Page 5 of 210 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beetlebum View Post
    I don't know if this fits your criteria, but I found this: J.H. Williams III Teases Abandoned 'Batwoman' Plans.
    Wow. This is equal parts fascinating and heartbreaking.

It's not that I haven't appreciated what Andreyko has brought to the book, but it's definitely missing the gravitas and the heart the previous team provided...

[QUOTE=beetlebum;337609]

QUOTE]

You know, I don't need these two still together, because I love Maggie and Kate, but I really love their history. I wish we could have more stories where they interact, either as flashbacks, or to see how their chemistry translates to the Nu52.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Stanley Lau's concept for this statue is fantastic. I just got this statue, and I love it, but I'm bummed DC didn't go with this and instead decided to give her the grappling gun.

This thing is cast porcelain, I think. It feels so fragile, like it was made to snap off. But mostly, "just hands" would be so much cooler to me than grappling gun. Still, looks cool as hell in my office.

I'm am sticking with the Andreyko/Haun run, but only out of sheer willfulness and love of the character. Both story and art have been middling to me. Looking forward to the shift in artist. Georges Jeanty is hit and miss for me, but I will enjoy the change of pace. Plus, bringing in monster-y supporting characters should be fun for a bit.

We'll see...

EDIT: Talkin' about Batwoman 35.

Last edited by heiro5; 07-24-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Also, saw this cosplay. Pretty good, but she's got her bracers spun all backwards. Whaat..?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by heiro5 View Post
    EDIT: Talkin' about Batwoman 35.

She is going to be the leader of a group ? If confirmed, thats welcome. She deserves it. Every members of the Bat army should be leader.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    She is going to be the leader of a group ? If confirmed, thats welcome. She deserves it. Every members of the Bat army should be leader.
    Not totally clear. The DC page says:

The new storyline “Batwoman and the Unknowns” starts now with new artist Georges Jeanty (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)! Batwoman is neck-deep in danger with her new allies Ragman, The Demon, Clayface and Red Alice! What is going on and how did Batwoman end up here? Find out beginning in this issue!
    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/batwo...11/batwoman-35

So it kind of sounds like it, but maybe they are just in the story and on her side..? And is this an ongoing situation or just a single story arc? We'll see.

Dave Stokes
    http://stokesbook.deviantart.com/art...shed-160700809

Pryce14
    http://pryce14.deviantart.com/art/BATWOMAN-397042986

Cameron Stewart

Pre-redesign, 52 costume. Dan Brereton

Adi Granov

Adam Hughes, makin' me laugh. Nightwing... nope! Batman... nope! Catwoman... Oh, yeah!

Skyscraper48

Joel Gomez

Howdy Captain

Stjepan Sejic sneaking Batwoman into this bat-sketch. Would love to see a fully rendered Batwoman by him.
    http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/b...e-XD-302252425

Luciano Vecchio
    http://lucianovecchio.deviantart.com...oman-340218515

Incredible Member

So with Batwoman joining a team of other supernatural characters, do you think she should stick to using only technology against magic and the supernatural? Or do you think she'd be pretty cool as a vampire (which is being hinted at) or knowing a little magic. Imagine an arc with her teaming up with Zatanna! How awesome would that be?

Stjepan Sejic... Would love to see a fully rendered Batwoman by him.
    Yeah, like this. Now where's her heroic single shot??! haha!
    http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/b...yles-313667720

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    So with Batwoman joining a team of other supernatural characters, do you think she should stick to using only technology against magic and the supernatural? Or do you think she'd be pretty cool as a vampire (which is being hinted at) or knowing a little magic. Imagine an arc with her teaming up with Zatanna! How awesome would that be?
    I would be a bit bummed if she were converted into a vampire, but I think it would be good tactics and very fun story-wise if she finally decides to learn some magic given that she keeps coming up against the supernatural.

Mahmud Asrar
    http://mahmudasrar.com/post/43414448...ommission-this

Incredible Member

I would be a bit bummed if she were converted into a vampire, but I think it would be good tactics and very fun story-wise if she finally decides to learn some magic given that she keeps coming up against the supernatural.
    I agree that the vampire angle is a little tacky. I do think it'd be cool if she learned some basic magic, though. But I also like the idea of Kate having to really think about ways to take down magical and supernatural beings that don't require punching. Like in the first arc of the New 52 when she we saw her meditating to figure out how to take down La Llorona. That was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    But I also like the idea of Kate having to really think about ways to take down magical and supernatural beings that don't require punching. Like in the first arc of the New 52 when she we saw her meditating to figure out how to take down La Llorona. That was nice.
    Yeah, I'm totally cool with this angle too, which I honestly think is how they will continue to develop her in a supernatural context.

Incredible Member

Yeah, I'm totally cool with this angle too, which I honestly think is how they will continue to develop her in a supernatural context.
    Probably. But I'd still love a Zatanna team-up. Or another one with Wonder Woman. I definitely think Kate deserves to be promoted to the DCU at large. Put her in JLD or have her appear in an issue of Batman (I really do think Kate should know Bruce is Batman. And Selina should too, for that matter). Rotate her in and out of the Birds of Prey with Babs so we can see her kick ass with Dinah. I'd just like for more people to recognize Kate. She's just such an awesome character.