Page 62 of 210 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Today marks the one-year anniversary of Detective Comics #934.

Attachment 50375
    Woohoo! Here's to my favorite run of Rebirth so far!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Today marks the one-year anniversary of Detective Comics #934.

Attachment 50375
    Can't believe it's already been one year. Time just flies
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Batwoman amd The Question by Penelope R. Gaylord:

Screenshot_20170608-142336.jpg

Batwoman by Dan Asfour:

Screenshot_20170608-194830.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

A uniform redesign by Yasmin Liang:

e88febab-9587-44b9-8768-70e09aff8c76.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Seems very Burnside-esque...

So... leaving behind the obvious meta stuff surrounding the end of Batman #24, how do we think Kate will react to this? Assuming Selina says yes, of course.

It's tricky, because Kate and Selina have never been shown interacting so their status quo is up in the air, but I don't think she'd be okay with this given how black-and-white her perspective tends to be. It could cause some friction with Clayface, too ("You can't marry her, Bruce, she's a criminal!" "Uh, so was I." etc.)
    Wow, I have to just completely disagree with you on this one. Kate can veer into "black and white" mode, but if memory serves that only happens when things have gotten extremely personal and her judgement is clouded. Read: her dad. Everything else has been, for the most part, pretty grey...in a sense. It's more like...her sense of purpose is black and white (if she has one, she's good. If not, everything is on fire) but her actions within that framework are nowhere near as absolute as Bruce. Night of the Monster Men, though lacking nuance in most areas, portrayed this pretty well, if rather bluntly.

Anyway, with that in mind, I think she'd be more focused on how this affects Bruce emotionally rather than the "logistics" of marrying and loving a thief. If it makes him happy, and Selina is also happy...it'd be pretty crappy of her to start taking a moral high ground especially when it comes to matters of the heart. Remember how her dating history is kind of, uh, really shady? I guess we'll find out next month if she'd have actually stayed with Safiyah had "the thing" not made her choose to leave, but even still. This'd be just weird if it was an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgmanX View Post
    Wow, I have to just completely disagree with you on this one. Kate can veer into "black and white" mode, but if memory serves that only happens when things have gotten extremely personal and her judgement is clouded. Read: her dad. Everything else has been, for the most part, pretty grey...in a sense. It's more like...her sense of purpose is black and white (if she has one, she's good. If not, everything is on fire) but her actions within that framework are nowhere near as absolute as Bruce. Night of the Monster Men, though lacking nuance in most areas, portrayed this pretty well, if rather bluntly.
    I may have been unclear. Yes, I agree that in terms of actions, she's more gray, but her morals tend to be less flexible than that. She's not Rorschach or anything, but still.

Anyway, with that in mind, I think she'd be more focused on how this affects Bruce emotionally rather than the "logistics" of marrying and loving a thief. If it makes him happy, and Selina is also happy...it'd be pretty crappy of her to start taking a moral high ground especially when it comes to matters of the heart. Remember how her dating history is kind of, uh, really shady? I guess we'll find out next month if she'd have actually stayed with Safiyah had "the thing" not made her choose to leave, but even still. This'd be just weird if it was an issue.
    I think that slight hypocrisy on her part might be interesting, though. Besides, even though she's had some shady romantic partners, she's never proposed to one, and she was with Safiyah when she was in a messed-up, negative, immature time in her life. Bruce doesn't have that excuse.

I will say that as interesting as I think that'd be, I'm leaning more toward your idea now.

Some in-progress print art by Elsa Charretier:

IMG_20170609_141316.jpg

Ultimate Member

I think it would also depend on the type. Selina might be a thief, but she's not a fundamentally evil/bad person, and she's risked her neck to help others before. So that might change how Kate views things to.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I think it would also depend on the type. Selina might be a thief, but she's not a fundamentally evil/bad person, and she's risked her neck to help others before. So that might change how Kate views things to.
    Yeah, that definitely makes it a bit tricky. They were both part of the final mission in B&RE, including being in the same room during the mopup of Mother's base, so they realistically would've seen each other there. And I don't think Kate of all people would find someone eliminating an entire terrorist network singlehandedly that objectionable (if she indeed doesn't know Selina's innocent of that).

I'm starting to change my view on this. Now I'm thinking she'd find it unwise, but would be okay with it if it makes Bruce happy (though she might still have some friction with him if he decides to leave the game entirely). I've thought for a while now that she and Selina should be roughly Seinfeld/Newman in their relationship, and that could still be true in this case.

By @jcdesign05 on Instagram:

BWFlat.JPG

So, the obvious choice for the actress referred to here (assuming it's supposed to be a reference to a real person, of course) is Kristen Stewart, but I've also heard someone bring up Kate Beckinsale:

Screenshot_20170609-142615.jpg

BANNED

Chastain is my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Chastain is my choice.
    She was in multiple vampire movies?

BANNED

She was in multiple vampire movies?
    Oops thought we were fan casting Kate.