Page 2 of 248 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    What would most of have Rachel join? NXS or Kitty?
    But Kitty already joined the NXS so...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    But Kitty already joined the NXS so...

She's hiding there with the O5 she hasn't joined Scott and his revolution.

Bendis and marts stated that after "testament of Xavier" we'll have even more factions.

All-New Member

Yay! Rachel thread is back.

Yay Rachel! Here's hoping for a bigger role in the future!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    What would most of have Rachel join? NXS or Kitty?
    Hmm, I think NXS over Kitty. Only because Marvel has made it their business to separate and distance Rachel and Jeen, otherwise they work well together. Ideally I would have brought back Excalibur or have Rachel remember her Askani skills and open an Askani Institute....but that storyline has been co-opted for Quire.

I have loved her for very long, especially in the beginning. But the attention she is getting now does not make me happy. I don't think she is written well. As for Sublime...I don't really like him as her love interest. And she was late to recall the fact he killed her mom (last X-Men book).

Please make Rachel Rachel again.

Incredible Member

Sublime thing was bad . Even worse than Korvus. I wonder if that was intentionally bad or was Wood seriously expecting positive feedback about it

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Askani, time travel, apocalypse and Phoenix and somehow they managed to leave Rachel out of the story. I will not be surprised if WAX bombs within 10 issues.
    She's not in it? Geez, I was thinking about picking it up when I heard the Askani were involved, because I thought Rachel would be in it. Glad I didn't.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Rachel needs to be the one to teach Jeen, not Emma. No one knows the Phoenix better than Rachel in 616 currently other than the Jeen in the White Hot Room. Rachel is also one the most powerful Mutants in 616 as well.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Eh, I don't know anymore. Marvel has done it's best to separate and keep any interaction with Rachel and Scott/Jeen/Teen Scott/Cable/Hope at the bare minimum. Since Jeen is under Bendis' control, he's made it clear that he doesn't have any interest in Rachel and doesn't want to involve her with his plans for Jeen. Hence the week at the JGS that Rachel mysteriously went to Madripoor when the O5 appeared (but not really because she was still around) and the momentary interactions with Jeen in ANXM. Why start now? Plus fans are looking for more Emma and Jeen interaction. Emma is broken and won't be able to help guide Jeen fully, but that's ok because it doesn't involve ....you know....that "other Grey" that Jeen isn't supposed to know about....

Rachel was in Cable's ongoing in the past. They've interacted and seem to be decent around each other but that was so long ago...

It seems like writers are simply afraid how to write Rachel when she's with her direct alternate relatives. Which is strange as they have no issue writing Cable with his family. Is it because his father is 616 Cyke while Rachel has only alternate parents?

BANNED

Rachel's fine where she is (JGSFHL), she just needs to be used more. She needs more action in Wood's book, more use in Amazing, and to be more than a picture frame in WAX.

No, JGS is a blight and Rachel is too good for it. Besides, she should be all for the Revolution as she has first hand experience in knowing what happens if Cyke fails and the Avengers and their Anti-Mutant supporters win.

Ray has too much sense to involve herself with propaganda and extreme measures. She knows what happens when the X-Men go to war and it seems reasonable to think she'd do whatever she could to prevent it happening in this timeline. I want to see her as a major player for gold side, fully on the front lines like in her Excalibur days.

Incredible Member

Right now neither JGL nor NXS is not a good place for Rachel . She needs to go to either UA or X-force where she will actually do something and not be a wallpaper.
    Also for some reason , Rachel is almost always better when she is in a team not named X-men (Excalibur, Starjammers and Askani)