Page 154 of 248 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3709

They should have put Carol twice as Ms and Captain instead of putting two Jeans lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They should have put Carol twice as Ms and Captain instead of putting two Jeans lol.
    yeah that was dumb since its the same character. Young Jean may have eventually become her own due to the time displacement but at the time in which we meant her they were one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    by Philip Tan

Attachment 44587
    Awesome!
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Marc Guggenheim (W), Ardian Syaf (A/C), Andre Leroy Davis (VC), David Marquez (VC), Leonard Kirk (VC), Billy Martin (VC), Skottie Young (VC).
    * From the ashes of Inhumans vs X-Men, an all-new team of X-Men Rises! Xavier's dream comes full circle as Kitty Pryde takes the reins and assembles a squad of the most iconic X-Men to fight at her side. Storm. Colossus. Nightcrawler. Old Man Logan. Prestige. They are X-Men Gold! And they're on a mission to be Earth's finest heroes, even when that means defending those who hate and fear them.
    32 pages, $3.99.

And then finally you’ve got Prestige, which is Rachel Grey’s new identity. It’s really useful to have a telepath. And one of the more fun things about writing Rae is figuring out new and different ways for her to use her powers offensively, so it’s not just her firing psi-blasts at people, but really getting into the applications of telepathy and the ability to read people’s thoughts. There’s a lot of fun to be had with that.

Nrama: Getting more specific, you’re slightly reinventing or reinvigorating Rachel Grey with a new codename, “Prestige.” You’ve previously compared that to Carol Danvers taking the name “Binary” when her powers were drastically altered. What’s triggering this reinvention for Rachel, both from your perspective, and an in-story perspective?

Guggenheim: This is sort of a new beginning for all the X-Men, post –“ResurrXion.” It’s a reboot, the start of a new chapter. This is particularly true for Rachel. Kitty has encouraged her to adopt a new codename as a way to say to herself and the world, “I’m my own person. I’m not just the offspring of Scott Summers and Jean Grey. I’m not just a former Phoenix. I’m charting my own course, carving out my own destiny.” The point is for Rachel to be looking forward in contrast to her previous identities which have always been tied to some kind of legacy.

art by Summerset

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    And then finally you’ve got Prestige, which is Rachel Grey’s new identity. It’s really useful to have a telepath. And one of the more fun things about writing Rae is figuring out new and different ways for her to use her powers offensively, so it’s not just her firing psi-blasts at people, but really getting into the applications of telepathy and the ability to read people’s thoughts. There’s a lot of fun to be had with that.
    'Ya do know Rachel's no slouch the the telepathy department and also a telekinetic, right?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Her hair and face in that fanart makes her look too much like Tean, in my opinion.

-

Hopefully it isn't forgotten that Rachel is one of the most skilled with TK weaponry/armory, she has some really creative weaponry and has consistently bee shown to switch between them on the fly.

He is well aware of her TK powers. That's the power she used the most in his small adjectiveless run and I mean she is flying in the preview. Besides claw like power manifestations, Rachel never really used tk weapons that much actually. Most of the time we've seen this was when she was background. One time an axe and another time a hammer cause Thor was too close.
    Rachel has always used her powers from far away. I mean it makes no sense for someone whith tk to get near their target. I'd leave those stunts to Psylocke cause it makes sense on her character.

Another interesting dynamic that occurred to while looking at your line up is you have two characters that hail from nightmarish possible futures in Old Man Logan and Rachel Grey. What’s it like bouncing those two characters off of each other?

I’ve got an idea for a really cool scene between Logan and Rachel, but the right moment to have that scene hasn’t happened yet. The scene I have in mind does speak directly to the fact they both come from futures that just happen to both be lousy. What is it about the future that in any iteration, it always looks crappy? I want to get a little meta (but not too meta) about it, but I haven’t had a chance to fit that in just yet.

that’s Rachel Grey, Hope Summers and Quentin Quire flanking Jean as she tries to figure out her fate. This is a big deal for Hope Summers, who has been missing in action for almost two years at this point. “Jean Grey” will mark her return to action. “Jean Grey” writer Dennis Hopeless spoke about Hope’s return in the latest installment of X-POSITION, saying that he almost used the character in his recent “All-New X-Men” run.

“I did consider Hope briefly, but I was always concerned about growing the cast too large,” said Hopeless about his soon-to-conclude X-Men team book. “My favorite thing to write is intimate character drama and the more stars you have in a book, the more juggling you have to do. Larger casts make what I do much more difficult. That said, I do love writing Hope (and everyone else from ‘Cable & X-Force’ frankly). Don’t be surprised to see her show up in ‘Jean Grey.’ Also, yes, Jean will absolutely interact with previous Phoenix Force hosts. That’s a big part of our second issue.”

Quentin Quire has also spent much of the last year laying low, but ResurrXion will bring him back into the X-fold in a major way. In addition to this guest star role in “Jean Grey,” he’ll also appear in the new “Generation X” series. Rachel Grey’s popped up a few times in recent months, specifically in the X-Men’s “Civil War II” and “IvX” tie-ins. She’ll return as a member of the team in “X-Men Gold.”

In a previous X-POSITION, Hopeless also spoke about Jean’s relationship with the Phoenix Force moving forward.

“Jean is trying to avoid her older self’s Phoenix curse and the tortured life that comes with it,” said Hopeless. “In the beginning, Jean won’t know exactly what that means or how to go about it, but she’s dedicated. The series follows Jean as she travels around learning about The Phoenix and preparing herself (trying at least) for the inevitable battle. I can’t wait for everyone to see what we have in store.”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

It's YUGE as Jean, Rachel, and Hope have never shared the same space before. Hell Jean and Rachel have had more interactions than Jean and Hope and Rachel and Hope combined. I don't even know that Rachel and Hope have officially met in panel as her "Hope" in AvX was Xavier.

art by Michael Brower

art by Michael Brower Jean, Hope y Rachel

I still can't believe these 3 are going to appear on the same issue and actually TALK!!!