Page 57 of 210 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

The mods over on r/DCComics voted on the best comics of the New 52, and the Williams/Blackman run tied for 11th place!

Screenshot_20170520-005959.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

link to the full list please.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    The mods over on r/DCComics voted on the best comics of the New 52, and the Williams/Blackman run tied for 11th place!

Screenshot_20170520-005959.jpg
    That is a weird list, to be sure. Two of them I would agree are quality (Batwoman and Catwoman), one has a very popular novellist writing it, the other is...ugh.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    link to the full list please.
    http://imgur.com/a/JZ0iQ
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

That's...actually a rather good list, usually these tend to be silly (CBR) but with the exception of Simone Batgirl and Supergirl I can accept it and those they put under personal recommendation.

More sketch covers.

By Allen Spears:

Screenshot_20170521-020810.jpg

By Sean Forney:

IMG_20170521_090339.jpg

By Shane McCormack:

Screenshot_20170520-184451.jpg

BANNED

"BATWOMAN #6

Written by Marguerite Bennett, James Tynion IV, art and cover Eddy Barrows, variant cover by Michael Cho.

"Open Fire," part one! Return to the brief flash of the future seen in Batwoman: Rebirth and meet Commander Kane -- a battle-hardened version of Batwoman! Hurting from battles unknown, she's taken control of the deadly Colony and declared war on Gotham City! What could possibly cause Kate Kane to bring the battlefront to her home? Find out here!

32 pages, $3.99, in stores on August 16."

Okay seriously, is it a rule that everyone in the Batfamily has to become a villain at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    "BATWOMAN #6

Written by Marguerite Bennett, James Tynion IV, art and cover Eddy Barrows, variant cover by Michael Cho.

"Open Fire," part one! Return to the brief flash of the future seen in Batwoman: Rebirth and meet Commander Kane -- a battle-hardened version of Batwoman! Hurting from battles unknown, she's taken control of the deadly Colony and declared war on Gotham City! What could possibly cause Kate Kane to bring the battlefront to her home? Find out here!

Okay seriously, is it a rule that everyone in the Batfamily has to become a villain at some point?
    So is this the actual future or just a future? Interesting either way

"BATWOMAN #6

First of all: where did you get this? Did the solicits release early? I didn't see them on Newsarama yet.

And second, This was shown in the Rebirth issue. It's not a surprise. The question is how she gets there. Interviews have mentioned that this series is going to explore what happens when Kate gets her Batwoman status ripped away from her; before, when she left the Army, she eventually found a new purpose. But she doesn't have a Plan C, and her moral code, while pretty black-and-white, has always edged into a darker territory than Batman's has. And plus, we don't know that she's an actual villain. I mean, the Colony themselves aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    So is this the actual future or just a future? Interesting either way
    I'm hoping we find out! I don't want this to answer all the questions and hope it's just a preview for a future story, but I'm glad the teaser from the Rebirth issue isn't being put on complete hold for twelve issues or whatever. Though this does put off what I had hoped this issue would be (a flashback to how Kate and Julia first met) a while longer.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-22-2017 at 02:04 PM.

BANNED

First of all: where did you get this? Did the solicits release early? I didn't see them on Newsarama yet.

And second, This was shown in the Rebirth issue. It's not a surprise. The question is how she gets there. Interviews have mentioned that this series is going to explore what happens when Kate gets her Batwoman status ripped away from her; before, when she left the Army, she eventually found a new purpose. But she doesn't have a Plan C, and her moral code, while pretty black-and-white, has always edged into a darker territory than Batman's has. And plus, we don't know that she's an actual villain. I mean, the Colony themselves aren't.
    Found them here: http://www.newsarama.com/34577-dc-co...citations.html

As for the other thing, I don't read Batwoman so I didn't know about this. Neat sounding ideas from the interview though, although it does make me wonder what made her stop being Batwoman. (Which is good; our attention should be hooked)

Oh, and as for the Colony? I'm not sure if this makes sense, but while I wouldn't call them evil, except for certain members, I do still classify them as villains, and not just antagonists. Their actions in my book have crossed that line.

But where'd you get the address before they were actually released?

Also, I just noticed that "Open Fire" isn't a single issue. I'm guessing a two-parter, since the Volume 1 trade contains 168 pages, so that would be 8 issues of 21 pages (the Rebirth issues, the first arc, and this story). Meaning the second arc (with Scarecrow) starts on issue #8, most likely.

Let's not forget the cover:

IMG_jb83wh.jpg

A panel from issue #4:

Screenshot_20170522-171015.jpg

Dammit Kate stop throwing things at her and reaching into your belt for stuff and just punch her in the face
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-22-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Also, I just noticed that "Open Fire" isn't a single issue. I'm guessing a two-parter, since the Volume 1 trade contains 168 pages, so that would be 8 issues of 21 pages (the Rebirth issues, the first arc, and this story). Meaning the second arc (with Scarecrow) starts on issue #8, most likely.
    Confirmed! I think...

Screenshot_20170522-180652.jpg