Page 53 of 210 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Am I weird in hoping that time travel isn't involved in this storyline?
    No, but there's also not really a lot of other options for an older Kate appearing "soon".
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    No, but there's also not really a lot of other options for an older Kate appearing "soon".
    Could be like that (kinda terrible) Robin storyline where Batman pretends to be himself from the future (or has Alfred do it) to "test" Tim.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I take it I'm alone in thinking that she doesn't actually look that much older in that shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    I take it I'm alone in thinking that she doesn't actually look that much older in that shot?
    Maybe? I mean, she has crow's feet and her hair's lost a bit of color. Her face looks more worn.

Compare the faces and hair color:

Screenshot_20170425-221625.jpg

Screenshot_20170425-221833.jpg

Screenshot_20170425-222008.jpg
    Last edited by Caivu; 04-25-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Just caught up with this Book! Really enjoying it. I dropped the Nu52 one after the Rucka Williams combo left, that art was gorgeous, so do I need to know anything about the previous series. I get the impression that the characters introduced in issue two are new, but I just want to be sure

Quote Originally Posted by RebirthgotmebackintoDC View Post
    Just caught up with this Book! Really enjoying it. I dropped the Nu52 one after the Rucka Williams combo left, that art was gorgeous, so do I need to know anything about the previous series. I get the impression that the characters introduced in issue two are new, but I just want to be sure
    Yes, Coryana and everyone on it so far are completely new.

So far I don't think there's anything you need to know from vols. 5 and 6 of the first series. Alice is eventually returning in the current series, and they might reference the time she in vol. 6 when she briefly turned good, since it seems like she'll have relapsed since then and possibly become more formidable.

Edit: I guess there's also the reason why Bette is apparently no longer superheroing, which came from vol. 5. She got sidelined for over a month after getting her ribs broken and I guess decided to do something more legitimate, which is why she took after Kate and enrolled at West Point.
    Last edited by Caivu; 04-25-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Maybe a hospital, or maybe whatever injury she has is technologically-based since the villain for this story is a robot, and can be fixed there. Like she inhaled nanobots or something.
    Well, I mentioned this a few pages back as an explanation for why Luke is taking Kate to FoxTech... and now the Colony (or rather, the General) has developed a nanobot-based weapon in 'Tec #955. So that's interesting. It's looking like it's going to backfire and mess her up bad.

Well, I mentioned this a few pages back as an explanation for why Luke is taking Kate to FoxTech... and now the Colony (or rather, the General) has developed a nanobot-based weapon in 'Tec #955. So that's interesting. It's looking like it's going to backfire and mess her up bad.
    Why do you think she's injured again? That panel could easily be her just...being carried for the sight gag. Even if riding on his back would be funnier, like that time Maggie did with Superman when Skyhook kidnapped her daughter. Besides, this would happen a decent amount of time after this current arc, so if Kate inhaled nanobots that set themselves on fire and never stop self-replicating she'd be long dead by then. Probably not even a corpse, depending on how hot the nanites burn.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgmanX View Post
    Why do you think she's injured again? That panel could easily be her just...being carried for the sight gag. Even if riding on his back would be funnier, like that time Maggie did with Superman when Skyhook kidnapped her daughter. Besides, this would happen a decent amount of time after this current arc, so if Kate inhaled nanobots that set themselves on fire and never stop self-replicating she'd be long dead by then. Probably not even a corpse, depending on how hot the nanites burn.
    The combination of her expression and the way her right hand is posed are screaming at me that something's wrong with her. They both look relatively lifeless to me. It also raises the question of why, if she's not unwell, she's not holding on with both arms?
    As for the nanites (if those are what indeed end up injuring her), the way I'm picturing it is that they get onto her system somehow, like being inhaled, but they don't get activated.

Is it known if Kate will be a mainstay in Detective? Or is it possible(likely) she'll be rotated out?

Quote Originally Posted by btmarine23 View Post
    Is it known if Kate will be a mainstay in Detective? Or is it possible(likely) she'll be rotated out?
    Tynion has repeatedly said she's staying.

By Yusuf Idris:

IMG_20170428_194045.jpg

The only good thing I can say about the hostage situation in that recent 'Tec issue is that maybe Kate wasn't too freaked-out about the situation - because it probably wasn't the first time she's been tied-up naked by an aggressive woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    The only good thing I can say about the hostage situation in that recent 'Tec issue is that maybe Kate wasn't too freaked-out about the situation - because it probably wasn't the first time she's been tied-up naked by an aggressive woman.
    I still don't know how I feel about that scene in light of the whole "being involuntarily stripped" thing, since Kate was raped within the past year in-universe.

On the one hand, there was nothing sexual about the situation other than the nudity, Kate's always had a pretty hefty amount of mental fortitude, she had two allies nearby in the exact same situation, and she was almost certainly running on adrenline at that point (as were Luke and JPV) to just suck up an impalement like that. And she does have a history of shrugging off stab wounds.

But on the other hand... even ignoring the stuff with Nocturna, I recall the scene in Elegy where Kate makes clear that both her kidnappings greatly distressed her (surprise surprise), in large part because she was tied up and helpless both times.

So I dunno. There's enough leeway here that I guess I can be okay with it, and I wasn't expecting her to have a breakdown or anything, but still.
    Last edited by Caivu; 04-29-2017 at 08:32 PM.

I still don't know how I feel about that scene in light of the whole "being involuntarily stripped" thing, since Kate was raped within the past year in-universe.

On the one hand, there was nothing sexual about the situation other than the nudity, Kate's always had a pretty hefty amount of mental fortitude, she had two allies nearby in the exact same situation, and she was almost certainly running on adrenline at that point (as were Luke and JPV) to just suck up an impalement like that. And she does have a history of shrugging off stab wounds.
    Oh, it was definitely offensive, and I don't think the writer necessarily thought that one through properly, and the implications. Which is why I was trying to make lite of it.

In any case, I expect that finding Batwing and JPV were there calmed her down some. Initially when she wakes she starts fretting, when she calls for help, then when the others reveal themselves she calms and starts trying to take leadership. No doubt she puts on extra bravado for her teammates, and only freaks-out in private when possible. She only shows her weaknesses to her father and those she's in a close relationship with, like when she cried in Maggie's arms.