Page 139 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 3709

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Has Rachel ever met Nate Grey on panel? If so, what is her relationship like with him? Does she acknowledge him as her brother at all?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    That's disappointing, she should be with Magneto. Storm's side is full of X-men that betrayed her father.

-

She met Nate Grey but they didn't talk.

I love them both in all female X-men ongoing by Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    thanks. Does she actually interact with him though?

eta:

That's disappointing, she should be with Magneto. Storm's side is full of X-men that betrayed her father.

-

thanks. That sucks

A friend of mine got a commission from Any Park at the Long Beach Comic Con. Andy's best known for Uncanny X-Men 452-454 but he's currently working as a concept artists for the Marvel movies. He's posted on his Deviant Art page that Excalibur was one of his favorite comics growing up.

rachel-small.jpg

^ Very great sketch! The mullet was a product of its time back then but that sketch manages to make it look good!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    It'd be better to see her as a supporting role in Cable's solo. She has been there before and it was really good
    I couldn't agree more! Her last guest appearance in his series was great. Wouldn't mind if those two became a duo like he was with Deadpool. Their similarities are a compelling enough draw!

Rather she not play second fiddle to a much younger and inexperienced character like Tean as odds are Rachel will be forced to job constantly to make Tean look better.
    If it's a Jeen solo than why not have Rachel be a guest star and they can center a whole issue on the two of them building an interesting relationship. Now that Bendis is gone and it was really only Wood and Carey who dived into Rachel and Jeen interacting, we can finally see those two have a heart to heart conversation. Hell maybe Rachel could become a mother figure and mentor to her teen mother! That would be something!

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    The blue team is composed of the original 5, she doesn't belong there. Be actually happy Rachel is in a book, specially with a lot of characters she really care about like Kitty and Nightcrawler.
    Ugh. While I am glad Rachel is coming back to the X-Men it sucks she has to be on a team with Storm and them again where she will most likely be overshadowed and ignored. Storm is always a bitch to her, Kitty betrayed her for Illyana and Nightcrawler is still the one who forced his tongue down her throat (Yes I am aware she liked it but that scene still makes me cringe a little)

But I will keep my reservations and wait and see. Hopefully the book is being written by the likes of Bunn, who shows the great potential and power Rachel has.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    It looks like Rachel will be in the Gold team with Storm. Hurray!
    Outside of the potentially misleading cover, did someone show the lineups?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Has Rachel ever met Nate Grey on panel? If so, what is her relationship like with him? Does she acknowledge him as her brother at all?
    No, they have been in the same panel but they have never interacted. And that panel is the only panel they have ever been in together.

The blue team is composed of the original 5, she doesn't belong there. Be actually happy Rachel is in a book, specially with a lot of characters she really care about like Kitty and Nightcrawler.
    If we are taking the covers on face value then the Gold team is Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus, Beast, Archangel, Rachel, Kitty, and Cyclops
    If we are taking the covers on face value for the Blue team then it's Hank, Teen Hank, Jean, Cyclops, 2 Icemans, Angel, and Archangel.

I don't mind the Gold team if we're going off the covers, but that Blue team is tragic. I don't want to read another book about the original 5, and certainly not a book that is literally about different incarnations of the same person. I'd rather read a book solely on Madrox's dupes than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    ^ Very great sketch! The mullet was a product of its time back then but that sketch manages to make it look good!
    Abso, I LOVE that!

If it's a Jeen solo than why not have Rachel be a guest star and they can center a whole issue on the two of them building an interesting relationship. Now that Bendis is gone and it was really only Wood and Carey who dived into Rachel and Jeen interacting, we can finally see those two have a heart to heart conversation. Hell maybe Rachel could become a mother figure and mentor to her teen mother! That would be something!
    It would be nice, let's hope it growth for both characters if they choose to do it. fingers crossed (but I'm not holding my breath)

Ugh. While I am glad Rachel is coming back to the X-Men it sucks she has to be on a team with Storm and them again where she will most likely be overshadowed and ignored. Storm is always a bitch to her, Kitty betrayed her for Illyana and Nightcrawler is still the one who forced his tongue down her throat (Yes I am aware she liked it but that scene still makes me cringe a little)

But I will keep my reservations and wait and see. Hopefully the book is being written by the likes of Bunn, who shows the great potential and power Rachel has.
    I disagree with you on this last bit. The X-Men has always been a family. Families have little squabbles here and there. It's not unheard of. So there are going to be times when Storm is a bitch, Rachel is moody and argumentative, Kitty is snarky and entitled, etc. But I would never say that "Storm is always a bitch to her, Kitty betrayed her for Illyana and Nightcrawler is still the one who forced his tongue down her throat" because those aren't always true. Yes in the Wood X-Men book there was this strong animosity between Storm and Rachel (which made little sense even with the poor storyline excuse), and yes Storm was angry with Rachel when she took people's souls to confront the Beyonder. But beyond that, Storm has been a friend and sometimes motherly to Rachel. So always is a large stretch to go to. As for Kitty, Illyana was Kitty's best friend before Rachel arrived. Period. If Illyana dies, or comes back, you know Kitty is going to be there to see her friend. And Rachel was gone for big periods as well, and not on the same team at times. But it doesn't mean that aren't close and she betrayed Rachel. And while I also hated that forced Claremont pairing of Rachel and Kurt, let's not paint Kurt as a sexual predator or sexual assaulter because we didn't like it as readers.

BANNED

-

We don't know if Magneto will have a team. Based on the images on the X-Men Blue and Gold teams, it looks like Magneto may be out of the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

No, they have been in the same panel but they have never interacted. And that panel is the only panel they have ever been in together.

If we are taking the covers on face value then the Gold team is Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus, Beast, Archangel, Rachel, Kitty, and Cyclops
    If we are taking the covers on face value for the Blue team then it's Hank, Teen Hank, Jean, Cyclops, 2 Icemans, Angel, and Archangel.

I don't mind the Gold team if we're going off the covers, but that Blue team is tragic. I don't want to read another book about the original 5, and certainly not a book that is literally about different incarnations of the same person. I'd rather read a book solely on Madrox's dupes than this.

Abso, I LOVE that!

It would be nice, let's hope it growth for both characters if they choose to do it. fingers crossed (but I'm not holding my breath)

I disagree with you on this last bit. The X-Men has always been a family. Families have little squabbles here and there. It's not unheard of. So there are going to be times when Storm is a bitch, Rachel is moody and argumentative, Kitty is snarky and entitled, etc. But I would never say that "Storm is always a bitch to her, Kitty betrayed her for Illyana and Nightcrawler is still the one who forced his tongue down her throat" because those aren't always true. Yes in the Wood X-Men book there was this strong animosity between Storm and Rachel (which made little sense even with the poor storyline excuse), and yes Storm was angry with Rachel when she took people's souls to confront the Beyonder. But beyond that, Storm has been a friend and sometimes motherly to Rachel. So always is a large stretch to go to. As for Kitty, Illyana was Kitty's best friend before Rachel arrived. Period. If Illyana dies, or comes back, you know Kitty is going to be there to see her friend. And Rachel was gone for big periods as well, and not on the same team at times. But it doesn't mean that aren't close and she betrayed Rachel. And while I also hated that forced Claremont pairing of Rachel and Kurt, let's not paint Kurt as a sexual predator or sexual assaulter because we didn't like it as readers.
    Storm and Rachel also resolves their issues BEFORE Wood even left the book. When people work together like they do sometimes there are differences, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post

I couldn't agree more! Her last guest appearance in his series was great. Wouldn't mind if those two became a duo like he was with Deadpool. Their similarities are a compelling enough draw!

Storm was NEVER a bitch to Rachel until Wood happened. Their feud was forced and never made any sense. And like someone already said, they patched things up.
    Kitty did not betray Rachel. Bendis didn't even acknowledge their past relation, so this is a good time to bring back their friendship. And Nightcrawler and Rachel have way to much of a rich history together to forget it all by Claremont's worse run ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

Abso, I LOVE that!

Not really. I think you are looking too much into it. The blue team is most likely just one incarnation of the 05. They are simply showing the evolution of the 5 in the cover. As for the gold team, I would bet on this comp: Storm, Nightcrawler, Old Man Logan, Colossus, Rachel, Kitty.

I don't think they would show Rachel if she wasn't in it.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Not really. I think you are looking too much into it. The blue team is most likely just one incarnation of the 05. They are simply showing the evolution of the 5 in the cover. As for the gold team, I would bet on this comp: Storm, Nightcrawler, Old Man Logan, Colossus, Rachel, Kitty.

I don't think they would show Rachel if she wasn't in it.
    I'm hopeful for Gold. I have no clue what they'll do with Blue, but I'm not really interested in another O5 book, especially if it's the teens. I'd rather see something more akin to the 1991 Blue and Gold cast where the O5 came back and were on different teams.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Depending on the creative team I may get Gold if Rachel is on the roster.

I don't want a team that screws her over like say Spider-Man and the X-men.

Andy Park

She and Kitty used to be best friends. Was much done with that after she returned to the X-men? Id imagine that would have been handled in Wolverine and the X-men

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Andy Park
    Park is freaking killing it with his Ray sketches!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah