

Without knowing Steph's history, she mostly seems like another Blonde, who is enthusiastic, not well trained (originally) and has +/- natural/unnatural attraction to a Robin.

I guess I prefer the original Blonde Bat-family member.

Extraordinary Member

Steph was created roughly a decade before the Titans Tomorrow, but she died "War Games", around the same time when the Titans Tomorrow story started, which is very likely the reason they brought Bette in instead.

First look at Godlewski's Professor Pyg:

Screenshot_20171103-001059.jpg

Thanks for filling that in. I actually think many many characters are re-treads of previous characters, but I won't mention them now. From that encyclopedia I quoted from, the Spoiler entry indicates that she thought something was suspicious with her father and investigated, eventually costuming herself.

In the Silver Age, Betty is suspicious of her Aunt Kathy's night time activities and investigates, eventually becoming Bat-girl.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Previously Caivu said: Bette's time as Bat-Girl is one of those things I think is gone for good. I'm pretty neutral about it.

Hey, I don't want her to be a Bat girl again. I am quite happy if she can be Flamebird.

I just don't believe her past should be un-acknowledged. I don't need it reminded to the reader every issue, but it should not be a red headed step child either.

When I posted the thoughts about Tomorrow Titans and how one of the stories showed Bette involved as a lover, to Tim, I forgot to ask this question (I didn't know)

Did the character of Spoiler/Stephanie exist on page, when that story of Tomorrow Titans was published? Without knowing much of this era . . .

how did we go from a story about Tim and Bette as involved

to this other blonde showing up and being involved?

Without knowing Steph's history, she mostly seems like another Blonde, who is enthusiastic, not well trained (originally) and has +/- natural/unnatural attraction to a Robin.

I guess I prefer the original Blonde Bat-family member.
    Ahaha. I can't let that go, obviously. I love Bette, but Steph is my girl, and she may have some similarities (mostly in being romantically inclined towards a Robin and being constantly told she's not good enough), but she's very, very different. Steph became Spoiler out of a sense of guilt and attempt to put her father's evil activities right. She was originally intended as a one-shot character, but purely on the strength of her characterization, Chuck Dixon kept bringing her back until she became a significant character.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Thanks for filling that in. I actually think many many characters are re-treads of previous characters, but I won't mention them now. From that encyclopedia I quoted from, the Spoiler entry indicates that she thought something was suspicious with her father and investigated, eventually costuming herself.

In the Silver Age, Betty is suspicious of her Aunt Kathy's night time activities and investigates, eventually becoming Bat-girl.
    Imo Betty is technically also re-tread of an older character ("Roberta the Girl Wonder").

This is actually true and Roberta is the actual first girl to kiss Robin/Dick Grayson.

I think for this thread, it is worth talking about Bette's possible future in either BW or Detective. Some thought or heard that she was going to place in BW but then the page in Detective showed her showing there, though not conclusively as joining the team, in fact quite otherwise.

I guess they might as well run with a story that keeps her in Westpoint but brings in some intrigue and a possible crossover with Nightwing perhaps.