Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

breaking news:
    in the latest issue So Jung Chan finally gets a clue. LOL. let's see what happens next.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Default Chapter 295

Ouch. Still needs more training.

And So Jung Chan soils his pants for the second time that day

Default Chapter 296

This is not Jung Chun's day.

spoilers:
    I knew it was poisoned as soon as he got the shoulder nick.

Is Chundomoon still headed by one of the Ten Great Masters, i.e. whoever beat out Jae-gal for the position? Or is it just So Chun Hyuk now?
    end of spoilers

Is Dokhengrang really just going to walk out of the story like that?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    This is not Jung Chun's day.

spoilers:
    I knew it was poisoned as soon as he got the shoulder nick.

Is Chundomoon still headed by one of the Ten Great Masters, i.e. whoever beat out Jae-gal for the position? Or is it just So Chun Hyuk now?
    end of spoilers

Is Dokhengrang really just going to walk out of the story like that?
    I was more surprised that Dokhengrang wasn't actually dead-- yeah, we've seen guys survive worse-- but he would have had a satisfying death IMO.

I wouldn't rule out his coming back after a time skip to teach Shioon something new. after all, Sosul got brought back after a very long hiatus. and Dokhengrang is actually pretty interesting compared to most of the other SUC.

he also gave us the impression that Nine Arts was a lesser man than his master--- so he might decide that Shioon needs to learn those techniques in order to bring about a better world or something. oh well, at least this way we might get to see him show up later. out of all of the SUC characters Cool Guy and Dokhengrang were the only ones I found interesting... because they had at least some sense of integrity and weren't cackling maniacs or snooty schemers.

if So Jung Chan gets killed part of me will be relieved-- but part of me will be disappointed because now he's finally got the chance to become interesting can't believe I'm about to say this... but I hope So Chun Hyuk saves him. it'd be nice to have him do something again. and So Jung Chan may yet have a useful purpose in the story.

Default Chapter 197

C'mon, say something! Pass on your info! Gaaahh, nevermind, he's dead, Jim I guess his body will have clues though.

Was his master Kangsung, or just a really bad case of sameface?

Default Chapter 198

So if Shioon really needs a master of the same style as GMR, that leaves Dokhengrang or the former Alliance chief. The latter would sure be interesting.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    So if Shioon really needs a master of the same style as GMR, that leaves Dokhengrang or the former Alliance chief. The latter would sure be interesting.
    that's for sure. the former Alliance chief came across like a complete douchebag in the past-- so if they can find a way to make him more sympathetic... well, I would be surprised. Dokhengrang already has some respect for Shioon and seems more probable. who knows, maybe it will end up being both of them. we already know that the former Alliance chief didn't learn all of the techniques... so maybe he'll be the start-up. although he'll probably just be a jerk and try to milk as much infrom from Shioon and toss him like an empty can of beer, then go for a rematch against Nine Arts and FINALLY get killed for real. (not that I'd have a problem with that)

Mighty Member

did we just have ANOTHER major character change sides? it's starting to get kinda predictable... but, wait, I actually liked this guy so if it's true then I guess I'm okay with that. and strangely enough I'm glad glasses dude survived... providing that he now starts showing basic competence at his job. he should also be nicer to his cute assistant. although I don't see HOW he survived that fight with Nine Arts. must have a character shield of the highest order. still, Shioon DOES need somebody with connections to the government to sort this whole thing out later.

Default Chapter 199, 200

Aw yeah, we're going the interesting route!

Can't believe Jae-gal survived getting blown through the head. He should be pretty dead now though.

A nice character chapter for Jinie, and a much-needed powerup.

Great news about Shioon's mom. I'm interested in how she'll react to everything. Also wondering if the story will ever follow up with Saehee, since Shioon's completely forgotten about her AFAICT, and she might've thought he was dead until he showed up on TV.

So, New Waves ended. Looks like we could be waiting a while for Part 3, while the author+artist take a break from Breaker and work on a different project.

I knew that mutant hobo doctor survived. But now he's definitely dead

Default Breaker Part 3 released!

Seven years and a format change later, we're finally getting The Breaker Part 3, Eternal Force. Six chapters have been released in an initial burst. Not sure if it's weekly after this, but hopefully!

I was hoping they'd hold the line on a classic page format, but at least the vertical scrolling strip still enables some cool panning shots: