Page 65 of 210 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

WIP by Sean Carroll:

Screenshot_20170614-171444.jpg

By Carlyle Wilson:

IMG_20170614_170330.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

By Ramon Villalobos:

971722c6-8e21-426e-abf7-155a6ac37709.jpg

And an update on Becca Rachlin's sketch cover:

Screenshot_20170614-201024.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

do you think we'll ever see kate in the movies?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    Ever? Sure. Soon? That I'm less confident about... but the huge success of Wonder Woman gives me more hope of that than I had, say, six months ago. If Batgirl does well, I could see it. Plus there have been rumors of her possibly being in Gotham City Sirens (which is a long shot).

I have mixed feelings on her joining the DCEU, because on the Gotham side of things, the story feels very late-stage. Batman's older than he's usually depicted, for example. If she were to be in it, having her be close to Bruce's age like she is in the comics would be the wrong way to go (because she'd either have started being Batwoman in her late 30s, or else was active this entire time and just wasn't referred to, which isn't ideal for a movie), but having her be 20 years younger also seems wrong.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-15-2017 at 10:30 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    That latter one looks kinda like Mother Panic
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That latter one looks kinda like Mother Panic
    Probably unintentional, but still fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    Possibly eventually but even then I highly doubt it.

By Jeff Dekal:

Screenshot_20170615-224618.jpg

Sketch cover by Devin Lawson:

Screenshot_20170615-225111.jpg

The Andreyko trades came in yesterday. Gotta love all the review snippets plastered all over the front and back covers. I particularly like the one that reads "Offers everything any fan of the character could ask for." (bonus, that quote is superimposed over the cover of Issue 34)

My eyes can only roll so much, guys.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    The Andreyko trades came in yesterday. Gotta love all the review snippets plastered all over the front and back covers. I particularly like the one that reads "Offers everything any fan of the character could ask for." (bonus, that quote is superimposed over the cover of Issue 34)

My eyes can only roll so much, guys.
    Bwahahaha. The Andreyko issues offered exactly two things I, as a fan, wanted: Jeremy Haun's art (and that was supplanted by the incredibly ugly art of the last arc), and Beth/Alice's return.

That's not everything, just saying.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Some more drinks.

download (5).jpg

- 2 1/4 cups sugar
    - 2 cups warm water
    - 1/2 cup coarsely cracked black pepper, plus 1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
    - 2 quarts strawberries, hulled and halved
    - 2 1/2 cups blanco tequila (20 ounces)
    - 1 1/4 cups fresh lime juice (10 ounces)
    -1 teaspoon salt
    - 1 lemon wedge
    - Ice

- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of the sugar with the warm water and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove the saucepan from the heat, stir in the 1/2 cup of coarsely cracked black pepper and let cool. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 3 hours.
    - Pour the black pepper syrup through a fine-mesh strainer into a large measuring cup.
    - In a large pitcher, muddle the halved strawberries. Add 2 1/4 cups of the black pepper syrup, the tequila and fresh lime juice (reserve the remaining black pepper syrup for another cocktail).
    - Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
    - On a small plate, mix the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar with the finely ground black pepper and the salt.
    - Moisten half of the outer rims of 10 rocks glasses with the lemon wedge and coat lightly with the pepper-and-salt mixture. Fill the rocks glasses with ice.
    - Stir the drink well, then pour or strain into the prepared rocks glasses and serve at once.

download.jpg

Over ice, layer:

- 1 shot of Southern Comfort

- 1 shot of Amaretto

- 1 shot of Grand Mariner
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-16-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Sketch cover by Richard Cox:

Screenshot_20170616-184547.jpg

By Amy Reeder:

IMG_20170616_161704.jpg

I'd also just like to reiterate one last time that I really do think these two trades should have been split up into three, with the first Annual tacked on to the end of This Blood is Thick, just for closure, even if it's not great closure.

To reiterate earlier points:

Six issues of Webs.

Material from Secret Origins + three issues of Nocturnal Species + Future's End.

Six issues of Unknowns + Annual 2.

End result: This Blood trade becomes a bit larger, Unknowns trade gets a little smaller, Webs is the same length as To Drown the World, and Nocturnal Species is roughly the size of the new Elegy trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    I'd also just like to reiterate one last time that I really do think these two trades should have been split up into three, with the first Annual tacked on to the end of This Blood is Thick, just for closure, even if it's not great closure.

To reiterate earlier points:

Six issues of Webs.

Material from Secret Origins + three issues of Nocturnal Species + Future's End.

Six issues of Unknowns + Annual 2.

End result: This Blood trade becomes a bit larger, Unknowns trade gets a little smaller, Webs is the same length as To Drown the World, and Nocturnal Species is roughly the size of the new Elegy trade.
    I do like the idea of putting the first annual in a logical place like that... but I think I like that DC didn't get money from an additional TPB even more. Not for that crap.