Page 3 of 210 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatwomanFanHere View Post
    Became my favorite character due to Greg Rucka, JH Williams and Blackman. Really independent and capable woman but do not like her being related to Bruce Wayne and be part of the bat family. Also, have being feeling mixed about Marc andreyko's run.

Other than that, really loved her.
    Good to read and welcome.

Batwoman has gotten weird since I last read it. Can't imagine things getting any better, but I do like Marc Andreyko's writing.

I think Kate definitely received one of the cooler steam-punk variants...

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Default Klaus Janson variant cover artwork for Batwoman #33

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    They would make such a great duo in a team up book.

Enjoying the character and book a great deal. This was my first exposure to her, and I have not been disappointed. She's a very complex person, and that leaves room for all kinds of interesting plots and conflicts. She's got a ton of family conflict; sister, cousin, father, mother, etc., her personal life, her struggles with the DEO, not to mention the tenuous connection to Batman.

I wonder what everyone thinks could be the fate of the character post-"Batwoman". Not to be a doomsayer, but if the book's sales aren't wonderful...I think she works well in a two person team-up, but I can't honestly see her part of the JLA or Outsiders, or...anybody, really, unless they craft a whole new book where she 'might' fit in. I'd hate to lose her, but I wouldn't want her watered down for the sake of a team book, either.

Maybe Birds of Prey?

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    But the pale look is why we like her!

The lack-of-vitamin-E-efficiency just gives her a vampiric look, and that's perfect considering that fear is a necessary component, in her war against crime.

I'm sure most people would piss their pants if they saw a giant, pale, redheaded Bat come after them. Hence why the alabaster skin tone works for her.
    Agree with all of that, plus, let's face it...90 percent of female comic characters look the same...impossible build, blond or brunette hair, standard Caucasian skin tone. Kate's different appearance is one of many things that set her off from the rest and I welcome it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Does this woman ever go to the tanning booths?
    Nope. And and you know what ? Thats good because in a way she is more scary than Batman because of that. And it add a mystical element to Batwoman. Her skin tone matches the tone of her book.

Quote Originally Posted by elect1cgoblin View Post
    Enjoying the character and book a great deal. This was my first exposure to her, and I have not been disappointed. She's a very complex person, and that leaves room for all kinds of interesting plots and conflicts. She's got a ton of family conflict; sister, cousin, father, mother, etc., her personal life, her struggles with the DEO, not to mention the tenuous connection to Batman.

I wonder what everyone thinks could be the fate of the character post-"Batwoman". Not to be a doomsayer, but if the book's sales aren't wonderful...I think she works well in a two person team-up, but I can't honestly see her part of the JLA or Outsiders, or...anybody, really, unless they craft a whole new book where she 'might' fit in. I'd hate to lose her, but I wouldn't want her watered down for the sake of a team book, either.

Maybe Birds of Prey?
    It is kind of hard to picture, but a ton of great things have been born from low expectations. In my opinion she could realistically fit in several places. As it stands half the book is already filled with side characters, and its usually the stuff that drags the product down. If they can keep superhero Kate and personal life Kate material intact, the stuff that makes the comic great to read, then just about anything else can fill up the rest of the pages.

I also gotta say... she has to be the most visual appealing superhero in comics. I always find myself pausing in awe at the images when reading.

Kate meeting Batman for the first time in Secret Origins #3

Secret Origins 3 page 18.jpg

and Kate donning the costume for the first time.

Secret Origins 3 page 21.jpg
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

They are almost line-for-line repeats of the the original scenes. Glad I skipped the issue and that Secret Origins is being so upfront about what it is; the most basic versions of the origin told as straightforwardly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    They are almost line-for-line repeats of the the original scenes. Glad I skipped the issue and that Secret Origins is being so upfront about what it is; the most basic versions of the origin told as straightforwardly as possible.
    They do basically just look like some straightforward stories to establish who these characters are... Which, given some things are still up in the air thanks to the New52 (and Batwoman as a book has not been exempt from this, given what happened with Bette and the Titans references), it's not a bad idea. But for the people who have Elegy in trade, it's not really gonna be necessary, nor will it look as good as JHW3 channeling Mazzucchelli.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post