Page 64 of 210 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Another piece by Chris Visions:

IMG_20170612_132243.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

No surprise that Kate made this list... but how did she rank?

http://www.cbr.com/pride-fighters-th...r-superheroes/

Sketch by Ben Oliver:

Screenshot_20170612-163423.jpg

Finally bit the bullet and decided to fill the gap in my shelf. Have ordered the trades of Andreyko's run, along with the new "Batwoman" volume that includes the entirety of the original Tec run, Cutter included

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    No surprise that Kate made this list... but how did she rank?

http://www.cbr.com/pride-fighters-th...r-superheroes/
    I guess she is probably the most important LGBT Superhero around, so no surprise there

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I guess she is probably the most important LGBT Superhero around, so no surprise there
    I was honestly surprised (though pleased, of course) to see her there.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Finally bit the bullet and decided to fill the gap in my shelf. Have ordered the trades of Andreyko's run, along with the new "Batwoman" volume that includes the entirety of the original Tec run, Cutter included
    Be sure to report back on how the new edition is! I haven't been able to determine if it also includes the Question backups (guessing no) or any extra material, like concept sketches and stuff.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-13-2017 at 08:33 AM.

I was honestly surprised (though pleased, of course) to see her there.
    The only one im suprised isnt above is WonderWoman, but I guess thats because its just been a recent development for her, not really explored.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Be sure to report back on how the new edition is! I haven't been able to determine if it also includes the Question backups (guessing no) or any extra material, like concept sketches and stuff.
    I don't know why the Question backups would be included, though - the title is "Batwoman," and she's not even a guest in the backups. I think a reprint of Pipeline would be good, though - as well as a first printing of Manhunter: Face the Face (the Streets of Gotham backups from around the same time).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't know why the Question backups would be included, though - the title is "Batwoman," and she's not even a guest in the backups. I think a reprint of Pipeline would be good, though - as well as a first printing of Manhunter: Face the Face (the Streets of Gotham backups from around the same time).
    I could see them being included just because they're part of the collected issues, but that also wouldn't make much sense because that story continues past issue #863. That's mainly why I don't think they will.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I could see them being included just because they're part of the collected issues, but that also wouldn't make much sense because that story continues past issue #863. That's mainly why I don't think they will.
    The only time I've seen backups collected like that is when they are directly connected to the main storyline(s) - such as the Wrath volume of n52 Tec, where the backups about Man-Bat were related to a lot of what was going on, or The Black Mirror, where the backups were more like a separate chapter of the story. Plus, as you say, the Pipeline backups continued for probably about five or six more issues than Rucka was writing the main feature.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    as well as a first printing of Manhunter: Face the Face (the Streets of Gotham backups from around the same time).
    That's another pesky gap in my shelf that I hope gets filled some day...

So, I'm doing a reread of the series so far to prepare for issue #4, partially to catch anything I may have missed or that's been recontextualized as new issues have been released. I plan to write a larger thing about this, but already two bits of dialogue have caught my eye. I may have discussed some of this before, but I don't remember.

Anyway:

Screenshot_20170614-134043.jpg

"Twins are the great untapped secret weapon of our time."

That smells of foreshadowing to me, especially with the reference to Gabi's death in the #4 solicit. Could it be that the twins were the actual target of the kidnapping, specifically because they were twins? If so, it raises the question of what Kate would've become had she not been rescued, since we can make some reasonable guesses about Beth. I've always figured that Gabi was the primary target, or at the very least the three of them were roughly equal in value to the kidnappers.

Screenshot_20170614-134114.jpg

"Your daddy can't help you now, soldier."

This one's a bit more straightforward. In context, Sophie's line relates to what she goes on to talk about (she and Kate's future in the Army) but until now it didn't occur to me that it probably also relates to their sparring. Because duh, right? It's what they're doing in this scene, after all.

It's a line that implies that Jacob "saved" Kate in some way, and that Sophie knows about it. I doubt it refers to the rescue operation, because that'd be pretty taboo to bring up.

Something I think works pretty elegantly is that Kate was on West Point's boxing team and was getting her ass kicked at a smoker several months or so prior (hell, maybe even by Sophie). Jacob was in attendance since he's a good dad, and he made his way ringside to give Kate some encouragement and pointers that allowed her to eke out a win. I dunno, maybe I'm reading into that too much.

More to come as I hopefully find more things.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-14-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Screencap of a warmup timelapse by Claire Rodriguez:

Screenshot_20170614-151537.jpg