Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default RACHEL GREY/SUMMERS, the Phoenix/Mother Askani Appreciation

Incredible Member

I love Rachel and hope to see her getting more action soon.

BANNED

She should've kept the coat and lost the belt.

I'm enjoying her and Monet sniping at each other tho. And her playing Storm to Storm's Cyclops. And her missing Rogue (diaf Skrull Quitty).

Is she gonna tell everyone else her ex killed her mom?

Incredible Member

Probably not. She'd want to kill him herself. Telling others might interfere with that.
    I agree on the uniform. She should probably go back to her Starjammers uniform. It was one of the better outfits she wore

Fantastic Member

Rachel's one of my favorite characters because of her early X-Men and Excalibur appearances. Anyways, I think I messed up her neck design but otherwise I think this came out fairly decently.
    rachel_grey_web_by_dungeonmasterjim-d7gniyf.jpg

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'm a big fan of her Starjammers costume myself. I'd like to see her actually do something worthy of her powers in the comics. I'm tired of her playing second fiddle to Betsy or other psychics, or being excluded from storylines because its inconvenient to their story. She ain't that hard to write people, get with the program. She's here to stay.

BANNED

Latour's WAX is shameful. I vote it's excised from canon.

Incredible Member

Askani, time travel, apocalypse and Phoenix and somehow they managed to leave Rachel out of the story. I will not be surprised if WAX bombs within 10 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Askani, time travel, apocalypse and Phoenix and somehow they managed to leave Rachel out of the story. I will not be surprised if WAX bombs within 10 issues.
    That awful series is bound to be canceled sometime this year or next.

What's bothersome about it, is that Latour implied in that interview (or x-position) that he couldn't fit her.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    What's bothersome about it, is that Latour implied in that interview (or x-position) that he couldn't fit her.
    That's bullshit. You can't say that you can involve every element of a character and not bring them in.
    Unless of course Mike Masrt says so. I[ going to ask Rachel questions as well as Rogue

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Its just an excuse. If he is doing an Askani story with Rachel, there is nothing to do with Quire then . He is trying hard to promote Quire using Rachel's concepts and that is the reason why he is not writing Rachel in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    She's not in it? Geez, I was thinking about picking it up when I heard the Askani were involved, because I thought Rachel would be in it. Glad I didn't.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Rachel needs to be the one to teach Jeen, not Emma. No one knows the Phoenix better than Rachel in 616 currently other than the Jeen in the White Hot Room. Rachel is also one the most powerful Mutants in 616 as well.

Eh, I don't know anymore. Marvel has done it's best to separate and keep any interaction with Rachel and Scott/Jeen/Teen Scott/Cable/Hope at the bare minimum. Since Jeen is under Bendis' control, he's made it clear that he doesn't have any interest in Rachel and doesn't want to involve her with his plans for Jeen. Hence the week at the JGS that Rachel mysteriously went to Madripoor when the O5 appeared (but not really because she was still around) and the momentary interactions with Jeen in ANXM. Why start now? Plus fans are looking for more Emma and Jeen interaction. Emma is broken and won't be able to help guide Jeen fully, but that's ok because it doesn't involve ....you know....that "other Grey" that Jeen isn't supposed to know about....