Page 3 of 248 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I could see her over in NXS with Kitty, or in a reborn Exaclibur book, or even with Cyclops on UXM. The point is, there are lots of places where they COULD use her and where she fits. It's just that Marvel has shown little inclination to use her in any major capacity. Heck, she barely appeared in AVX, an event focused around the freaking Phoenix.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Rachel's fine where she is (JGSFHL), she just needs to be used more. She needs more action in Wood's book, more use in Amazing, and to be more than a picture frame in WAX.
    I get the feeling that she'll be leaving woods team soon and pixie might replace her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I get the feeling that she'll be leaving woods team soon and pixie might replace her.
    I hope not. I love Rachel's interaction with the team and honestly Pixie should be replacing Jubilee since she's on maternity leave anyway. Lol
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Rachel needs to be the one to teach Jeen, not Emma. No one knows the Phoenix better than Rachel in 616 currently other than the Jeen in the White Hot Room. Rachel is also one the most powerful Mutants in 616 as well.

There's no PF to worry about "currently" so.....

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I hope not. Selene and Madelyne are two powerful women and one is Rachel's nemesis. I'm dying to see another Selene and Rachel interaction, and would love to see Ray actually interact with Maddie. Pixie can replace Omega Human/Sentinel. They need a teleporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I hope not. Selene and Madelyne are two powerful women and one is Rachel's nemesis. I'm dying to see another Selene and Rachel interaction, and would love to see Ray actually interact with Maddie. Pixie can replace Omega Human/Sentinel. They need a teleporter.
    Agreed though I'd rather they replaced her with Jubilee. Wood doesn't seem too interested in the dynamic between her and M and with a baby around I don't see her playing the fields as much as she should. Rachel just needs more development and more mythos to follow up on. Selene's return could have been her jumping point but alas Wood kinda dropped the ball on that one but I still have faith that he'll bring back that tension and momentum.
    I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I would love to see them knock heads again(though Rachel did beat Selene last time they fought) but considering how Wood's been treating her , I would rather see her being written by Aaron or Remender at this point

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    Agreed though I'd rather they replaced her with Jubilee. Wood doesn't seem too interested in the dynamic between her and M and with a baby around I don't see her playing the fields as much as she should. Rachel just needs more development and more mythos to follow up on. Selene's return could have been her jumping point but alas Wood kinda dropped the ball on that one but I still have faith that he'll bring back that tension and momentum.
    Rachel already has plenty of mythos to work on but writers tend to use them for other characters

Rachel has the sublime subplot and her ongoing tete a tete with Storm. I think she's anchored where she is for the time being.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

There's no PF to worry about "currently" so.....
    Jeen's dreams say otherwise. Phoenix will be reborn eventually as Marvel loves Phoenix.

So Rachel should teach her as she's an Omega-Level, can actually utilize her powers and was the only truly sane host of the Phoenix to date as it's hers by birthright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Ray has too much sense to involve herself with propaganda and extreme measures. She knows what happens when the X-Men go to war and it seems reasonable to think she'd do whatever she could to prevent it happening in this timeline. I want to see her as a major player for gold side, fully on the front lines like in her Excalibur days.
    She also knows what happens when the X-Men let the monsters win by not fighting. The JGS is hiding itself from humanity, the NXS is spreading awareness and garnering support with Humanity as well as fighting the sections that want to see them all dead.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-01-2014 at 12:02 PM.

BANNED

Uh, NXS is quite literally the school in hiding. JGS is open and public, you've got it backwards Sard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Rachel has the sublime subplot and her ongoing tete a tete with Storm. I think she's anchored where she is for the time being.

That ongoing tete a tete can lead to her leaving and M is also playing a similar role.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Uh, NXS is quite literally the school in hiding. JGS is open and public, you've got it backwards Sard.
    No, JGS has gated walls and doesn't let the students mingle with humans or to leave them. Beast even explained to the O5 that it's bad outside the walls and that's why they're behind them.

While Cyke is making public appearances and is publicly fighting the good fight for equality instead of fiddling his thumbs and praying it'll one day happen like the JGS is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Rachel already has plenty of mythos to work on but writers tend to use them for other characters
    Lol and that's the sad thing. I've always felt Rachel had too much potential to be handled in such a way by writers. I'd like to see her develop her powers as well as her relationships. Bendis just made their reaction to each other so ambigous, it was swept under the rug. She's a powerhouse and has been around long enough to have a solid "voice" but writers do tend to forget what she's been through.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy010 View Post
    Lol and that's the sad thing. I've always felt Rachel had too much potential to be handled in such a way by writers. I'd like to see her develop her powers as well as her relationships. Bendis just made their reaction to each other so ambigous, it was swept under the rug. She's a powerhouse and has been around long enough to have a solid "voice" but writers do tend to forget what she's been through.
    Or her voice. Folks don't know her personality, her position....

o