Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.B View Post
    #45.

Lawrence Dane: Polaris

Great stuff. Love the hair. Stays true to the original design and do I sense a nodded to Magneto in there?

Hopefully there's a Jubilee in there! Can't wait to see her redesign.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

I really enjoyed the Spider-Man Jam, so I'll enter this one too. I'll go for Number95.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Great stuff. Love the hair. Stays true to the original design and do I sense a nodded to Magneto in there?
    Thanks, there's a little nod to Magneto but I tried to keep it faithful to Lorna as possible.

Mighty Roman:
    I really enjoyed the Spider-Man Jam, so I'll enter this one too. I'll go for Number95.
    Great, you have selected: X-23
    ART JAM VI:House Of Mouse

V

IV

III

II

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.B View Post
    Great, you have selected: X-23
    O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    O_o

Wait a minute...something smells fishy...and it ain't no fish...

I thought a large part of the X-23 narrative was showing that she was more than 'girlverine'?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Nice work Genki Desu and R.E.B. Spasticat, I can't wait to see the rest of your masterpiece.

oh man, i forgot how to post an image.

To post a image use photobucket. Upload an image in photobucket and use image URL in image tab.Pasle the embed link and click the button.Hope it helps!!

Jams are always fun. Please give me #3.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

#23 Captain Britain

I know what you're thinking: if someone asks you to draw Captain Britain, but you wind up drawing an Indian Briton complete with a bindi who very much favors Wonder Woman, then it's time to put the sketchpad away and get some sleep. Lots and lots of sleep. Before you send me off to the insane asylum, hear me out.

Like his twin sister, Psylocke, I wanted Brian -- hereafter, "Bree'Ann" -- to have an ethnic conversion, as well as the prescribed gender swap. I was well on my way to putting Bree'Ann in the modern Captain Britain uniform when I recalled reading somewhere that writer Paul Cornell always considered Captain Britain as the Shazam of Marvel Comics. I gave it some thought. No, Shazam wouldn't work for Bree'Ann. No offense to Mary Marvel, but that isn't a fair comparison. Captain Britain is the enduring symbol of the world's greatest island nation. To my mind that sounds more like Wonder Woman than Shazam.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-09-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    #23 Captain Britain (Penultimate draft)

I know what you're thinking: if someone asks you to draw Captain Britain, but you wind up drawing an Indian Briton complete with a bindi who very much favors Wonder Woman, then it's time to put the sketchpad away and get some sleep. Lots and lots of sleep. Before you send me off to the insane asylum, here me out.

Like his twin sister, Psylocke, I wanted Brian -- hereafter, "Bree'Ann" -- to have an ethnic conversion, as well as the prescribed gender swap. I was well on my way to putting Bree'Ann in the modern Captain Britain uniform when I recalled reading somewhere that writer Paul Cornell always considered Captain Britain as the Shazam of Marvel Comics. I gave it some thought. No, Shazam wouldn't work for Bree'Ann. No offense to Mary Marvel, but that isn't a fair comparison. Captain Britain hailed from Otherworld to become an enduring symbol of the world's greatest island nation. To my mind that sounds more like Wonder Woman than Shazam.

Before I knew it, I had several sketches of Bree'Ann in various Amazonian-inspired costumes. This is the most recent iteration, but don't be surprised if I update it between now and the end of the week. By the by, this is just the grayscale image. I intend to fully color this piece when it's all said and done. For now, though. I'm off to get some sleep. Nite, all.

Attachment 17881
    She is gorgeous and elegant. Love that she's Indian and the thought process behind it. Great work JP! Can't wait to see it coloured.

Your Captain Britain is looking great so far Judicator, cant wait to see it colored.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurferSupreme View Post
    Jams are always fun. Please give me #3.
    Sure, you have selected: Hellion
    ART JAM VI:House Of Mouse

V

IV

III

II

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    #23 Captain Britain (Penultimate draft)

I know what you're thinking: if someone asks you to draw Captain Britain, but you wind up drawing an Indian Briton complete with a bindi who very much favors Wonder Woman, then it's time to put the sketchpad away and get some sleep. Lots and lots of sleep. Before you send me off to the insane asylum, here me out.

Like his twin sister, Psylocke, I wanted Brian -- hereafter, "Bree'Ann" -- to have an ethnic conversion, as well as the prescribed gender swap. I was well on my way to putting Bree'Ann in the modern Captain Britain uniform when I recalled reading somewhere that writer Paul Cornell always considered Captain Britain as the Shazam of Marvel Comics. I gave it some thought. No, Shazam wouldn't work for Bree'Ann. No offense to Mary Marvel, but that isn't a fair comparison. Captain Britain hailed from Otherworld to become an enduring symbol of the world's greatest island nation. To my mind that sounds more like Wonder Woman than Shazam.

Before I knew it, I had several sketches of Bree'Ann in various Amazonian-inspired costumes. This is the most recent iteration, but don't be surprised if I update it between now and the end of the week. By the by, this is just the grayscale image. I intend to fully color this piece when it's all said and done. For now, though. I'm off to get some sleep. Nite, all.

Attachment 17881
    Gorgeousness.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Jeez, there are some masterpieces here, and strongly argued! Congratulations!

My first sketches of She-Longshot:

This is a character so easy to turn into female, because of his natural charming and gratefulness (in fact, Mojo's servers designed a delicious one in UXM Annual #12). Nevertheless, it's funny, but I can't imagine a hottie curved woman for him --in my mind, a female Longshot is a skinny creature with kinda androgynous quality, so unaware of her sex-appeal as her male counterpart (this doesn't mean at all she's sexually inactive).

I'm trying to be true to the spirit of the original, drawing a joyful, happy-go-lucky, bouncy, nutty, anarchical girl. And true to the former design by Art Adams, too, observing these details that most of artists used to forget and that gave Longshot a distinct figure: black straight eyebrows, almond eyes, pointed fangs and those wonderfully long thighs.

The first picture is an orthodox one, scarcely altered. I simply made her custome a bit less heavy, shortening her sleeves and trouser legs in order to free her movements. Actually, I don't think she needs to wear shoes --after all, her skin was described as 'leather'. I put her blade cartridges in a waist belt and in an ankle brace --wristbands would have been great, but sadly her disguise is already too much similar to Black Widow's :/ . Finally, in spite of my lacking regard for tattoos, I decided to put her lucky star in her calf ^ ^ .

The second picture is a fantasy, just in case I had to make up a new costume (what would you prefer?). I think it's sensual without being so straightaway provocative --just as Longshot is. And, since she's got already sorta 'rude girl' haircut, I can't help but putting some checkered details in her disguise in order to make of her the first 'skatalitic' superheroine (oh if she could wear a hat!). I can't remember now another character in black and white squares, although I may be wrong --I guess most of artists would hate it XD .

Bonsly

I'll take number 106