Page 4 of 210 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Last edited by Enigmatic Undead; 07-03-2014 at 07:11 PM.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post

Breathtaking.

Fantastic Member

I am just afraid with Batwoman sales falling, the title will be cancelled before the end of the year. However they did let Batwing continue on way past cancellation level so maybe there is hope.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    I am just afraid with Batwoman sales falling, the title will be cancelled before the end of the year. However they did let Batwing continue on way past cancellation level so maybe there is hope.
    If DC cancels her book I propose this : Make her join Batman Inc. and launch another Batman Inc. book but this time focused on all Bat Inc. characters such as her and Batwing. And relaunch her book at a later date of course.
    Last edited by Bat007007; 07-04-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    She's not going anywhere lol. Relax.

Based on August's solits, Marc and DC are planning something big for her in Q4. At the very least, she's got until next summer, probably longer. They don't want (or need!) the controversy.

(That rooftop picture is gorgeous btw.)

What's the consensus on Andreyko's run on the title? Kate's tales in Detective Comics under Rucka/Williams stand as some of my favorite comic issues ever and I read a decent amount of the current volume of Batwoman before I stopped reading comics all together for a bit (around #14 I think?). I know things didn't end amicably between Blackman/Williams and D.C. and the company's decision making pisses me off from what I read it involved, but should I get back into it and support the title? Is Andreyko's writing worth it? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Fan of bats, spiders, devils and crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by OlOneEyed View Post
    What's the consensus on Andreyko's run on the title?... Is Andreyko's writing worth it? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Eh, it's OK.

I loved Rucka's run, and enjoyed Blackman/Williams. Andreyko's has been good enough to keep me reading (the annual was terrible, but I can't really blame Andreyko for that.) I think Andreyko's work is strong when he's focused on Kate's personal life and relationships, but less so when he switches over to the superheroics. With Rucka and Blackman/Williams there was a clear theme and a sharp focus to the book and that is what I think has been lost with the new creative team, the book now, while not bad, just feels a bit bland to me. I'm still reading it, but honestly I could drop it and not really miss it all that much at this point.
    If you are not reading Lazarus, you should be.

I've recently started reading Batwoman(I'm only on issue 11), but I have a question regarding reading order... From what I've gathered, the Annual is a conclusion to arc that was left open in issue 24. Does this mean I should read it before 25? Or does the Annual occur chronologically in tandem with when it was published? Hopefully that made sense... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Noviere View Post
    I've recently started reading Batwoman(I'm only on issue 11), but I have a question regarding reading order... From what I've gathered, the Annual is a conclusion to arc that was left open in issue 24. Does this mean I should read it before 25? Or does the Annual occur chronologically in tandem with when it was published? Hopefully that made sense... :P
    Read it after 24. And go in with low expectations

What's the consensus on Andreyko's run on the title? Kate's tales in Detective Comics under Rucka/Williams stand as some of my favorite comic issues ever and I read a decent amount of the current volume of Batwoman before I stopped reading comics all together for a bit (around #14 I think?). I know things didn't end amicably between Blackman/Williams and D.C. and the company's decision making pisses me off from what I read it involved, but should I get back into it and support the title? Is Andreyko's writing worth it? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Hi, residential Andreyko-fan boy, Williams-as-a-writer-hater here! You should absolutely support the title, it's Kate! I dropped off around the same time you did- maybe sooner- so I don't think I can fairly compare the two, and truthfully, it hasn't reached the heights of Rucka's flawless run, but I'm personally enjoying it a lot more than the W/B run. Marc's good with stories, but where he really shines is the characters. Everyone, from Kate to Maggie to Maggie's daughter to Kate's therapist, just feels so alive and they all have a distinctive voice. That alone carries the first arc with the Wolf Spider, which is a little dry when coming from all the supernatural stuff Kate's dealt with in the past. I think the current arc with Nocturna is gonna be something great though!

Give it a shot, especially if you're a Kate fan. Don't punish a great character and a great writer because of DC's d-bag tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Noviere View Post
    I don't think it matters? 25 is Zero Year and happens before the first issue anyway. Go ahead and read the annual first if you want.

As with anything, you don't really know until you try. Some people here will (and have) say it's worth picking up. Others will say it's not.

I'm with the others. If I'm being completely honest, I'm a pretty fickle person, so when the B&W controversy hit, I was all ready to drop Batwoman on priniciple. However, I do love Kate as a character and a genuinely good writer creating interesting and vibrant stories probably would have made it tougher for me to stand by those principles. As it turned out though, I did not have to compromise my ideals because a few issues of Andreyko's flat, dull, character-less Batwoman was enough for me to drop the title on its own lack of merits, regardless of the 'bigger picture'.

And with numbers dropping at a steady rate, it would seem that even those readers that stuck with the book after B&W's exit are now rapidly losing interest too.

I know we're a few months removed from the whole JHW controversy now, but does anybody know if he's ever come forward and revealed any of what his plans for the book HAD been? I've been rereading the whole series lately, and it's really made me curious as to how the whole "Bones as a Kane" thing would have gone, had it not been derailed by everything else. Also, the whole Kate/ Bette dynamic seemed to be significantly different, and was his final arc intended to be the final arc involving the DEO?

I know that technically, these threads have been resolved by Andreyko, but I'd love to know how they were initially intended to wrap up, considering how well crafted those storylines had been, and how they felt to be building to something bigger and bigger.

Thanks!

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

I don't know if this fits your criteria, but I found this: J.H. Williams III Teases Abandoned 'Batwoman' Plans.

It does speak of the things J.H wanted to resolve, but it doesn't go into great detail about them.

As with the whole debate about Andreyko, I'm slowly working my way into his run.

I've found the few issues I've read enjoyable for the most part, but I find myself too hampered by the disappointment of the way DC has treated Kate to enjoy it too much. It's sad Marc has to bear the brunt of the fall out.

And I like him too. Andreyko once sent me a bunch of free comics (Manhunter, for those wondering) and I've been a fan of his ever since. I get the sense that he's just trying to do the most with what he's been given, though sadly, he's been tasked with something quite difficult. I hope the series picks up, and the readers put off by the unfortunate way Kate has been treated, will eventually be brought back into the fold.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

Pharah x Mercy
    There is a land called passive-agressiva, and I am their queen.

Default On a brighter note

At least Kate is allowed to marry in the Injustice 'verse.

The only bad thing about this is my heart is torn in half, because I ship Kate and Maggie as well.

Nonetheless, I'm happy that at least one of my couples are together and married (even if it is in an AU).
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you ~ Pharoahe Monch

I like ladies who wear purple | Kate Bishop | Helena Bertinelli

Wonder Woman is The Love of My Life | Forza Azzurri

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    At least Kate is allowed to marry in the Injustice 'verse.

The only bad thing about this is my heart is torn in half, because I ship Kate and Maggie as well.

Nonetheless, I'm happy that at least one of my couples are together and married (even if it is in an AU).
    Injustice, one of the best DC books as we speak. Thank you Injustice writers. Thank you for fully respecting Batwoman wishes.