Page 26 of 210 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I hadn't even thought of that, but maybe. I like her version, it's the closest I've seen to what I picture Kate "actually" looking like (as in, if she were a real person).

Edit: I did a real quick, unpolished coloring job just for kicks.

Attachment 41356
    I saw the original version on tumblr yesterday and was floored by it, specifically for the same reasons you pointed out. Flawless Kate, especially the lounging one. And damn, dude, it's amazing with the red. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by ProgmanX View Post
    I saw the original version on tumblr yesterday and was floored by it, specifically for the same reasons you pointed out. Flawless Kate, especially the lounging one. And damn, dude, it's amazing with the red. Nice work!
    Thank you!
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

First peek at Batwoman's appearance in Mother Panic, courtesy of Tommy Lee Edwards:

BWMP.jpg

Likely from issue #3.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Man, I have the same reaction to Edwards's art that people seem to have to Roe's art. I love Roe's strong women, and her noses are distinctive, even though they take getting used to. But Edwards is just...ugly and undifferentiated, to me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Man, I have the same reaction to Edwards's art that people seem to have to Roe's art. I love Roe's strong women, and her noses are distinctive, even though they take getting used to. But Edwards is just...ugly and undifferentiated, to me.
    His coloring is where he really shines, I think, though I like the rest of it. And for something like Mother Panic, the garishness that his colors tend to lean toward coupled with the roughness of his pencilwork really work to the book's advantage. It not only looks distinct, but gives a lot of appropriate, unrefined atmosphere to everything.

As a side note, that panel could be from issue #2. I just read an interview where Edwards said Batwoman will be in Mother Panic #2 and #3, and that the series will be divided into 3-issue arcs for at least the first 9 issues.

Kate will have a short story in the upcoming Love is Love (big surprise, right? And seriously, go buy a copy if you can, it's for a great cause), written by Amanda Deibert with art by Cat Staggs.

AD.JPG

Edit - I looked up some of Staggs's art, and she's drawn Batwoman before:

heroes09final.jpg

Hell yeah!
    Last edited by Caivu; 11-18-2016 at 12:37 AM.

Kate will have a short story in the upcoming Love is Love (big surprise, right? And seriously, go buy a copy if you can, it's for a great cause), written by Amanda Deibert with art by Cat Staggs.

AD.JPG

Edit - I looked up some of Staggs's art, and she's drawn Batwoman before:

heroes09final.jpg

Hell yeah!
    I pre-ordered that book from IDW the second I was able; cannot wait to read it. But, I'm even more excited now! Stagg's art kinda reminds me of Alex Ross. Not quite as "hyper-realistic painting-y", but definitely a cool style. Now I just wish I knew who was writing her Chanukah Crisis (perfect title) story in the Holiday Special. And I kinda hope it's not Tynion, as he's not Jewish.

I pre-ordered that book from IDW the second I was able; cannot wait to read it. But, I'm even more excited now! Stagg's art kinda reminds me of Alex Ross. Not quite as "hyper-realistic painting-y", but definitely a cool style. Now I just wish I knew who was writing her Chanukah Crisis (perfect title) story in the Holiday Special. And I kinda hope it's not Tynion, as he's not Jewish.
    Tynion is writing a Flash story for that.

Also, speaking of artists: Steve Epting is doing the art for Mighty Thor #13 and #14. Since this is recent work from him, and since Thor has a similar helmet shape to Kate's cowl (especially the face), and also has visible hair, we can get a small taste of what his Batwoman will likely look like.

Thor.JPG

Thor2.JPG

The answer is, "probably really cool."
    Last edited by Caivu; 11-18-2016 at 01:11 PM.

Tynion is writing a Flash story for that.

Also, speaking of artists: Steve Epting is doing the art for Mighty Thor #13 and #14. Since this is recent work from him, and since Thor has a similar helmet shape to Kate's cowl (especially the face), and also has visible hair, we can get a small taste of what his Batwoman will likely look like.

Thor.JPG

Thor2.JPG

The answer is, "probably really cool."
    I never realized that about Thor's costume. Damn, okay, that's awesome.

I didn't know that the Love is Love book was even going to have actual DC characters in it. Cool .

love9.jpg

I...am at a loss for words.

The title for the first story arc of Batwoman's new series is called "The Many Arms of Death". That's a badass title.

The title for the first story arc of Batwoman's new series is called "The Many Arms of Death". That's a badass title.
    Yeah, it is. And doesn't that sort of make it her third "Rebirth"? I've been thinking about this a bit, and if you count "Rise of the Batmen" as her first---as you should since it brought her back to center Quantum Leap-style; put right what once went wrong etc---with "Batwoman Begins" being the pseudo-prequel/pilot to her solo book...the one-shot prologue makes three. I mean, yes, it's probably going to make perfect narrative sense for there to be this large an investment, especially considering the only other character who got more than one was Harley, but at the same time---what?!

I'm nowhere near complaining but like seriously is this one long drawn out apology or something? Because the fact that she has exceeded Barbara Gordon in exposure is extremely surprising.

Babs:
    -Birds of Prey
    -Batgirl
    -Nightwing (cameos count)
    -DC Super Hero Girls
    -Bombshells (she was in that Annual)
    -Injustice

Kate:
    -Detective Comics
    -Batwoman
    -Nightwing
    -Batman
    -Bombshells
    -Mother Panic
    -Injustice (she got tossed into an alternate reality/forward in time about a few months let's be real)

Sorta just makes me chuckle all the more at "Batgirl: Year One". Really should've named yourself, Babs.

Yeah, it is. And doesn't that sort of make it her third "Rebirth"? I've been thinking about this a bit, and if you count "Rise of the Batmen" as her first---as you should since it brought her back to center Quantum Leap-style; put right what once went wrong etc---with "Batwoman Begins" being the pseudo-prequel/pilot to her solo book...the one-shot prologue makes three. I mean, yes, it's probably going to make perfect narrative sense for there to be this large an investment, especially considering the only other character who got more than one was Harley, but at the same time---what?!

I'm nowhere near complaining but like seriously is this one long drawn out apology or something? Because the fact that she has exceeded Barbara Gordon in exposure is extremely surprising.

Babs:
    -Birds of Prey
    -Batgirl
    -Nightwing (cameos count)
    -DC Super Hero Girls
    -Bombshells (she was in that Annual)
    -Injustice

Kate:
    -Detective Comics
    -Batwoman
    -Nightwing
    -Batman
    -Bombshells
    -Mother Panic
    -Injustice (she got tossed into an alternate reality/forward in time about a few months let's be real)

Sorta just makes me chuckle all the more at "Batgirl: Year One". Really should've named yourself, Babs.
    To be fair, her appearances in Batman and Nightwing were just part of a crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    To be fair, her appearances in Batman and Nightwing were just part of a crossover.
    Very true, yes, but that's more or less what Babs was doing in those early Nightwing issues. Just saying it's weird.