Page 16 of 210 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

It will be hard to top the quality that J.H. Williams III and Rucka supplied with their Batwoman runs. You can definitely tell they genuinely cared about the character, and the stories and artwork had an effective kick to it. Andreyko's run was descent, but not great.

I would love another Batwoman solo series, but the bar has already been set so high already. Hope some writer is willing to top it.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Andreyko's run was descent, but not great.
    You are a far kinder soul than I.

Bit of a tangent, but is anyone still reading Injustice? I started it because for a good six months or so it was one of the only places to get any Kate appearances, and I didn't really care whether it was an AU or not. It's an okay series for what it is, and Kate and most of the other characters are pretty accurate to their main universe counterparts from what I can tell. I like her in it because she so closely resembles the "real" Kate, so it's a bit of a downer that's she's almost certainly going to get killed off this Year.
    Last edited by Caivu; 04-10-2016 at 06:50 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    You are a far kinder soul than I.

Bit of a tangent, but is anyone still reading Injustice? I started it because for a good six months or so it was one of the only places to get any Kate appearances, and I didn't really care whether it was an AU or not. It's an okay series for what it is, and Kate and most of the other characters are pretty accurate to their main universe counterparts from what I can tell. I like her in it because she so closely resembles the "real" Kate, so it's a bit of a downer that's she's almost certainly going to get killed off this Year.
    Did you read all the Andreyko run? I will admit from what I read (Which wasn't too much since I remained bitter about the previous creative team leaving), I wasn't too impressed with the generic vampire stories but I am biased enough to like anything with Kate staying somewhat true to in character.

And is she still in Injustice? I did drop the series long ago, but Batwoman was always a scene stealer in it. Loved that she was a part of the Birds of Prey and genuinely loved all the women in the group like family.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Did you read all the Andreyko run? I will admit from what I read (Which wasn't too much since I remained bitter about the previous creative team leaving), I wasn't too impressed with the generic vampire stories but I am biased enough to like anything with Kate staying somewhat true to in character.
    I did, and though I kept reading just to see where things would go, I was pretty much done with things about halfway through the "Webs" arc. If that story had been half as long or had ended with Wolf Spider getting his teeth kicked in, I would've liked it better. But Kate having such difficulty dealing with a glorified cat burglar was ridiculous. By the time the vampire stuff rolled around I was convinced the series had jumped the shark.

And is she still in Injustice? I did drop the series long ago, but Batwoman was always a scene stealer in it. Loved that she was a part of the Birds of Prey and genuinely loved all the women in the group like family.
    The last two issues were pretty good quasi-focus issues for her, to the point that I was about 99% certain they were doing that to prep for killing her off; remind the audience how great she is so it'll be more impactful when it happens. And it's going to happen, but the when is back up in the air right now. It's even, based on some of the more recent solicits, looking like Batgirl's going to get offed before her, which would be surprising.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

i really think Kate's now in that situation where she's no longer good enough to hold her own title and has to share it with five other people because otherwise she'll fall into the void of obscurity

BANNED

bumping this to say I'm surprised nobody's posted since the july solicits were posted Detective Comics#936 solicit mentions batman's M.I.A. and batwoman takes over as leader of the group

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    bumping this to say I'm surprised nobody's posted since the july solicits were posted Detective Comics#936 solicit mentions batman's M.I.A. and batwoman takes over as leader of the group
    That sounds perfect. So much potential for conflict. Her having to take charge of the group by herself get them to act as a unit to find Batman, when they all may not be on the best of terms... ahhhhh! This series hasn't even started yet and it already sounds so good.

BANNED

That sounds perfect. So much potential for conflict. Her having to take charge of the group by herself get them to act as a unit to find Batman, when they all may not be on the best of terms... ahhhhh! This series hasn't even started yet and it already sounds so good.
    yeah and add in the wildcard that is clayface and you got something that batwoman might not be able to handle

I Know an online buddy who is gonna get back into comics with DC Rebirth(He'll be Reading Superman/Action comics i wasn't able to sell him on anything else sadly)and I'm gonna give him The Batman Info since I'll be reading Batman/Detective And He'll give me the superman info since He'll be reading Superman/Action

gonna make voice chat conversations much more interesting when we have comic book info to share that the other doesn't

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

Been a long time since I posted in my own thread.

[Sidenote: But I've been very busy running a few blogs on Tumblr, trying to finish my degrees, and completing all the necessary paperwork I need to become a caregiver. Hence why I don't post much on forums]

This aside, I will say that I was really disappointed with the end of Andreyko's run. I'd like to think that he was hampered with editorial mandates, and the whole thing in Nocturna just left an incredibly poor taste in my mouth. Actually, 'poor taste in my mouth' is an understatement. I still can't believe they went there with Kate and had Nocturna pretty much sexually assault her. I like Marc Andreyko, as he's a really nice guy (he once sent me free comics after all) but I still can't believe he wrote that. (However, I'd like to believe that the whole entire debacle wasn't entirely his fault.)

With that being said, I'm really looking forward to Rebirth. I want a new slate with Kate, and one where the events I mentioned above, will be retconned out of existence.

i really think Kate's now in that situation where she's no longer good enough to hold her own title and has to share it with five other people because otherwise she'll fall into the void of obscurity
    I completely agree. I can't wait to see Kate as the leader of the group. I think she'd be perfect for the role, and as far as I'm concerned, July can't get here fast enough.

In addition to the fact that I'm going to Comic-Con (which I'm super excited about!), I can't wait to read Kate in Rebirth as well. I hope it's everything I expect it to be, and it will do Kate justice as she dishes out her own brand of justice, in Gotham.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

Haven't seen this discussed here yet, so why not?

What are everyone's thoughts on Kate's short hair in the new 'Tec? I really like it, and think it's appropriate since Rebirth's supposed to be a fresh start. A new look makes sense. But there's obviously some reason for it in-universe. Is she thinking of going back to the military, maybe?

What are everyone's thoughts on Kate's short hair in the new 'Tec? I really like it, and think it's appropriate since Rebirth's supposed to be a fresh start. A new look makes sense. But there's obviously some reason for it in-universe. Is she thinking of going back to the military, maybe?
    I wasn't aware of this. How short are we talking? Can you post a link?
    I've always thought Kate looked at her most badass out of costume, with the bob.

Also, can anybody here give me a quick rundown on important events for Kate since JHW3 and Blackman left the book? I heard that she and Maggie broke up (ugh) but did anything else important happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    I wasn't aware of this. How short are we talking? Can you post a link?
    I've always thought Kate looked at her most badass out of costume, with the bob.

Also, can anybody here give me a quick rundown on important events for Kate since JHW3 and Blackman left the book? I heard that she and Maggie broke up (ugh) but did anything else important happen?
    Buzzcut, like military-style short. It's shown in these previews:

http://www.newsarama.com/29044-dc-re...omics-934.html

The biggest thing that happened besides the breakup was Kate getting hypnotized by a vampire and made into her sex slave. Yes, really.

Shortly before that she was seeing a psychiatrist because she came home beaten up after a patrol and scared Maggie's daughter; Maggie suggested that maybe some of the events of the previous year or so (combined with lingering stuff from seeing her mother get killed) had finally taken too much of a toll on Kate's mind and was causing her to make dumb mistakes.

She also teamed up with Clayface, Ragman, Jason Blood/Etrigan, and Alice. In space. Again, really.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-23-2016 at 03:03 PM.

Buzzcut, like military-style short. It's shown in these previews:

http://www.newsarama.com/29044-dc-re...omics-934.html

The biggest thing that happened besides the breakup was Kate getting hypnotized by a vampire and made into her sex slave. Yes, really.

Shortly before that she was seeing a psychiatrist because she came home beaten up after a patrol and scared Maggie's daughter; Maggie suggested that maybe some of the events of the previous year or so (combined with lingering stuff from seeing her mother get killed) had finally taken too much of a toll on Kate's mind and was causing her to make dumb mistakes.

She also teamed up with Clayface, Ragman, Jason Blood/Etrigan, and Alice. In space. Again, really.
    Yeeesh. Y'know, other than the vampire s**t, none of that sounds bad in theory (even the space stuff, because why not?), but from your tone I can assume the execution was way off.

As for the hair, I'm down with it. I think it could be in character for her, especially after major trauma/break-up, to radically change her looks. Plus, she looks hawt.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Im fine with the short hair when shes kate. While its the same,color,it does somewhat help keeping a secret id.

I'm very excited to see what kind of dynamic she'll have with those Batfamily members. Love the hair as well.