Page 106 of 210 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3136

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    First I've heard of those. Looks like it's gotten good reviews, but I'm not into audiobooks.
    These are fairly decent. I've been listening to their Planet Hulk dramatic reading. Haven't listened to 52 yet, but it's now in the queue. Will try to figure out who on the cast list is playing Renee and Kate (and wait isn't Bette in that one scene?)

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Her biggest fear is

of being herself.

So I hope to pick it up soon-ish, but I think from the various elements of Elegy and also her first volume, Kate has a mostly subconscious fear of being herself, which is in most respects like Bruce, being the Bat. So it may(eventually) go to the core of all that, with the Dark Metal stuff and the tribes stuff.
    Doesn't that run completely counter to her decision to leave West Point, among other things? I've never really seen her having that level of fear about herself. You'll have to sell me on this one.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Being the Bat gives you more freedom, certainly than she had at West Pointe. It was the "way to serve", but it has also seemed like a curse.

You're more well versed in BW, her story. And you do her credit. Some of this to me, is more of a visceral feel, and maybe others won't feel the same way.
    The other thing is in "serving", she has been subject to some eerie stuff, and thats what the hallucinatory scenes I've seen so far, in previous issues -

they rather recall that semi supernatural stuff with Abbott (?), Beth, the Religion of Crime, etc. The sense of dreaminess, hypnotic and surreal.
    I suppose I'm not selling this well, and hope to read the issue. Sorry if I've wobbled on there. Then again, the fear may be repressed, and in her subconscious, but in the scene you mention, it unleashes this way and is brutal. Maybe the fear is her unrepressed rage. Due to all these things; her mother, Beth, her own death and rebirth with the pits.... This is the self she's afraid of being. A rage she may not be able to control.
    Its possible that the one person she feels she can trust (or did) is Bette, who has never really done her any wrong, not intentionally at least. And that also explains her off and cool behavior with her, which seems notable with all the other Bat-folks in her world. She tries to protect her and people like her, from that rage in herself too.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Being the Bat gives you more freedom, certainly than she had at West Pointe. It was the "way to serve", but it has also seemed like a curse.
    Eh... I don't think so. There's too much of a time gap there, I think. It's not like Kate went immediately into becoming a vigilante after West Point, and even though she's couched in Bat imagery, it's not really a thing for her the way it is for Bruce.

Maybe the fear is her unrepressed rage.
    Okay, that I could see as a possibility. Kate usually has a pretty good reign on her anger (since really, it's always present), but if she truly went off the deep end there, she could potentially do a lot of damage.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

I've been thinking about it more, and I'm liking the idea of this fear being her uncontrolled rage. That's got some precedence as far back as Elegy, when Kate pretty easily threatened to wipe out the all the werepeople of Gotham if they didn't leave her alone.

In light of the revelation about Colony Prime this week, I went back through his prior appearances to see if that had been foreshadowed. And it may have, in 'Tec #949:

Screenshot_20171118-172829.jpg

It's not explicit, but this can definitely be interpreted now as Prime picturing himself in Gabi's place, and how that would hurt his daughter.

I almost has time to pick it up yesterday at my store(few miles away), but then we had to wait on Thor tickets; seems three weeks in and we still didn't arrive early enough and had to wait for the next showing (not quite an hour)

but it through our time off and we didn't go to Dearborn for dinner (where the comic store is). RATZ

but I did very much enjoy the movie. With the last couple of issues, of both 'Tec and BW, I'm more in the groove with it; more engaged with current story lines.

Marc Laming, expressing similar sentiments as Fernando Blanco did a few months ago:

Screenshot_20171119-170037.jpg

While I often don't reference the creative team of a particular book, in this case, it is really everything; that.he.did.

detective975.jpg

DETECTIVE COMICS #975

Written by James Tynion IV, art by Alvaro Martinez and Raul Fernandez, cover by Guillem March, variant cover by Rafael Albuquerque.

"The Trial of Batwoman." In a 30-page anniversary story, Batwoman faces scrutiny from Batman and Red Robin but stands up for her actions. Will Batman allow her to continue bearing his symbol after everything she has done?

BANNED

Where did you get that solicit from?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Where did you get that solicit from?

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...1/20/dcfeb.htm

Also, the solicit for issue #12 this month was originally given for #10. Here's the updated #10 solicit:

"'Fear and Loathing' finale! In order to escape a wonderland of nightmares, Batwoman must embrace the monster within to defeat Scarecrow once and for all. But Dr. Crane is the least of her worries, Colony is coming to the rescue and her father turned enemy, Colonel Jacob Kane, is leading the charge. Could this father/daughter reunion be the beginning of the end for Kate Kane’s career as Batwoman?"

Blanco and Laming on art, which we knew. Ben Oliver is apparently doing the regular cover.

BANNED

Ok thanks.