Page 7 of 210 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

So guys, what's your dream creative team on Batwoman? What's on your wishlist for the series?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DjessNL View Post
    So guys, what's your dream creative team on Batwoman? What's on your wishlist for the series?

Rucka as writer and JHW3 as artist.

Ultimate Member

I'd like to see Gail Simone take a shot at writing Batwoman as well. The stuff in her Batgirl run probably would have worked better in a Batwoman book imo. Rucka coming back would be really cool, and even Marjorie Liu (she's not doing much at the Big Two right now). As for art, JH Williams III would be idea, but someone like Stephanie Hans or Andrea Sorrentino could be really cool as well.

Quote Originally Posted by comic_nerd View Post
    WHOOPS! I got my wires seriously crossed here, I am so sorry. I was thinking of Wonder Woman with Azzarello and Batgirl's creative team leaving after #35. I meant to say JHW3 leaving after #26. I'm actually not familiar with the current creative team on it right now. I'm following Batwoman right now only in trades and I'm only up to volume 2, so I'm behind the current single issue run right now. My sincerest apologies!
    Not a problem, just wanted to be sure Marc is staying. So far, I'm enjoying his ideas for the book.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    Not a problem, just wanted to be sure Marc is staying. So far, I'm enjoying his ideas for the book.
    Yeah, I'd love to see Rucka return to Batwoman (or anything DC, actually) but Andreyko has a fan for life in me thanks to Manhunter. What a great book. He's doing a great job and the writing hasn't missed a beat.

The series' current issue is that going from JHW3 to anyone will seem like a step down, regardless of how great the art is. I was hoping for Sorrentino, but he's off to Marvel (where I will follow).

I got curious about Batwoman by reading Eternal and hearing about the upcoming storyarc. So I picked up Elegy and wow, I've been missing out on a great character and book. Now to play a little catch up. The only bummer is sales look a little on the low side, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled anytime soon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hsalf View Post
    I got curious about Batwoman by reading Eternal and hearing about the upcoming storyarc. So I picked up Elegy and wow, I've been missing out on a great character and book. Now to play a little catch up. The only bummer is sales look a little on the low side, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled anytime soon.
    Yeah, her sales for last month's issue were at approximately 24k, but as long as they stay in around there I doubt DC will cancel Batwoman. With all the new female led titles Marvel is launching, DC has something they don't, a lesbian female led book (and she's Jewish). Even with 24k, her book sold more than Green Arrow, Supergirl, Green Lantern: NG, JL3K, RHatO, Catwoman and other DC and Marvel books. So, let's hope the new direction brings in some new readers and keeps them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Yeah, her sales for last month's issue were at approximately 24k, but as long as they stay in around there I doubt DC will cancel Batwoman. With all the new female led titles Marvel is launching, DC has something they don't, a lesbian female led book (and she's Jewish). Even with 24k, her book sold more than Green Arrow, Supergirl, Green Lantern: NG, JL3K, RHatO, Catwoman and other DC and Marvel books. So, let's hope the new direction brings in some new readers and keeps them around.
    Yeah I hope the book sticks around. When I started getting back into comics this last spring (after a 15 year absence), as I knew nothing about the character, I passed on it. Glad Eternal gave her a bit of exposure.

Ultimate Member

I REALLY did not like how a certain plot point was handled in the latest issue. It didn't work for me at all. Also, that last scene makes me VERY conflicted.

Spectacular Member

Who do you guys want to see Batwoman up against in the future? And teaming up with?

Incredible Member

Who do you guys want to see Batwoman up against in the future? And teaming up with?
    Batwoman teaming up with Batman to take down Ra's Al Ghul and Lady Shiva. You know, to show people how badass Kate really is. And Ra's noticing her should increase her profile.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 08-22-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Incredible Member

Batwoman and Zatanna. Batwoman and Black Canary (maybe establish Dinah as bisexual?). Batwoman and Catwoman. Batwoman and Starling (somebody mentioned them having a one-night stand in a BoP thread. I think that'd be hysterical. Of course, Batwoman has to keep her mask on).

In terms of villains, I don't really know. I'd prefer for more additions to her rogues gallery. Although the Ra's and Lady Shiva suggestion sounds great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Yeah, her sales for last month's issue were at approximately 24k, but as long as they stay in around there I doubt DC will cancel Batwoman.
    I guess it depends how quickly (and how far) the Bombshell cover sales boost dissipates. Prior to June, #31's sales only hit about 18.5k. The Bombshell cover elevated #32 to around 33.5k, so the book has already lost almost 10,000 potential new readers in just one month.

The sort-of relaunch with the 'unknowns' arc starting in #35 might bring in some new readers, albeit those interested in the other characters. On the other hand, potentially turning Kate's solo book into essentially a team book might also alienate a few current readers if Kate is sidelined in her own title to accommodate four more characters.

Enjoyed her Wonder Woman team up. Yeah, I agree that a proper team up with Batman (where she isn't trying to expose him) would be a nice story. I also think Batgirl and Huntress are inevitable, so you might as well do them up right.

As far as villains, I personally would like to see her move away from the supernatural foes a bit and build her own rogue's gallery of criminals, terrorists, super spies, etc. Prometheus, maybe?