Page 2 of 210 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

Panel from Batwoman Annual #1 (2014)

(Source)

I haven't read it, as I'm behind on all things Kate and need to get caught-up, but nevertheless, I'm glad the art for her book still manages to be pleasing, and fantastic.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

Pharah x Mercy

Default Kate Kane Pin-up

I'm not sure how I feel about the pin-up series in general, but this I like.

Kate as a Vampire, huh. Well, she certainly looked the part already! I'm actually really excited for this, especially the part about Nocturna being her 'former lover', though it does make me worry for poor Maggie...

All-New Member

"Under the spell of Nocturna" has been hinted at in future solicitations, and I'm excited to see where it leads our favorite heroine. The main reason I'm looking forward to this arc, is Kate has to me been at her most interesting when dealing with the supernatural and occult, as it gives her a different bat-flavor which differentiates the book from the myriad of other bat titles currently on the selves. Having said that, I am hesitant with Nocturna potentially shoving aside the long-standing relationship BW has had with Maggie and hope this is more of a fling or some such, that tests her current relationship. Because I really enjoy her "normal" life. In fact I think her relationship with Maggie is the books strongest point since Andreyko took over.

All-New Member

I thought Nocturna was a lover from the past-past, not the future-past (stupid Future's End, stupid time travel)? I'm pretty sure Andreyko hinted that one of Kate's old lovers would make an appearance in an interview a while back, but I may be mistaken.

Personally, I hope they never pull the trigger on the whole vampire thing, since it would probably involve shelving the supporting cast and driving a stake (haha) through her relationship with Maggie. As many have pointed out, one of the things that makes Batwoman stand out from the rest of the Family is the focus on Kate's family & personal life.

Plus, let's just address the elephant in the room, some people just don't like vampires.

Having said that, I liked issue 31. I'd had issues with how Kate had been portrayed in this arc, but liked seeing Kate show responsibility for herself and go out of her way to help Maggie; okay, it's not as dramatic as injecting yourself with fear toxin, but by the same token a lot less creepy.

The past lover your referring to is Josie, her girlfriend from west point who's appearing next issue. (Her names a retcon, it used to be sophie)

Andreyko has said there's going to be 'seismic' changes, and vampirism seems to be what they're hinting at. On one hand I'd really like to see where he would go with it, Nocturna loving and all. But on the other hand, that would mean we'd lose Maggie, who we've all come to love over this series.

Perhaps it could just be a temporary thing. Are they using Future's End to hint at future (past chronological) stories or is it something that you think will be undone at the end? If it's undone, the whole vampire thing could just be a cool little 'what if?' scenario.

This looks gorgeous, and looks like something I'd frame and hang on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    This, on the other hand, looks weird, and fills me with dread.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcMuffin View Post
    Meanwhile, is anyone else upset that Batwoman isn't being collected in Hardcover format anymore, just paperback?

Quote Originally Posted by michael-schofield View Post
    This looks gorgeous, and looks like something I'd frame and hang on the wall.

This, on the other hand, looks weird, and fills me with dread.

Meanwhile, is anyone else upset that Batwoman isn't being collected in Hardcover format anymore, just paperback?
    It sucks for people who trade wait it, especially those with OCD. Those (4?) hardcovers together, then suddenly it switches to smaller books! Luckily I switched to single issues after the first HC. Are they only doing paperback now because of low sales?

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Just borrowed a buddies collection and power read through the whole damn thing. I gotta say, im a big Batwoman fan.

The series has been a bit inconsistent, but the one guarantee ive noticed is things are never dull when Kate Kane is on the page (Her costume design is also the best in the business). If anything, its biggest falters are when it gets too far off path with the rest of the cast and slows things down.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Amazing Member

I've always been a bit confused about the exact relationship between Kate Kane, Kathy Kane and the Wayne family. I mean, am I right in thinking that they are all somewhat related? And am I also right in thinking that "Bette Kane" is a New 52 version of the original, golden age Batgirl?

Quote Originally Posted by The Conductor View Post
    I've always been a bit confused about the exact relationship between Kate Kane, Kathy Kane and the Wayne family. I mean, am I right in thinking that they are all somewhat related? And am I also right in thinking that "Bette Kane" is a New 52 version of the original, golden age Batgirl?
    Kate and Bruce are (possibly first) cousins (they share an uncle, who is Martha Wayne's brother and who has a painting of Kate and Beth in his office.) While I don't think it's been explored in depth I think Kathy is an aunt by marriage, and yes, Bette Kane is the new 52 version, but was never Batgirl in this continuity.

Pharah x Mercy

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcMuffin View Post
    Kate and Bruce are (possibly first) cousins (they share an uncle, who is Martha Wayne's brother and who has a painting of Kate and Beth in his office.) While I don't think it's been explored in depth I think Kathy is an aunt by marriage, and yes, Bette Kane is the new 52 version, but was never Batgirl in this continuity.
    This wake scene is the most interesting of the book because it removes all doubt that Bruce and Kate are indeed cousins and likely first cousins.
    From here.

I tend to think of them as being first cousins, even if it's not been explicitly stated in canon. It would just make sense for them to so (albeit they're first cousins who apparently, steal motorcycles from each other, but that's only so she could stop a jewel heist!)

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    Just borrowed a buddies collection and power read through the whole damn thing. I gotta say, im a big Batwoman fan.

The series has been a bit inconsistent, but the one guarantee ive noticed is things are never dull when Kate Kane is on the page (Her costume design is also the best in the business). If anything, its biggest falters are when it gets too far off path with the rest of the cast and slows things down.
    Glad to hear it.

And yeah, the series has been inconsistent at times. Though the one thing that never falters is the art, and I'm grateful for all the beautiful panels we get from that.

Became my favorite character due to Greg Rucka, JH Williams and Blackman. Really independent and capable woman but do not like her being related to Bruce Wayne and be part of the bat family. Also, have being feeling mixed about Marc andreyko's run.

Other than that, really loved her.