Page 19 of 210 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oeternalis View Post
    What issues of 52 is she in?
    7, 9, 11, 28, 30, 33, 34, 48, 52
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    (bonus points if you untangle "To Drown the World" and put it in chronological order)
    I think I'll leave it as is, I quite like the non linear narrative.

Is it just me or does Batwoman look like a vampire most of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Is it just me or does Batwoman look like a vampire most of the time?
    Nope, not just you. It's an intentional choice on the part of the artists. Redheads can have pretty severely pale skin, but hers is exaggerated to make her stand out visually. Same with her hair.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Nope, not just you. It's an intentional choice on the part of the artists. Redheads can have pretty severely pale skin, but hers is exaggerated to make her stand out visually. Same with her hair.
    She looks fuckin' gorgeous. That new Detective Comics issue is a prime example. Man, she looks cool. I know Bats is the one everybody is super afraid of, but can you imagine seeing Kate swoopin' down on your ass?!

BANNED

I like vampire Kate. I know some people complain that her exaggerated appearance takes them out of the story, but I don't really care. It looks badass, and it's no more ridiculous than the impractical outfits many characters wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I know some people complain that her exaggerated appearance takes them out of the story
    I've heard the same. If some people don't like her, fine, but that's a very silly reason not to.

BANNED

I've heard the same. If some people don't like her, fine, but that's a very silly reason not to.
    By that logic they should hate any character with an abnormal appearance. Beast, Nightcrawler, Starfire, J'onn Jonzz, all inhuman looking so they must suck.

JH Williams created such a unique look for Kate, it's one of the reasons I love her.

And also why I'm so annoyed with how she looks now in Detective Comics. Barrows can draw an amazing Batwoman, but wtf is that haircut on Kate?? She kinda looks like Rahne Sinclair now... Not a good look.

Hell, even the Kotobukiya Bishoujo statue included a mask-less face beacuse it was awesome:

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    JH Williams created such a unique look for Kate, it's one of the reasons I love her.

And also why I'm so annoyed with how she looks now in Detective Comics. Barrows can draw an amazing Batwoman, but wtf is that haircut on Kate?? She kinda looks like Rahne Sinclair now... Not a good look.
    I like the bob, but the I'm fine with the buzzcut, too. New era, new look, whatever.

I'm starting to think the real reason they gave her such a drastic haircut is to make it more obvious that she's wearing a wig in-costume. I know of many readers who failed to catch that before, so I can see the same thing happening to new readers now.

So, according to the concept art for "Night of the Monster Men," Kate's going to become a kaiju-type monster:

KateKaiju.jpg

And you know what? I say bring it on. It's not like this is a choice that'll stick, since if it happens she'll get healed, so whatever. It's little different from when she got affected with the Anti-Life Equation since she came back from that, and it certainly can't be worse that that horrible Future's End tie-in.

This is exactly the kind of silliness I want to see from that crossover.

All-New Member

And here we were, all worried that the supernatural horror wouldn't be back

Quote Originally Posted by Oeternalis View Post
    And here we were, all worried that the supernatural horror wouldn't be back
    That's exactly what I was thinking. "She who fights monsters..." and all of that. Let's see it!

Ultimate Member

I love Kate's look as well. The extremely pale skin is not only cool-looking in and of itself, but it contrasts REALLY nicely with the red hair and the red and black in her costume. It gives her a really striking appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I love Kate's look as well. The extremely pale skin is not only cool-looking in and of itself, but it contrasts REALLY nicely with the red hair and the red and black in her costume. It gives her a really striking appearance.
    That it does. I recently got the Kotobukiya statue, which is really pretty, but it's missing the pale-skinned vampire look. I know it's an anime-esque figure, which is nice, but if I see a more comic-accurate statue I'm getting it!