Page 201 of 210 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3136

By John Grosjean:

8a36483.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

First look at the CW's Batsymbol:

Screenshot_20180926-122258.jpg

I was iffy on it at first until I realized it seems to be taking a few cues from the logo on the Sideshow Premium Format figure:

Screenshot_20180926-231652.jpg

There are differences, but a lot of similarities. The outer edges of the wings, the top curve where the ears are, the tail... all are pretty close, so that's a bit encouraging, that another Batwoman thing is probably being used for reference.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    There's a new Batwoman Imaginext figure on the way (and a bunch of others, too), as seen at their NYCC booth.

Attachment 55958
    Found this on the Imaginext website:
    Here's a better picture from elsewhere:

Oh, neat. That Huntress and Jessica Cruz look good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Oh, neat. That Huntress and Jessica Cruz look good, too.
    Katana isn't bad, either (though why a children's toy labeled for ages 3-8 is dressed like the Suicide Squad movie-inspired version is questionable).

I wish Batwoman had more of a pointed-Bat-ears look (maybe it does but isn't visible in that picture). I also don't know if / when the set may have been available (or where from).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Katana isn't bad, either (though why a children's toy labeled for ages 3-8 is dressed like the Suicide Squad movie-inspired version is questionable).
    Not sure why that would be a problem. She is more modestly dressed than Killer Frost.

For the heck of it, . . .

from Convergence: The Question #1 (June 2016)
    art by Cully Hamner

NYCC week. Probably getting the first look at the CW costume.

This is mostly a Bette fic, but Kate is in it, so... eh:

Fighting for Approval

I read, enjoyed, and responded. Good job.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post

Welcome

(I promise Kate isn't shooting at you. Just the bad guys.)

Here be, the brand new, shiny thread devoted to Kate Kane.

Why celebrate Kate Kane?: Because she's one of the most prominent LGBTQ members of the DC Universe, and is one of the few things DC did right, post-reboot. Because rather than turn Kate into another vehicle for mass titillation, DC managed to create a compelling character whose struggles were all too real and are something we can all relate to. While some of us might not be able to relate to being kicked out of West Point for our sexual orientation, we can relate to the sense of injustice Kate felt afterwards, and we can also relate to the desire to be true to ourselves, even if we're punished for it in the process.

And Kate's compelling narratives were delivered with fantastic prose that was penned by Greg Rucka, and absolutely sensational art that was gifted to us by J.H Williams III (and later, W. Haden Blackman). While Batwoman's creative team has been shuffled a few times, and is currently penned by Marc Andreyko, what Kate represents still stands, and this groundbreaking character deserves to be lauded. So let's do that here.

Information about Kate.

Sites devoted to her:

http://hellyeahkatekane.tumblr.com/

Credit for the wallpaper goes to kestinstewart. The gif is mine.
    I've been a devotee of Marc Andreyko since the beginning of Manhunter.
    I likewise believe Kate's association with Maggie is a standout amongst the most acceptable I have found in a standard comic in years.
    On a last note, she has a standout amongst the most rebel new outfit outlines of the most recent decade.

By Glowwyrm on DA:

Snowy_Gotham_by_Glowwyrm.jpg

I recently learned something incidentally interesting about Ruby Rose that gives her another thing in common with Kate: about six years ago, she was an amateur boxer, just as Kate was at West Point. I don't know if the CDs were considering that, but it's kinda neat, especially with all their other similarities.

I've heard from a source I trust that there's going to be major Batwoman news tomorrow. I'm speculating here, but I think it might be the TV suit.