Page 190 of 210 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3136

By @pseudofolio on Twitter:

IMG_20180808_210304.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

By Fabian Lelay:

IMG_20180804_163217.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

By Jonathan Reyes:

Screenshot_20180808-230058.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I honestly don't get how you can say this. I feel like I'm watching a completely seperate filmography from everyone else.
    It works both ways. Perhaps even moreso from my perspective. I can see from your posts on here that you're a huge Batwoman fan and so I'm genuinely surprised you think someone of Rose's extremely limited range could do any kind of justice to Kate.

For me, this casting is selling Kate short by a long way. As a character, she deserves so much better. But hey, the same can be said of Supergirl in terms of the writing on that show for the last two years, so I guess it's par for the course on the CW anyway!
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    You're right, it's not easy. And done well, it can lead to a phenomenal performance. Just look at Sally Hawkins in The Shape of Water for evidence of that.

But Rose's portrayal of Ares wasn't that. It was... alright. But this wasn't a performance that gained something more by the absence of dialogue. Instead, it was merely a slight improvement on her other roles, purely because she did not have any lines.
    Actresses who were supposedly bad, average, etc have been known to turn in great performances. I know this is out of the question with ALL fandom but you gotta learn how to give things a chance. I feel like a true comic fan would want to see what she can actually bring to the table.

Some of the comments against her have been disgusting, which makes me support the casting more.
    Last edited by Raijin; 08-09-2018 at 02:59 AM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

I can see from your posts on here that you're a huge Batwoman fan and so I'm genuinely surprised you think someone of Rose's extremely limited range could do any kind of justice to Kate.
    Because I don't think she has an "extremely limited range". That doesn't mean I think she's Oscar or Emmy material, just that she's capable. As Rucka said, CW!Kate's portrayal will come down to how she's written, and I pretty much agree.

For me, this casting is selling Kate short by a long way. As a character, she deserves so much better.
    I don't entirely disagree with this, believe it or not. RR wasn't even in my top 10 picks for this role. But neither was she ever someone I absolutely didn't want.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Actresses who were supposedly bad, average, etc have been known to turn in great performances. I know this is out of the question with ALL fandom but you gotta learn how to give things a chance. I feel like a true comic fan would want to see what she can actually bring to the table.
    Alternately, going in with enormously (and to be fair, justifiably) low expectations at least means we won't be disappointed.

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,

As Rucka said, CW!Kate's portrayal will come down to how she's written, and I pretty much agree.
    That much may be true. If Kate's written as a one-dimensional character with little to no depth, Rose will probably be fine.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 08-09-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Ruby Rose seemed personable enough in the Jimmy Fallon interview so I don't see the problem. Maybe is was more a case of her getting crappy roles and bad writing than lack of talent.
    And even if it is her, she can't be any worse than Stephen Amell and Arrow is still reasonably enjoyable.

That much may be true. If Kate's written as a one-dimensional character with little to no depth, Rose will probably be fine.
    You don't have to be snarky (just generally speaking, I am well beyond tired of reading that kinda crap over the past few days). You know that's not what he meant.
    Last edited by Caivu; 08-09-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

As Rucka said, CW!Kate's portrayal will come down to how she's written, and I pretty much agree.
    I disagree. Good writing can't save a bad performance.

I'm not familiar with Ruby Rose work so I can't say anything definitive about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I disagree. Good writing can't save a bad performance.
    What I think both Rucka and I (but at least I) mean by this is that Kate should be written recognizably. If her adapted self strays too far from her established character, I don't care if she were played by my top picks for the role, even if the performance given were stellar.

By J.H. Williams III:

Screenshot_20180808-230024.jpg

By winterStorm42 on DA:

Screenshot_20180809-022743.jpg

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What I think both Rucka and I (but at least I) mean by this is that Kate should be written recognizably. If her adapted self strays too far from her established character, I don't care if she were played by my top picks for the role, even if the performance given were stellar.
    Unrecognizable is par the course with the Arrowverse. Ollie, Laurel, Mr. Terrific, Ray Palmer and a couple I'm forgetting are nothing like their comic counterparts. It's something I'm bracing myself for. It's why I wish she had appeared in Gotham instead.