Page 146 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3709

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Unless something changed Rachel should still have the brand on her back which she got during the Fall of the Grey's storyline from the Shiar hunting her, Claremont himself through the story said she could not remove them. There was something about it. Anyway it's nice Rachel is finally going to get some shine.
    I believe Wolverine made referenced at some point that Rachel could easily remove the mark on her back. The only reason for not doing it being she wanted the Shiar to come for her as she wanted revenge.

Rachel needs her own hairstyle, costume design including colors and name. It was too easy to make her the second Phoenix and Marvel Girl, even using Jean's colors and one of Jean's unused costumes.

While I didn't immediately like "Prestige" for Rachel, it might just grow on me. I think we need to give it a little time and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yes that's true up until her battle with Necrom. When she was brought back to life by the Phoenix Force in Excalibur 62, it wiped all the hound conditioning, Mojo conditioning, and houndmarks from her giving her a clean slate at life. Yost brought them back by having the Phoenix throw everything back on the slate at once as Jean/Hope yanked it our of her.
    The houndmarks were back as Mother Askani too, which wasn't explained except that Fabian Nicieza wanted the clue that it was Rachel, but the artist drew them wrong in Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Rachel needs her own hairstyle, costume design including colors and name. It was too easy to make her the second Phoenix and Marvel Girl, even using Jean's colors and one of Jean's unused costumes.
    I always though that she already had those:

Anyway, I don't have a problem with the new name, only if a real solid reason is given for her to choose it.

Also, I'm very happy that she is the only TP/TK in the team, so they will spare us awkward comparisons with other ESPers (M or Psylocke).
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

BANNED

While I didn't immediately like "Prestige" for Rachel, it might just grow on me.
    I think we need to give it a little time and see what happens.
    Not a chance... Said moniker simply doesn't match Rachel's nature or mutant abilities.
    pres·tige:
    preˈstēZH,preˈstēj/
    noun
    widespread respect and admiration felt for someone or something on the basis of a perception of their achievements or quality.
    "he experienced a tremendous increase in prestige following his victory"
    synonyms: status, standing, stature, reputation, repute, regard, fame, note, renown, honor, esteem, celebrity, importance, prominence, influence, eminence; More
    denoting something that arouses respect or admiration.
    modifier noun: prestige

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Not a chance... Said moniker simply doesn't match Rachel's nature or mutant abilities.
    pres·tige:
    preˈstēZH,preˈstēj/
    noun
    widespread respect and admiration felt for someone or something on the basis of a perception of their achievements or quality.
    synonyms: status, standing, stature, reputation, repute, regard, fame, note, renown, honor, esteem, celebrity, importance, prominence, influence, eminence; More
    Moving things without touching them and reading minds is fairly magical...

BANNED

Let's say it's "not" and, just pretend it is -- the Ororo fans might take offense at the implication that Rachel has latent magical potential too.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 12-03-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    I always though that she already had those:

Anyway, I don't have a problem with the new name, only if a real solid reason is given for her to choose it.

Also, I'm very happy that she is the only TP/TK in the team, so they will spare us awkward comparisons with other ESPers (M or Psylocke).
    The Hound bdsm outfit is pretty degrading and isn't really hero friendly. The high heels are silly too. Glad she got rid of those.

Her jacket look is still one of my favorites for her as is her Starjammers look with the jacket.

pres·tige:
    preˈstēZH,preˈstēj/
    noun
    Well, you really have no choice!

Rachel's new name is already picked by the writers, at least for now.

The only thing you can do is not buy the book.

I intend to give it a little time and see how I like Rachel's new look and name.

BANNED

Askani would've been a better option

BANNED

Well, you really have no choice!

Rachel's new name is already picked by the writers, at least for now.

The only thing you can do is not buy the book.

I intend to give it a little time and see how I like Rachel's new look and name.
    I'll get the book because she'll always be Rachel Grey AFAIK... I can always ignore the "prestige" moniker.

BANNED

pres·tige:
    preˈstēZH,preˈstēj/
    noun
    Sounds like describing Storm to me.

But I'm liking the name Prestige more and more as day goes by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    I believe Wolverine made referenced at some point that Rachel could easily remove the mark on her back. The only reason for not doing it being she wanted the Shiar to come for her as she wanted revenge.
    Wait!?! And, Logan would know this how?

Amazing Member

Wait!?! And, Logan would know this how?
    I don't remember Wolverine saying that, but in Uncanny 469 Nightcrawler and Psylocke discuss the deathmark after Beast's examined Rachel and they don't really believe she can't erase it herself. Kurt because she just turned herself into a dinosaur and Betsy because she feels Rachel wants the Shi'ar to find her.

Personally I tend to think they were on to something there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NotABadger View Post
    I don't remember Wolverine saying that, but in Uncanny 469 Nightcrawler and Psylocke discuss the deathmark after Beast's examined Rachel and they don't really believe she can't erase it herself. Kurt because she just turned herself into a dinosaur and Betsy because she feels Rachel wants the Shi'ar to find her.

Personally I tend to think they were on to something there.
    She doesn't have it anymore, so clearly she erased it. In that issue, they did not say she couldn't erase it. They didn't believe her when she said she could not erase it herself.