Page 55 of 210 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why would there be such a steep drop though? Title attrition or something?
    Drops like this are pretty normal during the first issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why would there be such a steep drop though? Title attrition or something?
    Collectors buying #1s but not the rest of the series. Also less variants for #2. The drop between a #2 and a #3 is more telling. Super Sons, for example, dropped from #4 to #42 or thereabouts between #1 and #2, but with April's #3 it ranked 45th.

Rankings-wise this is still a big drop though, especially compared to the previous series. I'm hoping Batwoman #2 managed at least close to 40k, because it's rapidly running out of wiggle room here. But I've also read April was a low month.

Also, more people might be buying it digitally than in print, because it's made the Comixology Top 20 each month so far.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-07-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Issh. I really, really think that the bump to $4 an issue for the once a month is a really, really bad idea. It's going to kill off the tangential market.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Issh. I really, really think that the bump to $4 an issue for the once a month is a really, really bad idea. It's going to kill off the tangential market.
    I don't think that had as big of an effect. Look at Super Sons. A massive (close to 50%) dropoff from issue #1 to issue #2, before the price increase. Stabilized at issue #3 at 45th, down from 42nd. That's why the drop from #2 to #3 is a better indicator of where a book will be long-term.

The one good thing I can say about this, assuming it did about 35k for April, is that with the standard (at least, that I've heard) month-to-month attrition rate of 2%, it'll still make it into the 30s before it drops under 20k. It's just discouraging that it has to pretty much do perfectly if that's the case.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-07-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I don't think that had as big of an effect. Look at Super Sons. A massive (close to 50%) dropoff from issue #1 to issue #2, before the price increase. Stabilized at issue #3 at 45th, down from 42nd. That's why the drop from #2 to #3 is a better indicator of where a book will be long-term.

The one good thing I can say about this, assuming it did about 35k for April, is that with the standard (at least, that I've heard) month-to-month attrition rate of 2%, it'll still make it into the 30s before it drops under 20k. It's just discouraging that it has to pretty much do perfectly if that's the case.
    I did not know that about Super Sons. That's a good point. I hope that it's good and lasts for a good long time, to wipe out Andreyko's run from our memory (and get Bette and Julia and Beth/Alice entrenched as solid characters for all writers to use.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

And there have been wore drops, look at Iron Fist it was last month on number 5 now it is on number 77.

Btw. it doesn't seem like the price increase had a big effect on the sales sofar.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    And there have been wore drops, look at Iron Fist it was last month on number 5 now it is on number 77.

Btw. it doesn't seem like the price increase had a big effect on the sales sofar.
    I hope you are right. I want Batwoman and Super Sons and Birds of Prey to hold on!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I hope you are right. I want Batwoman and Super Sons and Birds of Prey to hold on!
    At least when you compare this top 100 with the previous one mostof the series (appart from the just lauched like Batwoman) that were effected by the price increase are still on a similar place in the ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    At least when you compare this top 100 with the previous one mostof the series (appart from the just lauched like Batwoman) that were effected by the price increase are still on a similar place in the ranking.
    I will hope they all hold steady, then!

Numbers!

Screenshot_20170508-112159.jpg

That's about a 39% decrease from March, which is higher than what I understand to be the typical attrition rate of 35% from an issue 1 to an issue 2. However, since #2 was still returnable, the actual number is close to 37k, making for a less-than-average drop. Close, but good.

Also good is that it's still within the top 50 in terms of dollars. Again, still close, but it's there.

Extraordinary Member

However, since #2 was still returnable, the actual number is close to 37k, making for a less-than-average drop.
    If you factor in that the numbers for the issue #1 are also adjusted for beeing returnable, the drop stays roughly the same.

Looks like Kate will play a significant role in Nightwing: The New Order:

IMG_-3s2kfb.jpg

Unlikely as it is, it'd be awesome if this universe is where Colony!Kate is from. It does take place 10-20 years in the future.

IMG_-3s2kfb.jpg

Unlikely as it is, it'd be awesome if this universe is where Colony!Kate is from. It does take place 10-20 years in the future.
    But would this be the same Batwoman? MAYBE IT'S BETTE!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Sweet!!!!!!!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Your comment reminds me of an older Teen/titans story that has Bette "involved" with Tim and also taking on the mantel of Batwoman. I believe this comes from earlier than the Kate/NewBatWoman debut in 52 series. I've only seen some pages/panels from that story, never the whole story.