Default Flashpoint: The Original Convergence

So, a lot of buzz is being made over Convergence, understandably so since its the biggest event DCs done since Flashpoint on the 30th anniversary of COIE. But it looks like Flashpoint of all things was supposed to be the original Convergence as detailed here:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/02/...t-convergence/

It seems DC was supposed to make the move to Burbank quite a few years ago but for some reason it got pushed. Flashpoint was supposed to be the fill in event that replaced the regular line during the move as Convergence is now. But the thing is, there wouldn't have been a reboot once Flashpoint ended!

Personally while I'm a fan of the N52, I would've liked for Morrison & Johns to get at least a couple more years to finish their runs so the two problematic characters of Batman & GL could be rebooted like the others were. Had the original plan gone down it's likely that's how things would've gone with Convergence being the "reboot event" later on down the road. What do you all think of these new details?

Both Flashpoint and convergence seem to be fill ins that can easily be skipped. There's probably more interesting stuff post convergence. Some titles seem quite stand alone such as the new title featuring Robin and his flying monster around the world.

Spectacular Member

I think nearly everyone knew Flashpoint was never meant to reboot the DCU due to the crappy obviousy added at last minute "reboot" bit. But nice to see confirmation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Yeah, this has been rumoured for a while.
    This is the first I have heard about it. It makes a great deal of sense to me. Here is hoping for the best with the post-Convergence DCU! I still some costumes are tweaked for the better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master X View Post
    I think nearly everyone knew Flashpoint was never meant to reboot the DCU due to the crappy obviousy added at last minute "reboot" bit. But nice to see confirmation.
    Only blind eyes couldn't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    This is the first I have heard about it. It makes a great deal of sense to me. Here is hoping for the best with the post-Convergence DCU! I still some costumes are tweaked for the better.
    Doesn't look like they're changing them bar Superman who's already got tweaked.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

They had to tweak the one DC52 costume change I liked. Never as a fan of the 'collar-less', but that new straight-edged collar looks so uncomfortable crisscrossing his adam's apple like that. I feel like choking just looking at it.
    Also, those fingerless gloves.... What is he going to do that requires gloves like that? Take up bicycling? Skateboarding?

(I just realized that the move to Burbank puts Didio and Co a whole lot closer to my neighborhood than it was before. Nuts.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)